Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Lancero love
borndead1 09:32 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by oldforge:
Thanks for your reviews.

I just placed an order with the Serious folks.

Cigarpage had some Nicaraguan Overrun lanceros (maduro and habano) that were excellent--unfortunately they sold out quickly. Perhaps a prayer to the cigar gods will bring us some more...
Nice. I will keep an eye out for those.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:29 PM 02-05-2019
7-20-4 Maduro Lancero (7.5" x 38)

Nice looking wrapper, nice roll, good draw. The cedar sleeve has transferred its scent to the wrapper.

First few draws, there's a bread-like flavor I've never tasted in a cigar before.

Overall, fairly typical maduro flavors. Unsweetened cocoa on the draw, coconut and a bit of anise on the finish. Fuller side of medium "strength". Slow burn.

Nice smoke.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:01 PM 02-06-2019
Casa Fernandez Aniversario 2015 lancero (7.25" x 40)

Really beautiful cigar. Flawless wrapper. Easy cut and perfect draw.

More 'kick' than the toro sized Aniversario 2014. Really great flavors that linger on the palate between draws. Large smoke volume for the size. A few minor burn corrections.

A really fantastic cigar and definite box purchase...at auction prices, of course.

:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:10 PM 02-06-2019
I really enjoy the Oliva V lancero. Have a few left with about 4 years on them.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:29 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I really enjoy the Oliva V lancero. Have a few left with about 4 years on them.
I've tried a few Oliva Vs and didn't like them. If I see some lanceros I'll grab one.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:59 PM 02-11-2019
Tatuaje Miami Especiales (7.5" x 38)

Nice looking cigar, well-rolled, good draw.

Nice smoke at first, but about halfway this thing starts tasting nasty as hell. Strong chemical/ammonia aftertaste.

I gotta be honest, with all the bad experiences I've been having lately, I am pretty much done with Pepin-made cigars. Kinda sucks, but he isn't the first cigar maker I've kicked to the curb after too many bad sticks.
[Reply]
TXRebel 11:15 PM 02-14-2019
Check out Stogies Wold Class Cigars out of Houston. They have their H-Town exclusives.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:04 PM 02-15-2019
^ Nice! Thanks! I think a sampler or two is in my immediate future!
[Reply]
sigsauer 07:18 PM 02-15-2019
as far as torano glass anyone try Carlos Toraño Reserva Decadéncia?
[Reply]
borndead1 10:11 PM 02-16-2019
Cigar Bundles of Miami Tampa Blend lancero (7.5" x 38)

I was granted a really special request and had 2 bundles fresh off the table sent to me. Excellent! :-)

Really great looking wrappers. Tobacco and floral scent to the wrapper. Nice little pigtail cap that cuts easily. Perfect draw.

NICE smoke. Spice up front, leathery finish at first, then the floral I smelled on the wrapper makes an appearance in the second half. Large smoke volume. At $4/stick for a fantastic USA made cigar, these really can't be beat.
[Reply]
borndead1 09:00 PM 03-05-2019
Nicaraguan Overruns maduro lancero (Serious Cigars)

Snagged a bundle of these when they were on sale recently based on a recommendation from oldforge.

These 7 x 38 lanceros are a nice deep brown. The wrapper has the most amazing smell. You know the smell of a big, walk-in humidor at a cigar shop? THAT smell. That exact smell! Well-rolled, surprisingly heavy in the hand for a skinny cigar. Perfect draw.

Pretty typical maduro flavors in the first half. Cocoa, coconut, a little coffee. Good burn, large smoke volume. Solid 2" ash. Full side of medium "strength". Similar flavors in the second half, but with a nice sweetness on the draw. A very nice smoke. One of the best lanceros I've smoked since starting this thread.

And at just over $2 a stick, these are a huge winner. Thanks, oldforge! :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 09:21 PM 04-19-2019
Casa Fernandez Miami lancero (7.5" x 40)

I make no secret of my love for this company. This was one of the cigars that made me realize my love for lanceros. Grabbed a box recently.

Spicy, full-bodied but smooth, well constructed. Deep flavors, a flavor that I have just come to call 'Nicaraguan spice'. Y'all know what I'm talking about. I am enjoying this lancero with a nice glass of petite syrah wine.

Huge thumbs up for the Casa Fernandez Miami lancero.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:37 PM 04-19-2019
Thanks for all the reviews, Mark, gives me ideas when I meet someone at the B&M for a smoke. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 05:44 AM 04-29-2019
I love lanceros
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 09:31 AM 04-29-2019
Just smoke a Saka #NLMTHA Lancero I have to say I really enjoyed it, reminded me of the man o war puro authentico maduro with an addition of a sweet savory aged component. I will be looking for more of these!!
[Reply]
borndead1 08:05 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hippi3Slay3r:
Just smoke a Saka #NLMTHA Lancero I have to say I really enjoyed it, reminded me of the man o war puro authentico maduro with an addition of a sweet savory aged component. I will be looking for more of these!!
I was eyeing those. Nice presentation. I'm sure they're great, but they're out of my price range.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:06 PM 04-30-2019
[Reply]
borndead1 08:48 PM 04-30-2019
Diesel Unlimited lancero (7"x38)

There have been a metric sh*t ton of 5-packs of these on C-Bid lately. Not sure if they are just excess stock they are trying to get rid of or what.

Nice looking wrapper. A little light in the hand, but the draw is good.

Not a bad smoke. Strong spice in the nostrils but not much depth to the flavor.
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 08:36 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Diesel Unlimited lancero (7"x38)

There have been a metric sh*t ton of 5-packs of these on C-Bid lately. Not sure if they are just excess stock they are trying to get rid of or what.

Nice looking wrapper. A little light in the hand, but the draw is good.

Not a bad smoke. Strong spice in the nostrils but not much depth to the flavor.
Thank you for the heads up on these, the day you posted this I won 3 five packs for about 9 bucks each. I'm smoking one now and really enjoying it. This thing has some heft to it but the draw is perfect not tight at all. And wild as it have some strength, I'm about halfway through it and I'm sweatin.
[Reply]
The camaro show 07:41 AM 05-16-2019
I’ve only had one lancero but I really like it!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Up