Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Red Dawn?
icehog3 04:21 PM 11-03-2012
Hope "it" is a tittie. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 04:38 PM 11-03-2012
I am on the side of LIKING RED DAWN......
I agree that classic doesn't mean one thing exclusively. They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper?
Great little cheeseball.
Plan 9 is a classic and it sucks.
Talladega Nights is a Terrible Movie, and yet people just can't STOP LOVING IT.

I like Red dawn a lot but always thought it should have been better. Just because it had all the budding new stars
of the day does not mean they were cast to be freaking Oscar candidates. If ANYTHING is bad about this its how
easily they decided to keep Chinese relations in the great state they are by digitally manipulating the right frames.
Hollywood is filled with caricatures of human beings running things, they are scared 5hitless of originality. But you could
easily show them what you think about it. Most choose not to, and go to the theater and see crap du jour every night.
When it is released on DVD in a few weeks, I will do my part as a good American and download it illegally.

if i am a sucker, and I am, it is that I always have hope that now that they CAN, they will make it better.
But of course, then they go out and re-make THE THING just as bad as it could possible be.
[Reply]
E.J. 04:46 PM 11-03-2012
Have to agree, love "Red Dawn" and me and my friends always refer to it as a classic. It hit just when we were in Jr. High and being in the Inter-mountain West, us all being athletes....there were many "Wolverines!!!" yells in our late night running the neighborhood fun.... I still remember the movie fondly and will watch the new one, probably with those same guys, we'll make a day of it.....
[Reply]
E.J. 04:47 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper?
Great little cheeseball.
Woke up at 4:00 AM on Monday and couldn't fall back asleep, got up, made coffee and watched about an hour of "They Live".....:-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:25 PM 11-03-2012
Are you serious??
If so that is hilarious.
One thing about THEY LIVE is, that's all you have to watch of it. I am not sure if I remember whether or not
it peters off fast after that or not. I might have to dig it out tonight for tomorrow's viewing.
Still boycotting Goodell's NFL, so Sunday is always a movie marathon. I hope Goodell has to end up resigning.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:29 PM 11-03-2012
Serious as a heart attack....

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum." :-):-):-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:37 PM 11-03-2012
After just seeing a preview for Red Dawn (while watching the Ducks foortball game) my wife informed me that we will be seeing it...

She *loves* Chris Hemsworth....
[Reply]
Bax 05:38 PM 11-03-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Serious as a heart attack....

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum." :-):-):-)
Best one liner in movie history :-) Love that flick!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:47 AM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
But of course, then they go out and re-make THE THING just as bad as it could possible be.
The Thing wasn't a remake, Brad, it was a prequel. The last scene of the "new" one is the first scene of the old one. :-)
[Reply]
JohnRogers 08:54 AM 11-04-2012
Unfortunately movies just like automobiles are now made with Chinese sensibilities in mind. Someone forgot to mention that to the producers prior to shooting the film but yeah a successful North Korean invasion is science fiction.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:42 AM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The Thing wasn't a remake, Brad, it was a prequel. The last scene of the "new" one is the first scene of the old one. :-)
I've avoided the new one, thinking it was a remake. Guess I should watch it...... Or should I????
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:03 PM 11-04-2012
Red Dawn is a classic :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 02:15 PM 11-04-2012
Years ago when I was still in MI I saw something about making the movie. It was mostly filmed in Detroit. I thought they gave up on it since it took so long.
[Reply]
Catfish 02:30 PM 11-04-2012
I'm one of the people that will agree with the movie/ cigar analogy. If you like it, great. If not, don't judge me for liking it because I'm not judging you for disliking it.

I really liked the movie. Not a "watch it everytime I get a chance" like but I have it on DVD and every couple of years or so, will dig it out and watch it.

In comparison, many war movies have never won any big award yet THOUSANDS of DVD's of that movie are in discographies across the country.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:48 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I've avoided the new one, thinking it was a remake. Guess I should watch it...... Or should I????
If you have 99 cents for the rental and 90 minutes to kill (perfect cigar time), it was relatively entertaining, I liked the first one a lot, so it was interesting to see what went on before that one started.
[Reply]
T.G 04:53 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I'm one of the people that will agree with the movie/ cigar analogy. If you like it, great. If not, don't judge me for liking it because I'm not judging you for disliking it.
I'm sorry, I missed the post(s) in this thread where anyone who liked it was judged by those who don't think much of the movie. Would you care to point them out?

The discussion has been entirely about the movie and what defines them.

It's perfectly ok to say you didn't care for "such-and-such cigar" or even that you think it's junk (ref: Gurkha), even in a thread full of praise. Calling someone an idiot for smoking it, on the other hand, is not.

I believe Pnoon posted an analogy at one point in another thread relating to such which went something like: "Ref, bad call." is ok. "Ref, you're a blind moron, bad call." is not.
[Reply]
Catfish 05:09 PM 11-04-2012
I must have misunderstood. :-)

I saw the trailer for the remake a couple weeks ago. I was definitely not impressed but in the spirit of liking the old one, i'll at least watch the remake.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:11 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I must have misunderstood. :-)
Just a bit. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:47 PM 11-04-2012
I am still stuck with having to see the remake... :-)
[Reply]
jonharky 06:20 AM 11-05-2012
The only reason why I want to watch it is to see scenes that were filmed in Michigan one place was about 3 blocks from where I grew up in my Clemens Michigan and in Harper woods Michigan and that's it
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up