Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 3412 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread
issues 12:05 PM 09-08-2011
Couple of months old so the few spaces seen are now filled. :-)

[Reply]
pektel 12:36 PM 09-08-2011
I'd love to take a pic of my edgestar, but I've been waiting to hear back from Ed on a door. So right now it just keeps beer cold. :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:55 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:

The two Partagas boxes at the bottom are holding my Shilala beads.
I am digging the indian style picture taking!:-)

Very nice setup brother!!!

You to Tony, looks great!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 01:11 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I am digging the indian style picture taking!:-)

Very nice setup brother!!!

You to Tony, looks great!
Is that a Jersey I see you wearing?
[Reply]
issues 01:40 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by WittyUserName:
Is that a Jersey I see you wearing?
It almost looks like a Calgary Flames jersey.
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:56 PM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I'd be careful with the cat litter. I'm pretty sure it won't absorb and also release humidity if there is "extra" humidity in the air. Lots of threads here on humidity and proper care ie: beads, sheets, ect.
Nope, the Exquisicat litter he is referencing works just fine. Absorbs and releases moisture and maintains rock solid humidity.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:43 AM 09-10-2011
Sweet Wineadors!!!:-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 07:09 AM 09-10-2011
Foster that is way to empty, be careful now!!!

:-):-)
[Reply]
gbum 08:38 AM 09-10-2011
this thread make me :-):-)
[Reply]
Delgado 08:19 AM 09-14-2011
Hello folks. I just saw this thread the other day and have been looking at a lot of reviews for various wine coolers. This isn't a very expensive route (compared to regular coolers maybe but, compared to wooden boxes these aren't that much) BUT, the only problem that I'm having while reading these reviews is that a lot of people who have had these (the average seems to be about a year, some longer) is that they go bad, as in completely die out. So for those of you who've been using these for a while, what's your experience with this?
[Reply]
kydsid 08:42 AM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by Delgado:
Hello folks. I just saw this thread the other day and have been looking at a lot of reviews for various wine coolers. This isn't a very expensive route (compared to regular coolers maybe but, compared to wooden boxes these aren't that much) BUT, the only problem that I'm having while reading these reviews is that a lot of people who have had these (the average seems to be about a year, some longer) is that they go bad, as in completely die out. So for those of you who've been using these for a while, what's your experience with this?
3 yrs and counting on Edgestar 28 #1, 6months and counting on Edgestar 28 #2
[Reply]
shilala 10:15 AM 09-14-2011
Mine is a 38 bottle Frigadaire compressor-driven that I modded for cigars. It'll get down to around 40 degrees if I want, I keep it at 70.
The drawers are of oak and poplar and they run on standard drawer glides, just like kitchen drawers. The bottom is left open for my travel humidors and boxes. It's not as deep as the rest of the unit because that's where the compressor sits, so a drawer didn't make sense.
I sewed up special HCM bead bags that fit perfectly without interfering with the way I like to stack cigars in my drawers. The drawer liner shown is actually for the bottom of the unit. There's a couple pounds of beads in it, I suppose.
I made a few of these modded units along the way. I got rid of a couple because it was too much. I keep this one because it's my desktop. :-)

Winador...

Glides...

Fans...

Bead liner...

[Reply]
Skywalker 11:38 AM 09-14-2011
Sweet setup Scott!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
gbum 11:43 AM 09-14-2011
scott,what are the mods than you have done?
here,the compressor chiller is much more cheaper than a thermoelectric...huge different...
[Reply]
longknocker 11:55 AM 09-14-2011
Sweet Set-Up, Scott! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Drez 12:09 PM 09-14-2011
love the drawer of beads scott :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 12:15 PM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by issues:
It almost looks like a Calgary Flames jersey.
Sweet setup Tony and yes it's a Flames jersey. Next time I'll wear my Wings jersey and fight myself :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:36 PM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by gbum:
scott,what are the mods than you have done?
here,the compressor chiller is much more cheaper than a thermoelectric...huge different...
You're lookin at it, brother. I powered an ac adapter off the mains to drive the fans, they run 24/7. They are angled in such a fashion to dry the back of the unit which acts as the evaporator.
When I built the drawers I kept them short enough to allow airspace all behind them, then beneath them, so the air flows all around the unit. The drawers are open gapped on the sides to allow airflow.
It's all real simple, no rocket surgery whatsoever.
[Reply]
longknocker 12:48 PM 09-14-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
You're lookin at it, brother. I powered an ac adapter off the mains to drive the fans, they run 24/7. They are angled in such a fashion to dry the back of the unit which acts as the evaporator.
When I built the drawers I kept them short enough to allow airspace all behind them, then beneath them, so the air flows all around the unit. The drawers are open gapped on the sides to allow airflow.
It's all real simple, no rocket surgery whatsoever.
You Did It "Right", Brother!:-) :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 01:00 PM 09-14-2011
Nice looking Wineadors everyone......one of these days.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up