Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Question
Starz26 08:35 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by JJG:
I was surprised to see on their website that there are zero retailers in Houston!

There is one shop listed in Sugarland, which is only 30min away. but as popular as Viaje has become, I can't believe there aren't more places carrying them in such a large city. :-)
That is because Viaje is popular and well known with the online crowd. The local B&M crowd probably / typically does not even know about them.....
[Reply]
RHNewfie 08:38 AM 08-24-2010
I grabbed one from a box at a shop in Toledo, don't even know what it is but it was the lowest price!
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:09 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
I haven't tried them but if they get your seal of approval... well and big Cle's I think I'm gonna ride over there and check them out.
Pat is Cle on here?:-) How you doing Buddy?
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:12 AM 08-24-2010
Albert if you've found a shop that carries them locally good luck..
A friend of mine (not tim) who went to IPCPR said he spoke w/
Andre regarding the fact that none of the 90 (cigar shops/retailers)
in Atlanta even carry them....
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:18 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Albert if you've found a shop that carries them locally good luck..
A friend of mine (not tim) who went to IPCPR said he spoke w/
Andre regarding the fact that none of the 90 (cigar shops/retailers)
in Atlanta even carry them....
Well damn, website states two in the metro area I'll call and see.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:41 AM 08-24-2010
New Havana sells them.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:59 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
New Havana sells them.
Maybe you can ease my fears but aren't they responsible for the domestic 'letter'?
[Reply]
elderboy02 10:18 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Maybe you can ease my fears but aren't they responsible for the domestic 'letter'?
I don't know. I pay tax anyways since I live in OH and they are based up in Columbus.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 10:19 AM 08-24-2010
If you're talking about the excise tax letter, blame that on the states that require it, not the retailer. The retailer merely follows whatever it needs to in order to continue business with the occupants of that state.
[Reply]
Eleven 10:41 AM 08-24-2010
Are these pronounced 'Vee Aye Hey'?
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:42 AM 08-24-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I don't know. I pay tax anyways since I live in OH and they are based up in Columbus.
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
If you're talking about the excise tax letter, blame that on the states that require it, not the retailer. The retailer merely follows whatever it needs to in order to continue business with the occupants of that state.
I am not blaming anyone, I was just curious. I have no issue paying taxes just like to have all the info up front, I don't like surprise tax bills. Somehow its always cheaper to pay taxes up front than when they get assessed after the fact.

I saw some good looking samplers on NHC so I'll order there. The only other online options seemed to only have full boxes available.
[Reply]
darkleeroy 10:51 AM 08-24-2010
I am not blaming anyone, I was just curious. I have no issue paying taxes just like to have all the info up front, I don't like surprise tax bills. Somehow its always cheaper to pay taxes up front than when they get assessed after the fact.

I saw some good looking samplers on NHC so I'll order there. The only other online options seemed to only have full boxes available.
I get you, I'm pretty sure that no one appreciates surprise tax bills. Sometimes post facto taxes are more expensive because they deal with retail cost as opposed to wholesale cost. Although, I just noticed that they're (Viaje) pretty sparse with the Miami B&M's too, which makes for a very sad panda.
[Reply]
whodeeni 01:42 PM 08-24-2010
Actually... The state turned over those records Albert. From
what I understand, and I didn't get this directly from Dan because
I wasn't aware of this the last time that I spoke to him, but
He didn't report anything.... The state of ohio did...

i think there may be a workaround, but i'm not posting it in this
venue... u know how to reach me bro...
[Reply]
TXRebel 11:36 AM 08-25-2010
The only other online options seemed to only have full boxes available.
FYI Fuller's sells singles and 5ers.
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:48 PM 08-25-2010
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
FYI Fuller's sells singles and 5ers.
Thanks for the link, I hve never seen this vendor before. They stock Esencia as well :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up