Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The slide will turn into an avalanche shortly
MrClean 04:32 PM 02-20-2012
Mike, I decided on the cooler route after a lot of deliberation. The vino would look nicer, but we really don't have a place for it. The cooler I can put in my closet, we're getting ready to redo them and it should have a nice built in home when I'm done.
[Reply]
MrClean 03:05 PM 02-21-2012
Since the weather is not cooperating, I decided to wash the cooler out in the shower downstairs. It barely fits in the standard shower insert. :-)
Cooler prep by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr

Temporary resting place until my closet gets redone and I can build an insert for it. I know, I know, it's empty, no sticks in there yet just empties and beads while the hygrometer is calibrating. :-)
Cooler prep by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
[Reply]
Islayphile 03:29 PM 02-21-2012
Thanks for the update Jeff

That's a big sumbeotch
[Reply]
tengel78 04:42 PM 02-21-2012
Looking good. I'm sure it will be filled up soon.
[Reply]
MrClean 08:58 PM 02-25-2012
Okay, so it doesn't look much different than the last pic. But I have most of my cigars in there, still need to get a couple of empty boxes from the B&M next time I'm out there.
Going to call a lumber supplier in the next week or so to see what spanish cedar runs. It would probably be cheaper to just buy shelves from someone here, but I enjoy making things like that.
Coolidor by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr

I was amazed at how much faster the cooler recovers from having the door open for an extended amount of time. The RH was back to 65% in no time at all.
[Reply]
tengel78 09:01 PM 02-25-2012
Looking good Jeff. I would probably just buy the shelves and maybe a drawer from someone on here since the prices seem very reasonable.
[Reply]
Hem 11:46 PM 02-25-2012
Looking good!
[Reply]
MrClean 03:13 PM 03-16-2012
So, you'll probably wonder why I'm showing you pics of my old closet, it was an non functional POS basically.
Have a look for yourself.
Old closet - left by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
Old closet - center by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
Old closet - right by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
[Reply]
MrClean 03:15 PM 03-16-2012
I show you that, so I can show you this. But who really cares about a mans closet? The last picture should clear things up for you. :-)
New closet - left by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
New closet - center by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
New closet - right by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
Cooler home by Jeff Carroll01, on Flickr
[Reply]
markem 03:16 PM 03-16-2012
wimp

and this was before I filled it up. 2 boxes deep on each shelf and the singles drawer has about 500 in it now.

Let me know when the avalanche arrives.
[Reply]
MrClean 03:18 PM 03-16-2012
Not sure why the color looks so orange. It's actually called Brick Red, and is just that.
Time to get this laptop screen calibrated.
So I won't have any flooring down until we get new carpet in our room. But I'm very pleased with how it all turned out. Now, to see if I can cram all the crap that was in there, back in and keep it looking somewhat organized.
[Reply]
MrClean 03:19 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
wimp

and this was before I filled it up. 2 boxes deep on each shelf and the singles drawer has about 500 in it now.

Let me know when the avalanche arrives.
:-) the wife will keep me from getting to that point for quite some time. But that is a beautiful cabinet!
[Reply]
MrClean 09:21 PM 06-20-2013
So I was looking through this old thread that I started last April when I got my Marine cooler. Oh, how the times have changed. :-)

The bottom 4 boxes on the right are all various singles. The rest are full boxes.

You people are a bad influence, I hate you all. :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 09:00 PM 10-22-2013
New shelves and drawers from Forrest. They really fit perfectly in the cooler.

Not sure about the finally configuration of everything, but started the seasoning process.

It took 29, gallon zip-loc bags to pack up all this :-)

[Reply]
milhouse 09:53 AM 10-24-2013
looks good, did you think about raising the cooler so you have easier access to it?
[Reply]
MrClean 12:17 PM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by milhouse:
looks good, did you think about raising the cooler so you have easier access to it?
I did, but with the arrangement in my closet, decided to only use a minimal base for stability. The drawers will likely go close to the top for easy access, any boxes will be below and hopefully I'll keep my hands out of them. :-)
[Reply]
Veatorious 10:58 PM 10-24-2013
Simply awesome.
[Reply]
MrClean 10:52 AM 11-03-2013
After 10 days at 80% humidity, the shelves and drawers were ready. I was surprised, after seasoning, just touching the shelves, I could feel the difference in them. The dryness was gone and the smell, that much Spanish cedar....it's a truly awesome aroma!
Not sure I'll keep this configuration, but the drawers are pretty well full.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:25 AM 11-03-2013
looks good Jeff :-)
[Reply]
DirtRider500R 06:10 PM 11-17-2013
So, when are you buying the second cooler? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up