Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 37 of 138
« First < 27353637 38394787137 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Ogre 12:48 PM 07-11-2010
I have found that putting them in an igloo cooler helps. It stays cooler than the air around it in my house.
[Reply]
waffle 01:01 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I have found that putting them in an igloo cooler helps. It stays cooler than the air around it in my house.
I have a spare cooler (no I'm not turning it into a coolidor) but its not being used right now, so I think I'll grab some freezer packs and throw them in there with the humidors to keep the heat down. THey are also in the basement and this is how hot our house is... its 76 in the basement in the back away from windows and in the coolest part... oh well, it'll get fixed sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:05 PM 07-11-2010
I wouldnt worry about the freezer packs. the basement should be cool enough by itself.
[Reply]
Chris. 01:17 PM 07-11-2010
I saw check out the EP carrillo line. LFD is also very good if you like a strong cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:53 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by mahtofire:
Not really a noob questions but I've been away from the forums and the industry for a couple years now....what have I missed that I need to try?
Nubs. :-)
[Reply]
Chris. 04:43 PM 07-11-2010
The only nub I really liked was the Maduro. I haven't tried the Cain nub yet though...
[Reply]
pnoon 05:38 PM 07-11-2010
Nice review.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:39 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
The only nub I really liked was the Maduro. I haven't tried the Cain nub yet though...
The only Nub I ever liked hasn't been rolled yet. :-)
[Reply]
Pass 06:10 PM 07-11-2010
Not really a noob questions but I've been away from the forums and the industry for a couple years now....what have I missed that I need to try?
Both Diesel Unholy Coctail and the Man O' War are good. I believe that they are both AJ Fernandez blends. I haven't tried the Man O' War Ruination yet, (still in the humi), but I hear it's better than the Man O' War which was tasty.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:35 PM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by Pass:
Both Diesel Unholy Coctail and the Man O' War are good. I believe that they are both AJ Fernandez blends. I haven't tried the Man O' War Ruination yet, (still in the humi), but I hear it's better than the Man O' War which was tasty.
Correct, both by Fernandez. The MOW LE Figurado is nice too, it's the MOW blend in the Ruination wrapper.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mahtofire 11:35 PM 07-11-2010
Also, how do I find peoples' addresses if I want to bomb someone, and where can I put mine in case anyone wants to bomb me?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:47 PM 07-11-2010
Also, how do I find peoples' addresses if I want to bomb someone, and where can I put mine in case anyone wants to bomb me?
PM your address to pnoon (Peter) to be put in the Rolodex.

Looks like you need to meet one more requirement to request addresses though.

Originally Posted by :
2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/participation in trade (trader rating)

[Reply]
T.G 11:48 PM 07-11-2010
Everything regarding your question should be covered in these two threads:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22634
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22394
[Reply]
mahtofire 07:28 AM 07-12-2010
Gotcha, Thanks guys!
[Reply]
Samsquanch 05:45 PM 07-12-2010
Is there a posting on here that outlines a good cigar review process? Perhaps a primer on how to review a cigar? I've looked around and searched but haven't come across anything, thanks.
[Reply]
kydsid 05:50 PM 07-12-2010
Originally Posted by andpeo23:
Is there a posting on here that outlines a good cigar review process? Perhaps a primer on how to review a cigar? I've looked around and searched but haven't come across anything, thanks.
No there isn't. But if you look at a bunch of reviews you will see common trends/fads among them all. There really is no right or wrong way to share your thoughts. Just the fact that you are willing to spend your time to contribute is all that matters. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:51 PM 07-12-2010
:-)

There is no uniform way. Just tell us what you think of the cigar and maybe some of the flavors you get out of them. If you see a review that is structured the way you like, I see no reason you can't copy that basic outline.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:53 PM 07-12-2010
Reviews can be as simple as you like or as toned down as you feel is appropriate. Pictures are always nice, for those who don't like reading. Pretty much just boils down to 'Liked it' and 'Didn't like it' (atleast thats how I score mine). If the review sucks, no worries, we will just all taunt you in a public forum for all to see. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:01 PM 07-12-2010
I'm with everyone else. Just keep it basic. Flavors, burn, draw, ect..
[Reply]
Chris. 06:04 PM 07-12-2010
I agree with everyone else. Everyone loves to see pictures in a review, but they aren't necessary. Most give their thought on the construction: what kind of cap, how well was it applied, are there any soft spots, how tightly packed does it feel, is the foot cut cleanly? How vieny is the wrapper? What shade is it? Then people tend to move on to the prelight draw and any flavors they may or may not taste from that. From there you go from 1/3 to 2/3 to 3/3 in terms of what portion of the cigar you are describing, as they typically change around those times. People tend to describe the burn, if it was razor sharp, if it was jagged, if it needed relights/touchups etc. Then offer up your final thoughts on the cigar. Did it appeal to your palate? Do you think you would buy it again?

I love seeing reviews! Post them up brother!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 138
« First < 27353637 38394787137 > Last »
Up