Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Sports>Vikings Fans....Where are you?
Blueface 02:34 PM 01-11-2010
Come on guys!!!
Where are you?

I am not a Vikings fan but man am I rooting for them this weekend.
I hope my encouragement and support help them rust up some spurs.
[Reply]
Tombstone 02:39 PM 01-11-2010
I'm a Vikings fan. I'll be rooting for them.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:40 PM 01-11-2010

[Reply]
Kreth 02:46 PM 01-11-2010
Been a Vikes fan since Tarkenton was under center. I think Favre is the Anti-Christ, but it's hard not to root for the Vikes' first decent season since the Culpepper/Moss days.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blueface 02:59 PM 01-11-2010
Go VIKINGS!!!
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 03:07 PM 01-11-2010
I am raised into being a Partial Vikings fan, but knowing some family moved to Louisiana Years ago.. It grew on me.... hehe

So no matter what I will be rooting for one or the other, but if they both make it to the big game I will have to go for the Saints, Even though the Vikings are still a blast to watch!
[Reply]
Blueface 03:12 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
I am raised into being a Partial Vikings fan, but knowing some family moved to Louisiana Years ago.. It grew on me.... hehe

So no matter what I will be rooting for one or the other, but if they both make it to the big game I will have to go for the Saints, Even though the Vikings are still a blast to watch!
Forget the Saints right now.
Focus on the Cowboys.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 03:14 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Forget the Saints right now.
Focus on the Cowboys.
haha But if the Cowboys take out the Vikings.. a bit easier for the Saints eh :-)

...running away :-)
[Reply]
Thrak 05:15 PM 01-11-2010
I'm so undecided on them... granted I'm not a 'fan', but I dont know if

a) I want them to lose so Farve will just retire and go away

or

b) I want him to win so we can see if he has any magic left in those 65yr old bones of his :-)
[Reply]
MNSmoker 06:13 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Come on guys!!!
Where are you?

I am not a Vikings fan but man am I rooting for them this weekend.
I hope my encouragement and support help them rust up some spurs.
I bleed purple!! I'm a die-hard Vikes fan and I'm pumped for the Cowboys game this Sunday. I love the support Carlos, we'll need it this weekend if Dallas continues their hot streak.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:03 PM 01-11-2010
Kill them Cowgirls!
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:48 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Kill them Cowgirls!
Will do. And you meant Cowboys... Right? :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 01:11 PM 01-17-2010
Its looking good for you guys today
[Reply]
shvictor 01:40 PM 01-17-2010
Congrats to you guys. You guys played great
[Reply]
replicant_argent 01:43 PM 01-17-2010
took a nap... they still appear to be winning.
[Reply]
MNSmoker 03:08 PM 01-17-2010
It was a fun one today. There was a lot of talk about Dallas' defense coming into this game and Favre and Rice carved them apart. The Vike's defense stepped up huge and played the best game of the season. We're going to need to continue playing at this high level if we're going to sneak out of New Orleans with a win.
[Reply]
Kreth 03:22 PM 01-17-2010
Ray Edwards especially stepped it up when they started doubling Allen.
Favre will need to spread the passing around next week, because you know the Saints will be all over Rice.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
macpappy 10:04 PM 01-17-2010
Excellent game by Vikings today. Looking forward to next Sunday.
[Reply]
marge796 10:08 PM 01-17-2010
Congrats Vikings! The NFC championship game is going to be awesome!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Wanger 06:54 AM 01-19-2010
Born and raised here in MN. I bleed Purple. :-) I really hope they get the one that Page, Marshall, Tark, Yary, Krause, Eller, and co. never could get.

They beat up on a team that was considered the hottest team in the conference coming into the game. They were able to get pressure and shut down a pro bowl WR (austin) and limited the damage one of the best TEs in the game did (10 catches for 98 for Witten, but no scores and a lot of it came late.). Edwards needs to be relatively healthy and be able to get pressure next week, though if the rest of the D-line steps up like they did, it will be fun to watch. They didn't get Peterson untracked, but if the Saints gear up to stop the pass, I have a feeling AD will go off like he hasn't done in a long time. Not sure that thay have the defensive personnel to bottle up both the passing and running games of the Vikes. I'm confident on the Vikes run D, but they need to get pressure like they did against Dallas to have a shot, especially with Winfiend not back to 100%. Being a road game is tough, but they can match up will on offense, and on the D-line. The game will be won or lost based on how much pressure they get on Brees. If they get him on the run and he doesn't have time to find his receivers, then I think the Vikes win.

As for the offense, well, I don't know that the Saints have the defensive personnel to shut down everyone else like Dallas did on Sunday. Can their corners match up? Favre had an atypical day on Sunday. Throughout the season, he's been able to spread the ball around a lot more than he did, but when his #1 receiver is getting that many touches, I'll take it. They have more weapons to use than they did in Sunday's game, and I'd expect to see them be utilized more.

I think it will be a close game, and come down to the amount of pressure the Vikes get on Brees, as I said before.

Skol Vikings!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up