Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio Cutters Acquired By Other Company
PeteSB75 06:17 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would still pursue this -- you don't have anything to lose, and you may end up with another good cutter.

I would at least give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Just my :-)
What I'm worried is they take my cutter and give me a crappy one in return. I'd rather keep the one I have, clean it myself and see if it works better and just buy a xikar for my next one.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:36 PM 12-17-2016
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
What I'm worried is they take my cutter and give me a crappy one in return. I'd rather keep the one I have, clean it myself and see if it works better and just buy a xikar for my next one.
A knife steel in you kitchen set works to sharpen a cutter. Do it gently though. Yes, cleaning it helps too, a little rubbing alcohol works wonders if there is oil build-up.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:14 AM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by markem:
The warranty has changed a bit. Looks like it needs to be returned for inspection first.

http://www.paliocutters.com/index.php/warranty/
:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:58 AM 12-18-2016
Wow that's really ****ed up.
[Reply]
HailTheBrownLeaf 11:25 AM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Wow that's really ****ed up.
Agreed.

Xikar all the way.

And I say this as someone whom has a Palio.
[Reply]
dijit 11:37 AM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by HailTheBrownLeaf:
Agreed.

Xikar all the way.

And I say this as someone whom has a Palio.
I have 2 Palios and 2 Xikars. Would swear by either one till the recent Palio changes.

I agree now Xikar all the way. My oldest Xikar I have had since before they made lighters. Way back when they were a knife company.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 06:57 PM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did you try going back to the place of purchase? They should replace it free of charge as far as I know.
It was through Cigar Mony... Which is gone now.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:05 PM 12-18-2016
I'll still use my original Palios as my go to, but I'm unlikely to buy another. :-)
[Reply]
Zane 08:17 AM 12-19-2016
I went through this exercise with them months ago. I returned 2 palio cutters in June 2015. Let's just say I didn't get anything back until May 2016. And I had to pay for them to "inspect them" And they 100% sent me back the new "Chinese" version of the cutters. While I haven't had issues with the new cutters it's still frustrating.
[Reply]
drjammer 08:30 AM 12-19-2016
I'll still use my original Palios as my go to, but I'm unlikely to buy another. :-)
I'm with you Tom!
[Reply]
markem 08:46 AM 12-19-2016
I stocked up while Marc still had the company. They should last me 3-4 lifetimes.
[Reply]
T.G 09:00 AM 12-19-2016
Since my Palio (an original A&C model) was a gift from Slim, I've taken to carying the Moretti Profile cutter when I fly for fear that I might lose the palio.

I've found them to be quite comparable, not as sturdy, but about the same size, they work the same and the ones I bought have very good / sharp edges. I also have a Xikar Xi8 which is also good and operates on the same principle, but is kind of bulky.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:29 PM 08-27-2017
I just wanted to update my review from December. I brought one of the imported Palios to the Saratoga Race Track for a week. We cut about a dozen cigars. Now the two blades are heavily dinged up and jagged.:-) Get a Xikar.:-)
[Reply]
Doctorossi 07:17 AM 08-28-2017
Sadly, this is the way forward for me, too.
[Reply]
Alpedhuez55 11:48 AM 08-28-2017
I just won a Palio Cutter with the Kentucky Fire Cured on Cigar Bid for $7 last night. I have used the American ones before but never owned them. My Zikar started to stick. I was going to send it back, but ended up losing it. The palio will probably be a back up.

I ended up getting a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter Large Ring in stainless steel a few months back. It is solid, heavy and takes just a sliver off the foot.

[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 08:16 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by Alpedhuez55:
It is solid, heavy and takes just a sliver off the foot.
Never needed to cut a foot of a cigar...Shaggy's and closed foot cigars I usually just light and let it correct themselves.

I assume you mean head though :-)
[Reply]
hikari 10:17 AM 06-26-2020
Wow I love my palio's
Think I got mine before their official release. Ie pre-order/Kickstarter

Wow shocking to think they're made in china now. Mine is still holding strong.
[Reply]
markem 10:33 AM 06-26-2020
I talk to Marc Aub frequently. He isn't sad about selling the company.
[Reply]
hikari 05:05 PM 06-26-2020
So pretty much what you guys are saying is that "Quality Importers" is a monopoly in the Cigar accessory industry.

What american made companies are left?
[Reply]
Weelok 08:43 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by hikari:
So pretty much what you guys are saying is that "Quality Importers" is a monopoly in the Cigar accessory industry.

What american made companies are left?
A few micro breweries hah
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up