Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Tampa Sweethearts Bundles: Yay or Nay
BamBam 03:22 PM 03-05-2009
What are the thoughts on these for those who have had them, both the Natural and Maduro?

I know they are only 30 some dollars, but are they worth it?

I'm considering the Naturals for my golf cigar this year.

Do they have a lot of draw problems since they are rolled by apprentices?

thanks in advance guys
[Reply]
TripleF 03:31 PM 03-05-2009
Keep in mind, I'v had like one or two so I'll refer to the individuals who visit the B&M cigar bar I work at. There's 2 people that smoke them regularly....I'd say they order a bundle a month. They like 'em and I've never seen them have a burn issue or draw problem.

That's my take.
[Reply]
BamBam 03:33 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Keep in mind, I'v had like one or two so I'll refer to the individuals who visit the B&M cigar bar I work at. There's 2 people that smoke them regularly....I'd say they order a bundle a month. They like 'em and I've never seen them have a burn issue or draw problem.

That's my take.
Do you know if they are smoking the Naturals or Maduros or both?

I like to smoke Naturals on the golf course
[Reply]
floydp 03:39 PM 03-05-2009
I buy 4 or 5 bundles of the #500 maduros(for me) and the #4 maduros(Anita) a year. Been smoking them for over 4 years. We like em but that's just us. For me they are worth it.
[Reply]
BamBam 03:40 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by floydp:
I buy 4 or 5 bundles of the #500 maduros(for me) and the #4 maduros(Anita) a year. Been smoking them for over 4 years. We like em but that's just us.
I have heard before that people like their maduros more than their naturals.

Have you tried the naturals?
[Reply]
stearns 03:41 PM 03-05-2009
i like them, just take them as they are. something to smoke that you will enjoy but dont mind putting down, usually for times when you cant sit down and focus on them. i give them a nice big :-)

stearns
[Reply]
TripleF 03:41 PM 03-05-2009
naturals
[Reply]
JJG 03:43 PM 03-05-2009
I've had a few of the naturals and I was really shocked at how good they were. can't say which is better though.
[Reply]
BamBam 04:14 PM 03-05-2009
Are these long filler?

(I know there are some that are short filler, but they are marked that way. Curious about the others)
[Reply]
Stogieboy 05:48 PM 03-05-2009
Maduro :-) have not had the naturals and yes they are long filler
[Reply]
drob 06:20 PM 03-05-2009
The only natural one I have tried is the No. 85 - not bad, but prolly won't buy another bundle. I love the No. 500 Mad's, and also the No. 380 mad's. The 380 is 5 x 38, a good quickie.
[Reply]
promethius 06:44 PM 03-05-2009
Let me know if you get them and like them, I have been wondering the same thing but afraid to pull the trigger on them. I like the Savanelli ELR DBL Corona Maduro's for golf. Lately I've been smoking the RP decade torpedo, but would like something a little cheaper in the 5$ range doe golf that has great flavor but still allows me to keep my senses :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 06:47 PM 03-05-2009
Originally Posted by promethius:
Let me know if you get them and like them, I have been wondering the same thing but afraid to pull the trigger on them. I like the Savanelli ELR DBL Corona Maduro's for golf. Lately I've been smoking the RP decade torpedo, but would like something a little cheaper in the 5$ range doe golf that has great flavor but still allows me to keep my senses :-)
I'm with ya on the lowering my price for a golf gar. That's my quest over the next month. I actually have had a cigar called La Villa Dominicana and it was pretty good. Keep in mind that I tend to like mild.
[Reply]
Tredegar 02:55 PM 03-06-2009
I just had a Number 4 natural last night and I was impressed by it. It's a very mild smoke that picks up intensity as it goes along. I liked it a lot. The smoke was not a pretty one. The wrapper had a serious case of sunspots and there was a tear in the wrapper but that didn't affect it at all. I will have to get some of these when I get a chance.
[Reply]
JJG 03:46 PM 03-06-2009
what's the story on these? I know they are really popular as far as bundles go and the ones I had were fantastic. Are they seconds?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 05:40 PM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
what's the story on these? I know they are really popular as far as bundles go and the ones I had were fantastic. Are they seconds?
There own story is at this link:

http://www.tampasweetheart.com/9.html
[Reply]
promethius 07:22 PM 03-06-2009
Originally Posted by BamBam:
I'm with ya on the lowering my price for a golf gar. That's my quest over the next month. I actually have had a cigar called La Villa Dominicana and it was pretty good. Keep in mind that I tend to like mild.
I think the Savanelli is on the mild side, but again that could be compared to the other smokes I like. Worth a shot if you see them. I'll look for the Villa Dominica next time I'm out for cigars. thanks for the tip!:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 12:59 AM 03-07-2009
I like the 500 and the 50 Maduro, haven't had any Nats yet. Tough to beat these for the price.

They burn great. Not the prettiest sticks in the world and they are rolled fairly loose. Doesn't matter to me though. I have bought them 4 or 5 times and will buy more.

They come fairly wet too so give them a couple weeks in the humi before you have one.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 07:57 AM 03-07-2009
Definitely worth the relatively small cost for a bundle. I love the maduro but the nats are okay too. As everyone else said its more of a yard gar with a great taste just don't expect them to be an ultra premium and you won't be dissapointed.
[Reply]
Tredegar 11:47 AM 03-07-2009
I think it's trigger pulling time.....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up