Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Coffee Discussion>New Manhattan Starbucks
markem 10:02 AM 12-22-2018
A friend of mine was the principle project manager for the new Starbucks that opened in Chelsea. The location is

61 9th Ave
Chelsea, Manhattan 10011

It is one of the new Reserve Roasteries that are supposed to be all about the experience. This is the first one in the US.

If you happen in and want to pass along any feedback, I'll see that it gets to her.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:24 PM 12-22-2018
Unlike their regular stores, these are actually worth visiting. Small correction, the NY is the second one in the US, fourth one in the world. Seattle has the first one.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:32 PM 12-22-2018
One thing I do actually really like is Starbucks Cold Brews and the Nitro Cold Brew is fantastic. I drink a lot of SB but those two drinks are the only two that I enjoy, the rest I just drink.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 AM 12-23-2018
Their cold brews are actually pretty darn good.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:04 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Their cold brews are actually pretty darn good.
It's almost like it isn't burnt at all!

Had "pour over" coffee in SF that I have to admit was pretty good, but waiting 10 minutes for a cup of coffee was a bit of a drag.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:38 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

Had "pour over" coffee in SF that I have to admit was pretty good, but waiting 10 minutes for a cup of coffee was a bit of a drag.
Doesn't have that burnt flavor that their normal coffee has, not sure why.

If you're at a Starbucks and want to have an espresso drink, try ordering it as ristretto instead of their regular beans. Much cleaner taste, I ordered all my coffee drinks that was at Starbucks my last few years on the job.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 07:37 PM 12-26-2018
I'm not a big Starbux fan, (La Colombe blows them away) but if I am in the area I will check it out.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:35 PM 12-30-2018
I’ve been meaning to go here! I saw it before it opened and got excited. The one they built in Italy is really cool too. I’ll make sure to take some pictures.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:25 AM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

I wasn't is SF, but the pour over was surprisingly good.
[Reply]
Up