Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 279 of 285
« First < 179229269277278279 280281 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>I had a great cigar today thanks to......
icehog3 03:50 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Oh wow I actually just smoked on of those earlier today, haha what a coincidence!

I have to agree, I'd read some lackluster reviews on a lot of Habanos' Anejados lines, but I quite enjoyed the Partagas Coronas Gordas as well! First half was good, but the last 1/2 was especially great.
I've been through a few boxes, and I really liked them right from the start. Not sure I buy the "Anejado story", but I don't care since I dig 'em. One thing I have noticed after smoking from several boxes, I like the light wrappered ones quite a bit better than the darker ones. No, Adam, it's not racist. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 05:57 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I've been through a few boxes, and I really liked them right from the start. Not sure I buy the "Anejado story", but I don't care since I dig 'em. One thing I have noticed after smoking from several boxes, I like the light wrappered ones quite a bit better than the darker ones. No, Adam, it's not racist. :-)
said every racist ever!! :-):-)....I like the Anejado line in general...
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:29 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
said every racist ever!! :-):-)....I like the Anejado line in general...
It's okay he has friends that smoke dark wrappers, so there's no *possible* way he could be racist. :-)

But okay yeah Tom I just looked at my box and while I don't have any others to compare them to, the wrappers look to be on the more lighter side - so it appears I might have lucked out!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:14 PM 03-21-2020
I'm happy you did. Michael! I hate dark wrappers!! :-)

I keed, I keed! I love all shades of leaf equally. :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:04 AM 03-26-2020
:-)

El Rey Del Mundo Toro - courtesy of RevSmoke/Todd! I'll admit this one is just a bit too much on the light side body-wise for my fancy, but made for a fine breakfast smoke. Lots of subtle flavors and complexities going on in this cigar, thanks Todd!!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:18 PM 03-26-2020
:-)

El Rey Del Mundo Toro - courtesy of RevSmoke/Todd! I'll admit this one is just a bit too much on the light side body-wise for my fancy, but made for a fine breakfast smoke. Lots of subtle flavors and complexities going on in this cigar, thanks Todd!!
My point exactly! Something more mild to start the day and you go heavier as your tastebuds need a bit more to taste. It is a contemplative cigar...one you need to ponder and enjoy!

Glad you liked it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:10 AM 04-12-2020
DennisP for a lovely LFDC Short Robusto RE Reino Unido
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:08 AM 04-13-2020

2015 Oliva Serie V Corona (or Petite Corona?) - I had been eyeing this one in the sampler RevSmoke sent, smoking absolutely beautifully...just what I'd expect from a Serie V but more intense flavor due to the vitola and 10 times smoother than some of the younger Serie V's I've had.

Thanks Todd for another great smoke!!
[Reply]
massphatness 06:49 PM 04-21-2020

60's Ramon Allones courtesy of GTS ... thanks Eric - it was amazing!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 11:12 AM 04-26-2020
Wow Vin that's really cool!

Another from RevSmoke -

2009 Litto Gomez - quite possibly the finest Dominican I have smoked to date...Rev/Todd described it as what an Opus X should be, and I couldn't agree more, absolutely spectacular...a cigar worthy of a review if my phone wasn't about to die, d'oh. Big thanks to Todd for this one, definitely my favorite out of his sampler so far.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:22 AM 04-28-2020
I couldn’t wait. Smoked this 601 Steel ROTT from the package gomeitsmybday sent my way. Right up my alley!!!

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:07 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
I couldn’t wait. Smoked this 601 Steel ROTT from the package gomeitsmybday sent my way. Right up my alley!!!

Really glad to hear that! I believe they've been coming out of AJs San Lotano factory since 2016 and while I haven't had the old DPG 601s, I'm really liking the new ones.

