Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Let the Wineador Project Begin
rwiiames 02:17 PM 05-21-2015
I just bought a Whynter 20-Bottle Wine Cooler from some guy who said he and his wife got it as an anniversary present for $100, and they don't drink wine! He had it plugged in and running when I got there, and it was at 54 degrees. The spec sheet says it is adjustable from 46-65, so I think I'll be in great shape once I get some shelves and drawers in it.

I started my journey in January with a 40-count humidor, and so far I have 25 sticks in it and I'm miserable every time I look in it. It's such a disorganized mess. Plus I keep getting offered such great deals from CI and others, I can't justify buying my sticks one at a time from the B&M. I have to do something.

Unfortunately, this comes on the day before I start my vacation, and for vacation I'm ripping out the kitchen cabinets and installing new ones. I'm doing the work myself because the contractor wanted nearly four times the cost of the cabinets to do the removal and install. I assured my wife that I could handle the carpentry. For now the future wineador sits in the basement under the security of an old comforter. Hopefully I'll have the kitchen done by Wednesday and then I can start planning a permanent home for my wineador.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:32 PM 05-21-2015
Congratulations on your wine-cooler find and good luck on your remodel!
[Reply]
Ogre 03:06 PM 05-21-2015
Sounds like a fun project
[Reply]
stevef2005 08:02 PM 05-21-2015
I cannot wait to see the pictures when you got it all done!!!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:19 PM 05-21-2015
:-)

We're visual folk; we like purty pictures! :-)
[Reply]
rwiiames 10:09 AM 05-22-2015
Here you go, James, I tried to post pics here and it didn't work, so I created an album called ...... Drumroll, please ........ Wineador. Put up a couple pics with it hiding in an undisclosed location.

As for the details, it's a 20 Bottle Whynter, WC201-TD and I paid $100 for it. I checked online and found prices from $192 - $229, so I think I did ok. As I said it was running and the light works. The inside is pristine and has very little odor, and there's only a little dust and a couple of scratches on the outside. I'll have more details as things progress. Once I get the kitchen done, I'll figure out where it's going to go and order some trays and beads.
[Reply]
Up