Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>RP Edge Maduro - YES!
s15driftking 08:34 AM 02-20-2009
Guess what guys? no pics... yep, The picture whore himself has no pics for this review... Sorry! I smoked this cigar at my local B&M and had not the ability to take pictures and whatnot. I usually would not review a cigar that I could not show you but i felt compelled to write something.

I am not an RP Fan, a lot of his cigars taste the same to be, very one directional. I liked the edge Sumatra quite a bit and i asked my guy if he had any (by slim chance) and he told me that he DID have the edge maduros.

DISCLAIMER - i am not against uni-directional cigars at all, i've just never been impressed with the Rocky's I've smoked Vintage 90 & 92, yeah i know..)

Anyway, on to my notes!

Vitals
Make: Rocky Patel
Model: The Edge Maduro
Size: 6x52
Time: 1 hour

The cigar was most impressive and very affordable. the flavor was bold anf spicey. The burn was perfect and even.

The draw started out a little on the tight side but opened up easily and quickly. Man, i just have to comment on the flavor again. The cigar exhibited a cedary woodsy flavor and produced a full mouth of thick smoke.

I would ask the readers to trade their RP edge Maduros to me for some of my sticks... But I honestly wouldn't want to be cruel to you and take these wonderful sticks away from you!!! Enjoy em fellas!

The wrapper on the cigar had a nice slick sheen to it and the construction was so nice and uniform for a 6 dollar stick. The aroma that rose from the snow white ash produced a spicey and thick tingle on the nose that I've come to love from the smell of burning cigar tobacco.

The cigar finished up hot and woodsy. It was a joyous experience and I will not hesitate to pull the trigger on another one tonight when i return to the cigar shop.

Here's a reference pic for those who are not familiar with the cigar! (this is not a Bobby-pic)

[Reply]
karmaz00 10:10 AM 02-20-2009
nice review thanks for sharing
[Reply]
mithrilG60 10:25 AM 02-20-2009
I agree completely, the Edge Maduro is a wonderful cigar. Based on your comments, are they rare or hard to find in your area? Generally seems to be a pretty consistent supply in my area.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:30 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
I agree completely, the Edge Maduro is a wonderful cigar. Based on your comments, are they rare or hard to find in your area? Generally seems to be a pretty consistent supply in my area.
The sumatras are becoming rare, as they have been discontinued. Edge Sumatra is the best of the Edge line IMHO.
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:48 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:

I've never seen them at "my main squeeze" until last night.

I am very happy to find a stick that is 6 bucks and wonderful that i've never tried before. Yes!!!
[Reply]
mithrilG60 10:56 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
The sumatras are becoming rare, as they have been discontinued. Edge Sumatra is the best of the Edge line IMHO.
IC, thanks for the clarification. I thought he was referring to the maduro as being hard to find, not the sumatra.
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:58 AM 02-20-2009
I am actually,

I was referring to the Maduro... no one around here carries them.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:40 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
I am actually,

I was referring to the Maduro... no one around here carries them.
Check out CI. Always in stock there.
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:43 AM 02-20-2009
Andy, i deff. know that they have them at CI (and for a heck of a good price too)

I was speaking on a local basis.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:44 AM 02-20-2009
If only I had seen this before sending your package out today, I woulda slipped you the last few from my stock. :-) I like the Edge Corojo much better than the maduro--I find the maduro to be "in your face" harsh. I haven't had the Sumatra, but Moe gifted me one in a MAW that's waiting for the weather to warm up. Looking forward to it for sure!
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:48 AM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
If only I had seen this before sending your package out today, I woulda slipped you the last few from my stock. :-)
Awwwe!!! just kidding, it's all good man!

Originally Posted by :
I like the Edge Corojo much better than the maduro--I find the maduro to be "in your face" harsh!
in your face like this?

hehe, Friday hijinx
[Reply]
RevSmoke 12:27 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
If only I had seen this before sending your package out today, I woulda slipped you the last few from my stock. :-) I like the Edge Corojo much better than the maduro--I find the maduro to be "in your face" harsh. I haven't had the Sumatra, but Moe gifted me one in a MAW that's waiting for the weather to warm up. Looking forward to it for sure!
I have had the maduro and the corojo and would agree that the corojo is better. I wouldn't give the same reason though. I think the corojo is more complex and the spice is a bet more predominant.

I have not had the Sumatran Edge, but am looking.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:29 PM 02-20-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Awwwe!!! just kidding, it's all good man!

in your face like this?

hehe, Friday hijinx
Hey! How did you get all of my bling?!?
[Reply]
TripleF 12:46 PM 02-20-2009
I'm with you Bob, one of the best tasting, most consistent ciagrs in the universe....IMHO. And for the money. BAM!

Thanks for the review bro :-)
[Reply]
Catfish 12:58 PM 02-20-2009
Yup. Both the corojo and the maduro.
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:41 PM 02-20-2009
Trips, you nailed it man! a great economical consistent cigar!

Catfish, never had the corojo, i will try it sometime!
[Reply]
Cigary 03:23 PM 02-20-2009
I agree with your review on this great cigar,,,wish I had enough room in my humidor to put some more of these in it.
[Reply]
mash 11:05 PM 03-25-2009
I just finished my third one from the box. I have liked each one more than the last. I agree that they are pretty one dimensional, but they have a nice sweetness. The burn and construction are perfect. I smoke primarily CC's, and I wish they all drew like these did.
[Reply]
Catfish 05:59 AM 03-26-2009
Had an Edge toro maduro last night and a Sun grown toro (not an edge) .

Both were Perfection.

RP's rollers know how to make a toro, my friends.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:33 AM 03-26-2009
Very nice review!!!:-)

These are no Edge Sumatras but after reading your review I'd be willing to give them another chance!!!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up