Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Jambands anyone?
shibby4781 04:35 PM 08-04-2012
So do we have any jamband fans locked up in here? I'm personally a big fan of moe. Just wanted to see if any BOTL were into this genre. I'm sure we have some old phish heads & dead heads out there!
[Reply]
pektel 06:23 PM 08-04-2012
Haven't seen moe live, but phish, umphrees McGee, big wu... Yeah. I'm a jam band fanatic. :-)

Must've seen 10 or so phish shows, about the same umphrees, and well over 60 big wu shows. They're my very best favorite lol.
[Reply]
pektel 06:24 PM 08-04-2012
Oh, and been into the festy scene for close to 15 years now.
[Reply]
chachee52 05:01 AM 08-05-2012
Haven't been to many concerts except Blues Traveler, I know that most think that they are not a Jam Band, but if you've ever seen them, they most certainly ARE a Jam Band.
also listen to Jam On on XMSirus alot as well. String Cheese Incedent always catches my ear.
[Reply]
shibby4781 04:04 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by chachee52:
Haven't been to many concerts except Blues Traveler, I know that most think that they are not a Jam Band, but if you've ever seen them, they most certainly ARE a Jam Band.
I saw them at moe.down back in 2005. They were really fun and, yes, very jammy!
[Reply]
Ismith75 04:25 PM 08-06-2012
Moe, STS9, Cheese, Umphrey's, Leftover Salmon, Phil Lesh, Biscuit's...you name it. Big bluegrass fan too :-)
[Reply]
shibby4781 04:41 PM 08-06-2012
Leftover Salmon is one of my favorites too! If you like bluegrass check out The Hackensaw Boys. They are really fun!
[Reply]
pektel 04:48 PM 08-06-2012
Phil Lesh killed it at rothbury a few years back.

This weekend I'm headed to a festival. Called the big wu family reunion. People used to come from all around the country for it. First time I heard umphrees and leftover salmon was at a reunion. This year big wu is headlining. Other bands include jones gang, Keller Williams, Jon Wayne and the pain, boys n the barrels, useful Jenkins, and some other awesome bluegrass bands. Oh, and keller is sitting in with the wu on friday. Dean mcgraw is sitting in with them on saturday. In fact, the bluegrass barn rocks until 4am every night. Then festival-scheduled bloody Mary's at 10:30 am.
[Reply]
Ismith75 04:54 PM 08-06-2012
Wu are great. Keller should be a fun addition, seen him sit in with Cheese and Moe.
[Reply]
shibby4781 06:20 PM 08-06-2012
Yeah Keller is a blast! If you got to see him with SCI that was a real treat. That festival sounds pretty cool. We are going to moe.down this weekend in Turin, NY. I haven't been to one in about 4 years. Stupid work! I'm really looking forward to going back.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 06:48 AM 08-07-2012
Phish Phan here. I got to see a few nights of the Summer leg this year. I also follow Panic as well.
[Reply]
skullnrose 07:14 AM 08-07-2012
Started seeing the dead in the mid 80's. Love anything Kimock, SCI, moe., panic. If you are into The Dead and didn't catch the webcast last Friday called Move Me Brightly it was an awesome tribute to Jerry and well worth checking out. They have been playing some of it on XM but you can see the video on yahoo music. Bob Weir hosted it at his Tri Studio which is beyond state of the art for audio and video.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:24 AM 08-07-2012
Pretty big fan of the Grateful Dead as well. Also enjoy Widespread Panic, Phish, Moe, Chicago's very own Umphrey's McGee, Wu, Disco Biscuits, ect.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:41 AM 08-07-2012
Though I'm a Grateful Dead fan, I've only been to four concerts in my life; none of them were The Dead. I get bored listening to the same tune for more than, say 20 minutes.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:46 AM 08-07-2012
I enjoy some Widespread Panic and Derek Trucks Band on occasion.

MCS
[Reply]
pektel 08:25 AM 08-07-2012
I can tolerate Widespread Panic. Though I did see them at the same Rothbury Festival as Phil and Friends, it was one of my least favorite performances. They did well, but it was too "spacey" for my tastes. Which is weird, because I don't mind the Phish jams. Could've been because I was stone cold sober too.

I missed that webcast, skullnrose, though I did see a lot of mention of it from facebook. The Grateful Garcia Gathering was all over it. The GGG is a music fest in Black River Falls, WI every year over Jerry's birthday. I still haven't had a chance to make it over there. Used to be a great venue, though I haven't been there since 02 (my first festival ever, the Big Wu Family Reunion V).
[Reply]
pektel 08:38 AM 08-07-2012
Ha, started in on youtube after thinking about that first fest. Here's a great Scarlet Begonias cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVYou...eature=related
[Reply]
pektel 12:51 PM 08-15-2012
And, the second night is up on archive.org for download/streaming. This whole performance was with Dean Magraw sitting in. Incredible stuff. I suggest checking it out, since it can be streamed too:

http://archive.org/details/bw2012-08-11

Oh, and "Canadian Driftwood" is supposed to be "Acadian Driftwood" lol. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 12:34 PM 08-16-2012
been to dozens of yonder mountain shows, love em
plenty of panic, and devil makes three shows too

havent been to a show since my son was born but my wife and I both enjoy live music
[Reply]
tenbaseg 08:38 AM 08-26-2012
Anyone going to see Trey's winter tour? I snagged a last minute ticket to his stop in Boston.
[Reply]
Up