Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2
Don Fernando 08:54 AM 10-06-2010
I recently smoked the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #1 and the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #3, today was the day that I decided to light the third La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial that recently hit the Dutch market and how surprising, this is the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2, a 4 ⅞x48 robusto. Just like the others, this La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2 is made from Nicaraguan tobacco with an Ecuadorian wrapper and it is the same cigar as the La Aroma de Cuba edicion especial, only with a different name for Europe. The price of this baby is € 6.00

The cigar looks good with the smooth light brown, oily and shiny wrapper with the silky feel. The construction feels good, although it is a little soft. The predraw is easy with a peppery aftertaste. The cigar doesn't have much of a smell.

I taste a spicy coffee flavor with some earth. The flavors are smooth. After a quarter of an inch I taste the earthy flavor, leather and some herbs, all mildly sweet. The flavors are sweet and medium bodied.

After a third I taste herbs and the cigar slowly gets stronger. I also taste some cinnamon. The flavors remain smooth and medium strong. I miss the expected Don Pepin Garcia pepper twang. After two thirds I taste wood with cinnamon, still smooth.

This cigar lasted me an hour and ten minutes. I got a lot of thick smoke. The ash is pepper and salt colored and firm. The draw and burn are good. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, this is a good late morning, early afternoon cigar.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 01:06 PM 10-06-2010
Thanks for the review. I will try some of these sometime down the line.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:28 PM 10-06-2010
Another fine review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
Up