Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Brick House Mighty Mighty Review
RRocket 07:13 PM 10-31-2010
Having already smoked and enjoyed a box the Brick House Robustos, I really wanted to give the Mighty Mighty a try, as I was always disappointed when the Robusto was done and left wishing it lasted a bit longer. This box cost me $96.

How's it look? The Mighty Mighty is large 6.25 x 60, so you'd better make some time if you're going to smoke this one! The appearance of the beautiful, slightly oily wrapper isn't silky smooth (slighty toothy), but it's not anywhere near rough or rustic. It's quite the cigar to behold. The band is is great and classic looking..one of my favorites.

How's it smoke? The draw is perfect. Not too lose or tight. These sticks are fairly packed with tobacco. It's lights and smokes very well indeed, with clouds of thick smoke. It smells like a cigar should, and people nearby commented on the aroma. Expect 2+ hours to smoke this one. (2:15 for me).

How's the taste? Like the other Brick Houses, it's not overly complex or a roller coaster of taste progressions. It has a delicious taste that seems different from other cigars I've had..quite unique to Brick House. It has a great tobacco taste, slighty woody, and nutty, and with some weak spiciness. The first third is surprisingly mild. But that's not to say it's not tasty. It's just not as powerful as I was expecting. The 2nd third, it does get stronger with some hints of leather. It's always smooth and pretty creamy. The main woody, nutty taste profile persists...and doesn't deviate too much from it. It just gets stronger as the cigar progresses. The final third is the best. The flavor ramps up a bit more, a teeny bit chewy at times. Overall just delicious to my palate.

Conclusion: You will not be overwhelmed by the power or be excited by alot of complexity. It's very steady..in a delicious way. It's just a great cigar that smokes very nicely that you wish would never end. A great cigar to have while watching a football game, talking to an old friend or just sitting outside enjoying the fall weather with a good cup of coffee. I wouldn't label it as an "everyday" type stick...it's a bit more special....but not as far as being a special occasion cigar. Just a really nice cigar to enjoy for a few hours.

[Reply]
kelmac07 07:18 PM 10-31-2010
Nice review...that thing looks like it was wiped down with baby oil. :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 09:38 PM 10-31-2010
Nice review. I absolutely agree with the flavor that's "quite unique to Brick House". Never had a cigar that tastes anything like it. I'll have to look for the Mighty Mighty's at my B&M, I've been smoking the churchills a lot of recent.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:44 PM 10-31-2010
Thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
docdoty 09:49 PM 10-31-2010
Great review. Ill have to give them a try
[Reply]
Nefari0us 10:25 PM 10-31-2010
Thanks for the great review!
[Reply]
Bill86 10:40 PM 10-31-2010
Nice review, I've been meaning to look into Brickhouse. Although I'd have to buy a punch or a V-cut to smoke that 60 ringer.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:08 AM 11-01-2010
Very nice review!!! Thank you!!!:-)

I love Brick House, but haven't had this vitola yet!!!

[Reply]
Subvet642 07:22 AM 11-01-2010
BH has been one of my favorites since I first tried one.
[Reply]
Up