Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for humidor cabinet
NETbilling.com 12:14 AM 03-18-2015
Hi All,

Nice board here! I am looking for a nice humidor in the $1000-$3000 range. I was told to look at Aristocrat and like what I see but don't want to wait 12 weeks for one. Are there any for sale used on this board or can you recommend other brands that are as good on the quality side as Aristocrat that I should look at without the long lead time?

Thanks, Mitch
[Reply]
pnoon 10:14 AM 03-18-2015
Access to the Want To Buy & Want To Sell sub-forums require some time and participation here.

If your budget is $1000-$3000, I would say be patient and go with an Aristocrat.
I own one (as well as many others here) and am completely satisfied with the quality and craftsmanship.
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:45 AM 03-18-2015
Just to add what Peter said: if you are in immediate need of a humidor I would pick up a 100qt - 150qt cooler (Coleman, Igloo, etc.) and use that until your Aristocrat arrives.
[Reply]
heyferg 06:36 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Just to add what Peter said: if you are in immediate need of a humidor I would pick up a 100qt - 150qt cooler (Coleman, Igloo, etc.) and use that until your Aristocrat arrives.

I was in a similar spot last year. I was trying to justify the expense of buying a new Aristocrat, so I set up a "coolidor" in the mean time. A couple of weeks later I friend hooked me up with a used Aristocrat. Best humidor I've ever had. Well worth the money. :-)

The biggest problem now is resisting the urge to jump in on every group buy and fill it up!
[Reply]
NETbilling.com 12:34 AM 03-19-2015
Thanks everyone for the advice.

These look amazing and super high end....

http://vigilantinc.com/cigar-humidors/index.php

Any feedback and any other brands I should consider?

Anyone around here selling a used Aristocrat?

Thanks, Mitch
[Reply]
icehog3 12:58 AM 03-19-2015
Hi Mitch,

Access to the Want To Buy & Want To Sell sub-forums require some time and participation here.

I have owned an Aristocrat for about 8 years and couldn't be happier with it. If I was going to spend thousands, I would go with the best, and that's Aristocrat IMHO.
[Reply]
shilala 09:44 AM 03-19-2015
Watch Craigslist for an Aristo. I've seen them go for less than 1/3rd of what they were new.
You might have to pick up and drive a little, but a guy should be willing to drive lots of miles to save thousands of dollars, right?
[Reply]
heyferg 03:47 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
Watch Craigslist for an Aristo. I've seen them go for less than 1/3rd of what they were new.
You might have to pick up and drive a little, but a guy should be willing to drive lots of miles to save thousands of dollars, right?
This is true… in my case I had to drive 40 miles to pick it up, but is was 1/2 the price of a new one. I've had it for about 9 months and it works like a charm.

:-)
[Reply]
NETbilling.com 10:31 PM 04-09-2015
Hi,

Thanks for all of the advice.*Aristocrat had a black walnut MXT cabinet in stock as a customer changed their mind I guess so I got that one delivered today as it was the exact wood color I wanted. It is beautiful! I will let it get humid for a few days and then load it with the one box and 200 singles that I have. It holds 100 boxes. lol

I will make another thread and ask for cigar buying suggestions.

Here are a couple of pics...

Thanks, Mitch
[Reply]
heyferg 10:47 PM 04-09-2015
Nice! Congrats!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:26 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by NETbilling.com:
Hi,

Thanks for all of the advice.*Aristocrat had a black walnut MXT cabinet in stock as a customer changed their mind I guess so I got that one delivered today as it was the exact wood color I wanted. It is beautiful! I will let it get humid for a few days and then load it with the one box and 200 singles that I have. It holds 100 boxes. lol

I will make another thread and ask for cigar buying suggestions.

Here are a couple of pics...

Thanks, Mitch
I would recommend much more than a few days -- that's a lot of wood. I would go by your hygrometer rather than a timeframe -- when empty (and no humidification device) your seasoned humidor should hold a steady RH for 24-48 hours. You are likely looking at least a week or two. Just my :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 07:19 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would recommend much more than a few days -- that's a lot of wood. I would go by your hygrometer rather than a timeframe -- when empty (and no humidification device) your seasoned humidor should hold a steady RH for 24-48 hours. You are likely looking at least a week or two. Just my :-)
This

And congrats on the beautiful piece
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:31 PM 04-10-2015
Great piece, love the black walnut that's what I ordered for mine, you'll have many years of enjoyment just looking at it. :-)
[Reply]
dijit 08:09 AM 04-11-2015
WOW! I cant wait till I grow up and can have one like that. Seriously I really like that humi especially in the dark walnut!
[Reply]
goatfarmer 03:50 PM 04-30-2015
After purchasing a couple table tops humidors, beads, and an assortment of containers in an effort to provide an ideal environment for my cigars I finally purchased a Vigilant Humidor, this was at least 30 plus ago and I have never had an issue; occasionally change the filter, rarely if ever have to adjust the humidity and when water level indicator light comes-on I add additional distilled water, most importantly I can still go to Vigilant website and purchase accessories. Purchased an end table Guardian 1000, no glass with storage space and drawer inside the humidor. Goes with out saying, large purchase but maintenance free; out of site, out of mind!!.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 04:28 PM 04-30-2015
Sorry, attempted to prior edit thread but apparently I exceeded the allotted amount of time, if anything can be gain from my previous post is that if the Aristocrat did not come with a humidification system may want to check out Vigilant. Certainly a good choice, I like the dark color with not glass, certainly offers tremendous amount of storage for your cigars.
[Reply]
Up