Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cutter issues....
abnCPT 09:24 PM 12-04-2008
Hey Everybody,

I've been sitting on this problem for a while and decided I wanted to see if I was the only one. Christmas 2006 I got 2 of the Savoy Stainless Steel Cutters (one from my mom and one from my wife-works for me!). They looked and felt solid like this site claims....I set one aside and used one so I'd have a reserve. Anyways, within a couple of months, one of the screws fell out and a month or so later, others fell out and it basically fell apart on me. I was kinda pissed, but I knew I had my "reserve". Within 3 weeks, the same thing happened to that one.

I know you can't expect the things to last forever, but for what they paid for the things ($40+), you DO expect them to not fall apart like some free cutter you get at a shop!!! Did anyone else have issues with these things? Or am I just smoking some seriously solid cigars??? :-)

(Here's a link with a pic of the cutter in question: http://www.vcigar.com/savoy-stainles...d728172939a198 )

I hope that I didn't break any guidelines here with this post! Thanks for the insight.

TJ (abnCPT!)
[Reply]
md4958 09:28 PM 12-04-2008
I would contact Savoy and tell them about your issues.

Then I would go out and buy yourself a Palio or Xikar... whichever you prefer. Both have lifetime guarantees.

Mark (co-owner of Palio) is a BOTL and a member of this Board... not sure if that makes any difference to you.

I have both, and since I got my Palio, i havent used my Xikar once.... I now keep it in my golf bag.
[Reply]
dunng 09:30 PM 12-04-2008
Call it quits and buy a Palio... :-)

Or try and put them back together but use Loctite on the screws... :-)
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:24 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:

Or try and put them back together but use Loctite on the screws... :-)
Clear nail polish tends to work as well.
[Reply]
M1903A1 10:36 PM 12-04-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
:-)
[Reply]
jbonnefsc 11:56 PM 12-05-2008
Palio,palio,palio. Sorry to hear about your cutters.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
abnCPT 06:45 PM 12-08-2008
hmmm looks like a Palio might have to be put on the Christmas list! And always glad to help out a fellow BOTL with a good product!
[Reply]
ucla695 07:21 PM 12-08-2008
That's ridiculous! It should last for a lot longer than that. Contact the company and see what they can do. I have a double guillotine Zino that has worked well for years. That said, I recently purchased a Palio from Mark as a back-up and it's all I use now. :-)
[Reply]
taltos 07:36 PM 12-08-2008
Savoy is connected with Ashton Distributors, Inc. Their website is ashtoncigar.com. At the bottom of the home page click on Savoy. I contacted them with a problem on an inexpensive Savoy humidor and they were quite helpful and made sure that I was happy. Hope that this information helps.
[Reply]
Up