Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>I Came to a Realization
CBI_2 07:54 PM 02-25-2009
So I'm on my way home from work yesterday and I am coming up to a left turn that I need to make. I am behind a flat bed tow truck with a car on it, hence I can not see what is ahead.

There is a 7-11 at the SW corner of the intersection along with a strip shopping center next to it with connected parking between the two. The tow truck has his left turn signal on and enters the turn lane. I am turning left also so I follow in behind him. We end up stopping and I sit there believing there is a line of traffic ahead. As it turns out, instead of using one of the earlier entrances into the parking area and driving around to the 7-11 he decides to use the one closer to the 7-11 and tie up the turn lane. with no one in front of him. He turns and I see what he has done and I am very POed at the lack of thought and courtesy yet again on the road.

It was at this point that I realized I am probably going to be a crotchety old fart. I just have too low a tolerance for stupidity. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:59 PM 02-25-2009
Well I'm sure some of the older massholes can help you on your journey since they are already there! :-)
[Reply]
G G 08:01 PM 02-25-2009
I can certainly sympathize my friend.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:08 PM 02-25-2009
Trust me, i know how you feel bro:-):-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 08:09 PM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
So I'm on my way home from work yesterday and I am coming up to a left turn that I need to make. I am behind a flat bed tow truck with a car on it, hence I can not see what is ahead.

There is a 7-11 at the SW corner of the intersection along with a strip shopping center next to it with connected parking between the two. The tow truck has his left turn signal on and enters the turn lane. I am turning left also so I follow in behind him. We end up stopping and I sit there believing there is a line of traffic ahead. As it turns out, instead of using one of the earlier entrances into the parking area and driving around to the 7-11 he decides to use the one closer to the 7-11 and tie up the turn lane. with no one in front of him. He turns and I see what he has done and I am very POed at the lack of thought and courtesy yet again on the road.

It was at this point that I realized I am probably going to be a crotchety old fart. I just have too low a tolerance for stupidity. :-)
Join the group with me and Noah!:-) beat ya to it Al.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:15 PM 02-25-2009
Welcome to the club!!!:-)

Now slow down before you kill somebody!!!:-)
[Reply]
markem 08:19 PM 02-25-2009
yeah, I really hate it when people do things that are convenient for them instead of being considerate and doing what is convenient for me. :-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 08:24 PM 02-25-2009
Paul if you would have been smoking a great stick maybe it wouldn't have bothered you:-):-)

I can arrange a few for ya:-)
[Reply]
Drat 08:32 PM 02-25-2009
I'm glad I don't commute by car (or motorcycle) anymore, but I have to say, people's lack of respect of personal body space on the NYC subway is just as upsetting...

Yes, put my on the crotchety old man list...
[Reply]
piperman 08:46 PM 02-25-2009
Believe me the older you get the more stupid people you run in to. because the world is full of stupid people. I'm crotchety and your older than me. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 08:46 PM 02-25-2009
Unfortunately, I know exactly how you feel. People are too wrapped up in their lives to pay attention to how they affect others.
[Reply]
michael88n 09:02 PM 02-25-2009
Consideration for others (Common courtesy) on the roadway is becoming more rare.

I would have been just as ticked off as you.

And if this is putting people in the crotchety category, so be it.

Cheers,
Michael (young and crotchety)
[Reply]
Ye Olde Phart 09:04 PM 02-25-2009
You young whipper-snappers worryin' about gettin' crotchety p*ss me off. Now get offa me lawn. :-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 09:07 PM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by Sailchaser:
Paul if you would have been smoking a great stick maybe it wouldn't have bothered you:-):-)

I can arrange a few for ya:-)
:-):-) So that's the secret! I just need to smoke one on the way home.
[Reply]
karmaz00 10:24 PM 02-25-2009
thats sucks i feel ya
[Reply]
alley00p 10:59 PM 02-25-2009
Originally Posted by CBI_2:
:-):-) So that's the secret! I just need to smoke one on the way home.
That's what gets me to work and home, everyday!!!! :-)

:-)

[Reply]
GoodFella 11:39 PM 02-25-2009
u may be getting old:-)
[Reply]
King James 12:07 AM 02-26-2009
don't worry....you aren't alone in having low tolerance for moronic drivers :-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:58 AM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Well I'm sure some of the older massholes can help you on your journey since they are already there! :-)
Bite me you little twerp! I would have pulled that tow operator's lower lip up over his forehead. More seriously, if you know the tow company, I would file a complaint with the local police. Someone who makes his living clearing accidents knowingly created a hazardous traffic condition for his own convenience. And yes, some of us can help you on your way to becoming crotchety, incontinent geezers.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:49 AM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
don't worry....you aren't alone in having low tolerance for moronic drivers :-)
Sometimes I wish I had the car from that old Spyhunter video game... :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up