Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Finding the correct cartridge, HELP!!!
s15driftking 07:03 PM 12-12-2008
So i was gifted (someone bombed my sorry A$$) with this cigar oasis.

I believe it is the model that came before the XL and several other newer styles.

Is there a specific cartridge i need to buy for this style Cigar oasis?

or are they all the same?

Finally, can someone link me to the correct cartridge? even the ones o nCbid?

thank you!
[Reply]
TXRebel 07:26 PM 12-12-2008
Shoot customer service an e-mail at Cigar Oasis.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:14 AM 12-14-2008
emailed with no response (typical)...

anyone?
[Reply]
SeanGAR 08:35 AM 12-14-2008
I removed the floral foam in mine and replaced it with super hydrating crystals. This allows you to remove the whole shebang if it gets moldy and it will also hold way more water than the foam. I removed the foam by running water through it and cutting the foam up with a spatula rather than cutting the top off which I have seen some people do. The super hydrating crystals have been discussed a lot, I bought mine at one of the crafts store. I would definitely recommend this for anybody with an old style foam oasis.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:55 AM 12-14-2008
can i get a link to these crystals?

how many do you use? hwere can i get them?
[Reply]
SeanGAR 09:44 AM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
can i get a link to these crystals?

how many do you use? hwere can i get them?
I think I bought mine elsewhere but can't find the link right now. They are the same as those sold below. 1/2 pound should be a lifetime supply.

I made a small scoop shaped thingie to get inside the hole of the oasis cartridge and poked and poked while water was running .. took 20 mins or so to get all the foam out. I added the crystals and hydrated them inside the cartridge ... the volume goes up by 10 X once hydrated so be careful. You need space inside to allow air flow across the top. Since the oasis regulates humidity, you only need to hydrate using distilled water not 50-50.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1283
[Reply]
shilala 10:34 AM 12-14-2008
If you'll send me your address, I'll send you some gel.
I have tons of it, I use it in my gardens and flower beds and hanging baskets. I always keep a drum on hand. :-)
Mine is a finer grain than Sean's link, it's a bit easier to work with. When hydrated the pieces are a little smaller than your pinky fingernail.
An ounce of this stuff makes a gallon of gel, so you'll want to go real easy with it. :-)
[Reply]
SeanGAR 10:43 AM 12-14-2008
Originally Posted by shilala:
I always keep a drum on hand. :-)
I was going to point out that you can also get it from diapers .. unused ones are best :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:48 PM 12-14-2008
hehe, i got two things at michaels crafts....

check em out, whatdya think? which ones should i go with?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...RODID=prd12221

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=fl0515

what ones do you guys suggest?
[Reply]
Silound 05:30 PM 12-14-2008
Your choice, they're the same thing, they just may be molded rather than crushed or grated.

I bought 2 lbs off eBay for about 8 bucks after shipping. Was more than enough to convert anything I wanted to gel crystals. Using PG solution from the B&M is enough to keep my cigars perfect.

I don't even bother with a hygrometer anymore because I've been using this setup for almost a year without problems. Not that I recommend this though...
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:44 PM 12-14-2008
thanks for the reply
[Reply]
Up