Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Ursulo figurado
Don Fernando 10:49 AM 09-27-2010
A few years ago I got in touch with Don Ursulo from Costa Rica and he send me a sampler of his cigars to try. I smoked the c-blend sublime and the toro from the black series before and when I noticed this figurado on the bottom of my cooler I decided to light and review it too.

This 6¼ x 52 cigar has a nice shape. The smallest part of the cigar has a 34 ring and the thickest part is a ring 52. The cigar has a shiny and oily wrapper which is pretty dark and has a few veins. The construction feels good. The predraw was tough so I used my draw tool to get some air through the cigar. I taste tobacco with raisin and pepper. The cigar has a nice sweet peppery wood smell.

I taste some nuts and wood. The feeling in my mouth is dry. After an inch I also taste some chocolate, but that disappears quickly. The wood becomes a bit stronger than the nuts.

Halfway the nut flavor disappears completely except in the aftertaste where I can clearly taste walnuts and hazelnuts.

The smoke time is approximately two hours and fifteen minutes, but I tossed the cigar after two hours as 2 hours is long enough for a cigar. I had a hard time getting any draw but once the foot of the cigar was completely burned open the draw was fine. After about 90 minutes of smoking I cut another quarter of an inch of the foot as it was too wet with my saliva. The burn is great and I got a decent amount of smoke. The light colored ash is quite frayed but firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I believe this blend is no longer made, get them while you can!

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:15 PM 09-27-2010
Nice review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:27 PM 09-27-2010
Thanks for the review brother... I had never heard of that one before.
[Reply]
Up