Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Which cigar should be the #1 seed?
Taboo Twist Toro 29 60.42%
Arganese Double Wrap Churchill 3 6.25%
Indian Tabac Split Decision The Double 2 4.17%
Indian Tabac Split Decision The Triple 1 2.08%
Indian Tabac Split Decision The Quad 2 4.17%
CAO America Potomac 16 33.33%
Sol Cubano Artisan 6 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>illinoishoosier's march "insaneness"*
Whee 05:02 PM 02-28-2009
*march madness copyrighted by someone...:-)

As we get ready to enter the best month of the year for college basketball fans, I thought, "How can I do something with cigars like a March Madness"...

Well here it is...a cigar tasting tourney!

The 7 cigars in the poll are 7 barber poles that I will pair up and smoke until we get a winner. I am going to use a rating sheet posted up in the other place by Tech Ninja. It is a 100 point system. I know, we just had a big thread about ratings, but humor me, I needed a point scale.

Vote for your choice for the #1 seed. I'll leave the poll open for a couple of weeks and then use the vote tally to seed the cigars, and pair them up. Most votes #1 seed, 2nd most #2 etc. you can vote for more than one cigar , try to limit to three.

I will smoke one a day, maybe two on the weekends, rate them and post reviews in the review forum.

So, inmates, post up why your vote should be the #1 seed. Yes, #1 will get the bye in the first round as I only have 7 sticks to work from. And yes, I have enough of each to carry this through to the end.

Pics of each competitor to follow.
[Reply]
Whee 05:09 PM 02-28-2009
Taboo Twist Toro 6x50

Arganese Double Wrap Churchill 7x50

Indian Tabac Split Decision "The Double" 6x52
[Reply]
RottenZombie 05:13 PM 02-28-2009
Should be the Hemingway BTL,,:-)
[Reply]
Whee 05:13 PM 02-28-2009
Indian Tabac Split Decision "The Triple" 6x52

Indian Tabac Split Decision "The Quad" 6x52

CAO America Potomac 5x56

Sol Cubano Artisan 7.1x58

I have only smoked the Twist and the America. The others will be new experiences for me. I am storing them in my travel humi with one water pillow for now.

That's it. Vote away!
[Reply]
Whee 05:14 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by RottenZombie:
Should be the Hemingway BTL,,:-)
Unfortunately, not one that is in my stock. Maybe we can have a rematch down the road.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:57 PM 02-28-2009
I voted the Taboo Twist as that is the only one of the group I have ever smoked.

You have 7 entries, Sean? Based on the looks of the Indian Tabac Split Decision The Quad, I would put that one at #8. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:58 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I voted the Taboo Twist as that is the only one of the group I have ever smoked.

You have 7 entries, Sean? Based on the looks of the Indian Tabac Split Decision The Quad, I would put that one at #8. :-) :-) :-)
Yeah, that one I have a feeling will be an interesting smoke.
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:35 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Yeah, that one I have a feeling will be an interesting smoke.
:-):-)
Interesting as in "I hope you live through it", Sean. :-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 09:03 AM 03-01-2009
I vote the Twist. I'm not fond of CAO or ITC products. The Arganese isn't bad but just doesn't compare to the Twist. I haven't yet had the Sol Cubano.
[Reply]
Whee 10:44 AM 03-01-2009
We have our 8th and final competitor. don;t know what I was thinking, but I have these and completely forgot abou them.

I can't edit the poll, so this will be a write in candidate (unless a helpful, friendly mod can add it to the poll)

CAO Bratalia Perfecto...at work now, will post a pic when I get home.

Don;t forget you can vote for more than one choice.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 10:59 AM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by MithShrike:
I vote the Twist. I'm not fond of CAO or ITC products. The Arganese isn't bad but just doesn't compare to the Twist. I haven't yet had the Sol Cubano.

Not a big ITC fan either, or any of Rocky's stuff for that matter, except for the Super Fuerte's. The America is a decent smoke, but overpriced IMHO. The Italia was my first cigar, so I have a soft spot for all things CAO.
[Reply]
Whee 07:33 PM 03-01-2009
Here is a pic of the CAO Bratalia...

Just post your vote for it. It did not make it into the poll. Remember you can vote for more than one choice.
[Reply]
Whee 11:06 AM 03-06-2009
Just a bump. One week left to vote. Don't forget the Bratalia, just post a vote in the thread.
[Reply]
stearns 12:02 PM 03-06-2009
britalia for sure :-)

stearns
[Reply]
cle_smoker 12:46 PM 03-06-2009
Have to go with the Britalia as well. I've had the Taboo, America, and the Britalia. The Taboo was good, the America was underwhelming, but the Britalia was very good.
[Reply]
Whee 01:45 PM 03-07-2009
We've got a four way tie for the fourth seed. Let's break it up a bit shall we?
[Reply]
AD720 02:27 PM 03-07-2009
I've had the IT Triple and I did a review on it a while back (too lazy to find it :-)) but it was actually really good. I have some quads in the humi, one day I'll get to them.
[Reply]
Whee 02:40 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I've had the IT Triple and I did a review on it a while back (too lazy to find it :-)) but it was actually really good. I have some quads in the humi, one day I'll get to them.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7275

:-)

But I am not going to read it until after I smoke it.:-)
[Reply]
Whee 11:11 AM 03-12-2009
Wanted to give one last bump before the weekend. Poll closes Saturday night. I will post the pairings here on Sunday and then post reviews as they happen in the review forum.

Thanks to those who took time to vote!
[Reply]
Whee 11:27 AM 03-14-2009
One final bump.

Poll closes tonight at 7pm.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up