Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Petit Cazadore Reserva
SteveH 06:48 PM 04-25-2011
Gents,
Got this stick from Aaron through the n00b trade...It was in the mid-80s here today; so I couldn't wait to get home and hit up the smokin chair. On to the smoke:

Specifics

Vitola: Petit Corona
Length: 4
Ring Gauge: 40
Wrapper: Conn. Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Price: Free thanks to the n00b trade

Looks - Dark brown, solid construction, and a couple of small veins.
Prelight Aroma - Good tobaco, some molasses sweetness

First Third - SMOKE - and lots of it. Shocking amounts of of such a small stick ! Nearly perfect draw. Strong spice and pepper, no sweetness to speak of. Interestingly the aroma of the cigar at rest had sweetness and chocolate; but at this point I didn't find any while actually smoking it.

Second Third - Still lots and lots of smoke - amazing. The spice is still there, but fading as is the pepper...The cigar is turning into darker flavors of leather and dark malts, with a little bitter (in a good, beer way). Burn is very very even, although the ash only hangs around for about 3/4 of an inch. The draw did get tight around the 1/2 way mark; but it worked through quickly.

Last Third - Now the chocolate flavor comes out, along with some coffee and sweetness. Im really liking this cigar.

To the nub - Sweetness is gone, and dark chocolate ends this stick. Still quite aromatic and pleasant; I toothpicked this one

Wrap-up - Wow, one of the best cigars I've had yet. Aromatic and sweet at rest, and a real flavor powerhouse in your mouth. Burned excellent, didn't need any touch-ups. With the exception of the tight draw about 1/2 way through it was a perfect smoke.
[Reply]
Remo 06:50 PM 04-25-2011
Great review Steve, and nice pics. Thanks
[Reply]
longknocker 06:51 PM 04-25-2011
Great Review, Steve! One Of The Best Tats Out There, IMO!:-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:27 PM 04-25-2011
Great review as I am a Tat whore....thanks
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:49 AM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
Great review as I am a Tat whore....thanks
:-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 08:59 AM 04-26-2011
These are really tasty. Nice review and pics.
[Reply]
NeverEnoughStick 09:06 AM 04-26-2011
Always a winner! Great review and pics! Glad you enjoyed the stick.
[Reply]
kickerb 09:15 AM 04-26-2011
thanks for the review and pictures
[Reply]
BlindedByScience 11:21 AM 04-26-2011
Nice review of a smoke that is my absolute favorite in this size. These little guys are the bomb with a French Press in the AM, or anytime you want a "real" smoke and don't have time for something larger.

Tat's are good, but they really hit it out of the park with this one...!!...:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:43 PM 04-26-2011
Thank you for the review and photo's Steve. Of interest, earlier this afternoon I was down at my local B&M and picked up one of these and a Tat Havana VI Verocu #5 for a little comparison later on this week. Looking forward to burning both:-)
[Reply]
bscottskangum 10:51 PM 04-26-2011
Thanks for the review :-)
[Reply]
jwintosh 10:59 PM 04-26-2011
great review on a great stick!! thanks!!
[Reply]
SteveH 04:52 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Thank you for the review and photo's Steve. Of interest, earlier this afternoon I was down at my local B&M and picked up one of these and a Tat Havana VI Verocu #5 for a little comparison later on this week. Looking forward to burning both:-)
Nice - going to keep my eye out for this :-)
[Reply]
TBone 05:09 AM 04-27-2011
Great review and pics...thanks
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:35 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by SteveH:
Nice - going to keep my eye out for this :-)
Thanks for the encouragement Steve, but it will be for personal comparison as oppose to submitting a review here. Although, that's not a bad idea...

[Reply]
Up