Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Maduros
Coz77 12:05 PM 02-13-2009
I'm not sure what it is lately but the more I smoke maduros the more I wish I grabbed a natural. Maduros have been taking second chair to almost anything. There was a time when my humi was full of nothing but maduros, however now im just generally dissapointed in them. It almost seems that the maduro wrapper overcomes so much of the filler taste that all im left with is maduro!

Is my palet evolving or is this just a phase?
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:21 PM 02-13-2009
Could be either or both. I go through phases where I don't like most maduros as much, but I always have a few I like regardless.
[Reply]
ucla695 12:56 PM 02-13-2009
I go in cycles. I went through a phase where I smoked nothing but maduros for months. Then one day, I reached for something else and didn’t smoke another maduro for a while.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 12:58 PM 02-13-2009
My taste change with the wind. I've had the on again - off again maduro kick several times over the years. The same goes for corojo, or connecticut shade, etc...

It's natural.:-)

Age the ones you have and enjoy something else for now. For some reason these things tend to go in cycles and it may hit ya again down the road.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 01:00 PM 02-13-2009
I know just what you mean. For a while I was smoking a bunch of maddies. Then I got turned off by the dyed wrappers of some and didn't smoke many for a while. I did reach for one today though... and I have really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
G G 01:01 PM 02-13-2009
I am finding I am the opposite.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 01:02 PM 02-13-2009
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I am finding I am the opposite.
I have always thought that about you Greg. I am glad you confirmed it:-):-)
[Reply]
Kreth 01:14 PM 02-13-2009
Coz, I'll let you have one of those Bucanero Full Sail Maduros at the herf next month. It's one of the best cigars I've smoked so far, full of flavor.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 01:16 PM 02-13-2009
I go through phases. I just left a maduro phase.
[Reply]
JJG 01:28 PM 02-13-2009
I enjoy the Padron maduros but that's about it. When I first started buying smokes, I found maduros to be sweeter and I actually preferred them to natural wrappers but now they just taste bitter to me.

oh well, tastes change.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:59 PM 02-13-2009
It's always good to change things up from time to time!!!:-)

Last time I said "send unwanted maduros to me" I got my arse blown off!!! Learned my lesson!!!
[Reply]
groogs 02:20 PM 02-13-2009
I am like many others here and tend to go through phases.
[Reply]
duckmanco 05:43 PM 02-13-2009
For me, it was/is my palate changing for sure. I was a maduro smoker only for the 1st two years, then I found EcSu, corojo, and Pepin's habano and now, I have a zillion more purchases to make.....:-) But I still love a good maduro.
[Reply]
Catfish 05:57 PM 02-13-2009
Yum

[Reply]
nozero 06:00 PM 02-13-2009
I guess I'm another on again off again sort. I think I can burn out on any wrapper or any cigar for that matter, but then when I stay away for a bit, they're sometimes even better on the return.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:12 PM 02-13-2009
DPG JJ Maduro = Very good cigar...
[Reply]
sofaman 06:51 AM 02-14-2009
I used to never smoke Maduros but Shilala has turned me into a Maduro Whore :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:49 AM 02-14-2009
Went through a Maduro phase and still enjoy some of them. I almost always enjoy the first half of most maduros, it's the second half where it either stays the same or gets really complex. I think that as your palate develops and your taste change, you start enjoying the complex flavors that make up a rich tasting cigar.
[Reply]
Legend 09:35 AM 02-14-2009
Folks need to remember that cigars are almost like food. Whereas in liquor people will find something they like and drink it all the time. Cigars. Like food cycles and changes. You can eat Mexican everyday for months. Then after awhile you're feeling lie Mexican is just greasy crap. But a was down the road your in the mood for Mexican again.
[Reply]
mcmoyer 09:39 AM 02-14-2009
My preferences change on a seemingly daily basis. I'll open up the humi & there is no telling what is going to come out. I've only been smoking regularly for six months or so & I am still blown away by the differences in variety. I definitely dig the PAM and Pepin Series JJ Maduro.

Smoked a Taboo HSG Lancero yesterday afternoon that was absolutely golden.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up