you guys got a plan B?
[Reply]
TonySmith 06:40 PM 01-23-2011
Nice pass play
[Reply]
longknocker 06:41 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by TonySmith:
Nice pass play
At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!:-)
[Reply]
TonySmith 06:44 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!:-)
Yeah, It looks like Jets have made a few adjustments
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:09 PM 01-23-2011
I swear, the Jets clock management is as bad as the Bengals. I mean seriously, why waste so much time in the 2nd half?
[Reply]
shilala 09:58 PM 01-23-2011
Tough loss, guys. I gotta hand it to the Jets, they made it a game in the second half.
[Reply]
shilala 10:01 PM 01-23-2011
Originally Posted by qwerty1500:
They wanted to show off their defense for 27 minutes.
Lolzers. :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 10:52 PM 01-23-2011
The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! :-) If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

Poor game management.... Shotty has to go!!!!

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:10 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by ujponds:
That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.
[Reply]
ujponds 06:54 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.
Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:58 AM 01-24-2011
Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!
I agree with you on that. Phil Sims (who I can't stand, by the way) even said "I would call 2 running plays" and then Sanchez passes it on the 1st play :-) and then they run it when everyone is expecting them to on the 2nd play :-)
[Reply]
Tuxguy 07:21 AM 01-24-2011
what happened?????????????:-):-)
[Reply]
DBall 08:53 AM 01-24-2011
I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:07 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...
Because Rex Loves his Defense!

I think not going for the onside was the right call, especially with 3 TO's left.
If the D stops them your looking at getting the ball back with 2 min left.
Better off playing the field position game in that scenario.
[Reply]
Parshooter 09:59 AM 01-24-2011
Five bucks the Sanchez kid picks his nose.

Ten bucks he eats it.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:00 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Parshooter:

Ten bucks he eats it.
Who: Sanchez or his kid?
[Reply]
shilala 10:32 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by Parshooter:

Ten bucks he eats it.
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:49 AM 01-24-2011
The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! :-) If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit. :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 11:10 AM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game. :-)
I caught both of those. :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 12:19 PM 01-24-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit. :-)
Well said. I like the Steelers and love Tomlin, I think he is a level guy and it comes through in his coaching. I wish you luck in the big game, although I want Rodgers to win one and get out of Favre's shadow. Hopefully we can get a rematch next year.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 11192021 2223 >
Up