They seem to go under the radar, cigarauctioneer always seems to have plenty of 601 Steels at killer prices (I've seen below $3 a stick) and the last box I got was already a couple years old, so yeah I think it's become a new staple for me. :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:50 AM 05-01-2020

Partagas Serie P #2 - Back again but this time with one from Weelock! Acquired from our most recent trade, this is the first one out of that trade I've smoked and it's one heck of a cigar, slow burn & jam packed with flavor. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 04:00 PM 05-01-2020
Love those Partagas cigars. Glad you enjoyed that cigar as well.

Partagas Serie P #2 - Back again but this time with one from Weelock! Acquired from our most recent trade, this is the first one out of that trade I've smoked and it's one heck of a cigar, slow burn & jam packed with flavor. :-)

[Reply]
Weelok 05:33 PM 05-02-2020
From gomeitsmybday. I am working my way through the bomb he trashed me with and tried two cigars he recommended. As in all things, everyone’s tastes and desires are unique so one was a hit and the other good but a few things I OCD on that made it not as favorable to myself.

First up, Sinestro The Last Cowboy. Band is awesome, love the name, cigar foot is crazy and I had to look it up. It’s Candela wrapped around the foot. The cigar is strong on the mouth so that is full body for myself and quite a bit of pepper. This cigar had a lot of flavor but definitely dominated by the body. I found the strength to be full as well and smoked this corona for an hour and a half. This is a great cigar and I would definitely buy this cigar.

The Crook and Crown by Stolen Thrones had a lot of flavor and good strength but I got hung up on the Indonesian dry mouth finish. The Indonesian tobacco is pretty strong and adds some nice flavor balance but left my mouth parched even after a drink of beer. This cigar tastes great but I would pass on buying any however I did just get a petite robust in a sampler hah!!! I will be able to do a second opinion :-)

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:06 PM 05-02-2020
From gomeitsmybday. I am working my way through the bomb he trashed me with and tried two cigars he recommended. As in all things, everyone’s tastes and desires are unique so one was a hit and the other good but a few things I OCD on that made it not as favorable to myself.

First up, Sinestro The Last Cowboy. Band is awesome, love the name, cigar foot is crazy and I had to look it up. It’s Candela wrapped around the foot. The cigar is strong on the mouth so that is full body for myself and quite a bit of pepper. This cigar had a lot of flavor but definitely dominated by the body. I found the strength to be full as well and smoked this corona for an hour and a half. This is a great cigar and I would definitely buy this cigar.

The Crook and Crown by Stolen Thrones had a lot of flavor and good strength but I got hung up on the Indonesian dry mouth finish. The Indonesian tobacco is pretty strong and adds some nice flavor balance but left my mouth parched even after a drink of beer. This cigar tastes great but I would pass on buying any however I did just get a petite robust in a sampler hah!!! I will be able to do a second opinion :-)

I appreciate the fair and honest reviews, looking forward to smoking more out of your end of the sampler!
[Reply]
Snook 07:11 PM 05-02-2020

That Sinistro Last Cowboy is now on my must-try list. I would've passed it off as a gimmick cigar otherwise. Thanks for reviewing it.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:41 AM 05-03-2020

ERDM Dunhill Seleccion No. 98 from GTS21. So good -- I've heard ERDM described as the poor man's Davidoff, and this one fit that description perfectly. Thanks again, Eric.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:00 AM 05-03-2020
@ Snook if you like a strong, flavorfully spicy cigar then you absolutely need to try them, just make sure you get the Maduro version, as I believe the natural is less strong.

@ Vin another impressive cigar!!

Cigar Federation The Collective Toro - another from Weelock's sampler, this was a nice surprise! I read up on it before lighting, and it started off flavorful but maybe a bit lighter than expected, as the description says it's has Ligero in the blend. 1/3 the way in, the cigar ratcheted up in strength and I figured out where the Ligero was hiding! :-)
Very flavorful cigar, thanks to Weelock!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:27 AM 05-03-2020
*correction* that was Medio tiempo, not Ligero in that blend!
[Reply]
Page 279 of 285
« First < 179229269277278279 280281 > Last »
Up