Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>The Cigar That Changed It All
LPFerrante 03:30 PM 11-30-2019
I was around 24 and had been smoking Bering, Black & Mild. A high class smoke was Antonio y Cleopatra. A friend of my father gave me a D-4. That changed everything. He would periodically give me other cigars, like Davidoff's that were still cuban, pre-1991. That D-4 had these notes of cocoa. I never smoked an A&C again. Maybe all the sticks after that first D-4 have been an attempt to get that first flavor rush.

What is THE cigar that changed it for you.
Attached: D 4.jpg (103.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:03 PM 11-30-2019
I smoked cheapies until while on a deployment in 2011 I had a Cohiba (can't remember exactly which one, I think a Siglo II or III) and a Patron 1926 Maduro within days of each other, both gifted to me. Mind...blown.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:10 PM 11-30-2019
I've had several notable cigars through the years, but one that has stuck with me was a 90's Cohiba Coronas Especial that was gifted to me from a botl on the old forum. May have been from Tyr, but I can't remember. The wonderful floral notes were magical though. One of the best cigars I've ever had and have never had one like it since.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:29 PM 11-30-2019
I was gifted a Cohiba Grand Resrerva several years ago. All cigars I have had since are always compared to this cigar — some come close and some do not...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30653
[Reply]
borndead1 09:39 PM 11-30-2019
Arturo Fuente Exquisito. I had occasionally smoked cheapies before then, mainly AyC and Backwoods, but when I smoked that Exquisito, it was like a near death experience.

What's funny is that I no longer find the standard Fuente lines to be very great. Decent, but not great. Funny how your palate changes.
[Reply]
kingcobradude 03:48 AM 12-01-2019
My very first cigar was a factory reject bundle stick after a college buddy gifted me a couple. It was all downhill from there.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 06:53 AM 12-01-2019
LGC Wavell Maduro back when they were rolled only in Miami. I sure wish I had more.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Arturo Fuente Exquisito. I had occasionally smoked cheapies before then, mainly AyC and Backwoods, but when I smoked that Exquisito, it was like a near death experience.

What's funny is that I no longer find the standard Fuente lines to be very great. Decent, but not great. Funny how your palate changes.
You smoked Grenadiers too, huh Mark? I did about 15 years of those rockets.:-)

I think it was a Fuente that turned the tide to handmades for me too, and then a Bolivar Royal Corona showed me what the Island had to offer.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:18 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
LGC Wavell Maduro back when they were rolled only in Miami. I sure wish I had more.:-)
Recently said the same thing the other night, while my friends and I watched “Handrolled”.
[Reply]
Up