Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>More new Tats (House Blends).
pinotguy 04:07 PM 08-28-2010
I know we just got a lot more new Tats a couple of weeks ago at IPCPR but here are a couple of other things Pete has on the way:

First is a House Blend for Holts called the "Holts Cabinet Selection". Three sizes - Robusto, Torpedo, and Toro. Supposed to be very full-bodied. I ordered a few singles and hope to have them sometime next week.

The other stick apparently won't be released until around the 4th of July, 2011. It's called the M-80 and is being made for the Two Guys B&M. It is the same size and shape as the DPG Blue Firecracker but in the T110 blend. (I might have my facts wrong on the blend, so please correct me if this is the case.) I'd post a pic but I'm a technological idiot. While somewhat gimmicky, this is one of the rare Tats I'll try and track down when it becomes available.
[Reply]
stitch 04:44 PM 08-28-2010
Just what the world needs ... A $12. a stick house blend ...
Sorry, But Pete's a Pirate.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:46 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by stitch:
Just what the world needs ... A $12. a stick house blend ...
Sorry, But Pete's a Pirate.
:-) Yes he is...and a marketing genius!!
[Reply]
Darrell 05:31 PM 08-28-2010
A $12 house blend? I'll pay $12 for a normal Tat before I pay for a house blend.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:32 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
A $12 house blend? I'll pay $12 for a normal Tat before I pay for a house blend.
:-) Unless it's a Hirsh Y Garcia. The best house blend ever, imo.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:45 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
:-) Unless it's a Hirsh Y Garcia. The best house blend ever, imo.
:-):-) I only had two of them... but dang they were tasty!!
[Reply]
pinotguy 06:22 PM 08-28-2010
Be easy, guys. The HCS sticks are pretty reasonable - $8.00 and under.

Not sure about the M-80 yet. Probably won't know until next year some time.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 06:54 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I'm surprised you haven't talked to Pete about a house blend for West Coast...
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:42 PM 08-30-2010
The M-80 sounds cool, just because. I have a Pepin Firecracker in my humi and have smoked one. Would be cool if somebody new did this shape ever year.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 01:07 PM 08-30-2010
If the stick's a great one, $12 is a bargain.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 01:26 PM 08-30-2010
The Holt's stick is $142/$160 per box. Not that bad if it's a good stick:

http://www.holts.com/category.html?i...9&trail=201274

MCS
[Reply]
pinotguy 08:54 PM 08-30-2010
Pete chimed in on these and, apparently, these have a Verocu-type blend and a similarly colored wrapper to the Havana VI. These come box-pressed and the production on the OR is fairly good ~ 500 boxes (20-ct.) for each size.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 11:16 PM 08-31-2010
Originally Posted by pinotguy:
Pete chimed in on these and, apparently, these have a Verocu-type blend and a similarly colored wrapper to the Havana VI. These come box-pressed and the production on the OR is fairly good ~ 500 boxes (20-ct.) for each size.
When I asked him, we said these were going to be a regular production cigar for Holts.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:45 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
When I asked him, we said these were going to be a regular production cigar for Holts.
Nope, 500 boxes of each vitola.

Here is what he said:

Originally Posted by :
Total of 500 boxes of each were made of the 3 sizes. I actually regret giving them the exclusive on this. HCS actually means two things. Havana Cellars Signature and Holts Cigar Selection. It's like a Verocu style blend with a Havana VI color wrapper and box pressed.

They will have them for a little while. I want to release the line in full production without the Holts logo on the box of course but it will be a while before I do.

[Reply]
Up