Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>5 Vegas Miami knuckle
Don Fernando 10:34 AM 09-26-2010
About two years ago I bought a bundle of 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle's at Joe Cigar. I smoked a few, gave some away and found out that this was the last I had left so it was time for a review. The cellophane of this Don Pepin blended 4½x60 wannabe Nub already started to turn yellow.

The cigar looks rough with a shiny, oily wrapper full of veins and the nice chocolate brown color. The construction feels a bit hard but the predraw is good. I taste a spicy wood flavor but the cigar has an ammonia smell to it, like a barnyard that hasn't been cleaned in a while.

I taste a bitter and spicy coffee flavor. After a quarter of an inch the bitterness fades away and I can taste some earth and something toasty, but I couldn't tell what tasted toasty if my life depended on it. After almost an inch the flavors change to wood and a dry chocolate flavor.

Halfway I still taste the wood but now with a mild and sweet nut flavor. The chocolate has gone. I punched the cigar and that created a slight problem. The top layer of the triple cap came off during the smoking of the cigar, which made the cigar a little less enjoyable.

The smoke time of this cigar is about 80 minutes, which is quite long for a short cigar. I got a lot of smoke but the smoke was a bit thin. The light gray ash is quite firm. I had a little bit of a crooked burn. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I liked the blend, but this cigar is too thick.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:36 AM 09-26-2010
Nice review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]