Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>DPG El Centurian
Blak Smyth 09:09 AM 05-08-2012
I was lucky enough to try a delicious El Centurian lancero this weekend as part of a lancero pass at the Cigarfest pre-herf (thanks to Theo Cincy).

I believe the lancero was only available in the discontinued lancero box:

Does anybody have any experience with the robusto sizes?
I couldn't find any reviews on here, just wondering peoples opinions on these cigars.
I am sure some of you more experienced smokers have had your hands on these gems, thoughts?

Review I found elsewhere
[Reply]
Mr B 10:31 AM 05-08-2012
I love them. I believe the entire line has been discontinued for years. They are usually pretty $$.
I believe them to be the most Cuban-esque NC out there.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:36 AM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Does anybody have any experience with the robusto sizes?
I couldn't find any reviews on here, just wondering peoples opinions on these cigars.
I am sure some of you more experienced smokers have had your hands on these gems, thoughts?

Review I found elsewhere
Quite possibly my favorite cigar....
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:38 AM 05-08-2012
I believe 2007 was the last year, I can't wait to smoke the robusto I have but if it is as good as I hear, it will be bitter sweet since I can't get more. What do you do in a situation such as this? Special occasion cigar?
[Reply]
Taki 10:43 AM 05-08-2012
Definitely was a great smoke!!! I was floored when Theo decided to break one out the other day!!
[Reply]
Remo 11:11 AM 05-08-2012
I have one Robusto in the humi. need to smoke it I guess :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:22 AM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
I have one Robusto in the humi. need to smoke it I guess :-)
Smoke it and be the first to review it here! :-)
I may do the same.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:19 PM 05-08-2012
I read a few rumors that the Centurian is the same blend as the My Father Special S (the one with the large S, not the small S). Anybody know anything about this? from the information I can find it looks like the big S might be given out at Pepin events and the small s given out with box purchases from vendors?!? I purchased a bunch of stuff from Famous once and they gave me a 3 pack of the small s.

Large S:
Small S:

Both side by side:
[Reply]
Louistogies 02:47 PM 05-08-2012
I bought a box of the robustos like a year ago. Great smoke. They have aged very well.
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:49 PM 05-08-2012
Never save a cigar Shane,you may never get to smoke it :-)
[Reply]
Remo 03:53 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Never save a cigar Shane,you may never get to smoke it :-)
Now that is some good insight :-)
[Reply]
Digs 03:57 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
I believe them to be the most Cuban-esque NC out there.
Your right, I was amazed at how much like a cc it was. Just amazing!
[Reply]
Digs 04:00 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Now that is some good insight :-)
Words of Wisdom indeed :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:12 PM 05-08-2012
Cuban-esque??? Then this one is not for me.
[Reply]
maninblack 04:46 PM 05-08-2012
Mac-the maduro whore for life. :-)
[Reply]
lilninjabuddy 04:48 PM 05-08-2012
I've never even heard of this cigar!
[Reply]
papichulo 08:10 PM 05-09-2012
From what I know the Ss are not in distro and are for handouts from the reps. A great smoke. I had one 7 months ago-awesome.
[Reply]
kuzi16 09:20 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I read a few rumors that the Centurian is the same blend as the My Father Special S (the one with the large S, not the small S). Anybody know anything about this? from the information I can find it looks like the big S might be given out at Pepin events and the small s given out with box purchases from vendors?!? I purchased a bunch of stuff from Famous once and they gave me a 3 pack of the small s.

Large S:
Small S:

Both side by side:
i have read this as well. i believe it to be true. the original "big s" has an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper and the "small s" is a Nicaraguan Habano. the "Big s" is a similar blend to the El Centurion Guerrero where as the "small s" has a blend closer to the original My Father Blend.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 04:52 AM 05-10-2012
Well I have one of the smaller label version of the My Father S and an El Centurian Robusto, maybe I will smoke them back to back on Friday and see what I think.
[Reply]
E.J. 06:30 PM 05-10-2012
This thread stuck in my mind the last day or so, decided I'd smoke one tonight...in fact, smoking one as I type
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up