Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Padron Delicias Maduro
Nickerson 01:25 PM 09-25-2010
Brand: Padron, Classic.
Size: Delicias, 4.9"x46.
Wrapper: Maduro.

This was the first cigar I reviewed using this new template system I developed. So bear with me here. :-)

Construction: 10/10

The construction, as with most Padron cigars, is flawless. Nice even shade maduro wrapper. This was my first really 'toothy' cigar, kind of cool and gives the cigar character. The wrapper was soft to the touch, often maduro's can be sort of hard and have higher tendencies to split at the cap when cutting. Cigar remained perfect after using a guillotine cutter.

Flavor: 23/25

I absolutely love the flavor profile of the cigar. It has such a rich and strong flavor to it for a medium bodied cigar. I'm not usually good at picking out specific flavors, but this definitely had strong flavors of mocha. The flavor picks up after the first inch and then you really get the rich chocolate and espresso taste to it with a gentle bit of spice on the lips. Was very flavorful and very smooth. Tasty from start to finish.

Draw: 9/10

The draw was excellent. There are few cigars I've had with better draw, and the only way to describe the draw on those would be effortless.

Burn: 7/10

I had to deduct a few points here. Though the burn issues weren't significant enough to effect the flavor of the cigar or require any major touch ups, it did start to burn uneven about an 1 1/2" into the cigar. Was about 3/4" difference between sides. A small touch with the lighter it eventually evened itself out.

Ash: 5/5

The ash was great. A very light shade of gray, almost as close to white as you can get. What else would you expect from a Padron? I generally ash every 1" to 1 1/2". Not once did it fall off on me before ashing.

Smoke: 5/5

No complaints here. Produced a good amount of smoke. Very pleasant aroma and thick clouds of smoke.

Impression: 33/35

I enjoyed this smoke from start to finish. Great flavor and flawless construction. Had to put it down before I suffered severe burns on my poor little fingers. Can't wait to have my next one. And at $4.00 a stick, you cannot go wrong.

Overall Rating: 92

Just what I would expect from a Padron, consistency and quality. I admit, it was a surprise how flavorful it was. It was much more flavorful than the one I had a week ago. I picked this one up a couple days ago at my local B&M, not sure how long they had it. The one I had last week I had for over a year.

And don't let the high rating fool you! I wouldn't rate most cigars I've had in the 90's. Maybe I'm a bit biased because of my love for Padron, or maybe the circumstances of the day just allowed me to taste this cigar very well. This has to be one of my all time favorite cigars.

I would definitely recommend this cigar to anyone.
[Reply]
Chingas 01:28 PM 09-25-2010
Great review Brother. Thank you.
[Reply]
Up