Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 5131415
General Discussion>any cyclists/roadies?
hudd 01:39 PM 05-02-2016
Haven't been able to ride for several years. Still have my 1980 Nishiki 10 speed. Love this bike. Still looks new. Used to ride 30-50 miles every other weekend.
[Reply]
mmblz 09:44 PM 07-08-2016
Riding my first century tomorrow!
[Reply]
hammondc 07:42 AM 08-01-2016
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Riding my first century tomorrow!
how did it go?
[Reply]
G G 07:53 AM 08-01-2016
I used to be. I just sold my 2002 Roadstar. I loved that bike and have ridden it all over the place. I have owned a bike since 2000 and hated to sell it. I guess it's time to sell when you go to buy vehicle tags and realize that you haven't even put the decal on the tag that you bought last year, and that means I didn't ride it at all for a whole year.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:02 AM 08-01-2016
Been riding a lot this summer. Just bought Pro Race 4 25mm tires and love them. Gave up on the tubeless tires.
[Reply]
mmblz 06:47 PM 08-06-2016
Originally Posted by hammondc:
how did it go?
It was awesome! Fund raiser for cancer research. Had only worked up to 41 miles beforehand so I was a little worried. But during the ride I never thought I wouldn't make it. Tremendous feeling of accomplishment.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:14 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by mmblz:
It was awesome! Fund raiser for cancer research. Had only worked up to 41 miles beforehand so I was a little worried. But during the ride I never thought I wouldn't make it. Tremendous feeling of accomplishment.

Hell of a job!!
[Reply]
hammondc 07:14 AM 08-07-2016
Anyone on here ride on ZWIFT?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:11 AM 08-08-2016
Anyone on here ride on ZWIFT?
I can't stand indoor riding. Couldn't pay me to do it... Well depends how much one is paying me
[Reply]
hammondc 06:09 AM 08-09-2016
Zwift is a blast. I actually ride more inside now than I ever did outside.
[Reply]
mmblz 07:20 PM 01-15-2017
Did my first Zwift ride today... mountain 8. Pretty fun but it messed up the end and gave me a partial ride which was frustrating. Also can't decide if I'm incredibly slow or there's something wrong with calibration...
[Reply]
hammondc 08:47 AM 09-04-2020
BUMP!!!! anyone riding?

Fall is around the corner. By faaaaaar my favorite time to ride. Looking for a new bike now

Any thoughts on Di2 vs eTap??
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:29 PM 09-07-2020
Neat to revive this thread. Picked up a BMC with Campy Chorus 11 and DT Swiss wheels. Love the bike. Very short wheelbase and some pedal overlap, but am use to it now.

[Reply]
Willem2 12:56 PM 09-08-2020
I’m riding. Started as a Wanna be triatlete, later on some years just some organised routes. Than a few years not, than again some cycling and my best effort is 6 times the Alpe d’Huez and la Marmotte, just in time for my gold certificate.
Since 4 years a triathlete again and hopefully next year my first full distance.
[Reply]
Willem2 01:09 PM 09-08-2020
BUMP!!!! anyone riding?

Fall is around the corner. By faaaaaar my favorite time to ride. Looking for a new bike now

Any thoughts on Di2 vs eTap??
Have you searched on YouTube? There are reviews available.
If your used to Shimano, think u need a little bit time to get used to Sram.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:13 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Willem2:
Campagnolo or nothing!
[Reply]
hammondc 10:58 AM 09-09-2020
Yeah its basically split. Sram is connected bluetooth to the components where Di2 is wired. Lett mess, but more susceptibility.
[Reply]
hammondc 11:00 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Campagnolo or nothing!
That SuperRecord EPS is a marvel....
[Reply]
Willem2 12:31 PM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Campagnolo or nothing!
I find Campagnolo very nice also, looks are great for some time. But over here, there were many years problems with spareparts. So you had to look for a store very hard and had to wait long.

I had Campagnolo on my titanium bike but it wasn’t that good quality. I changed back to Shimano.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:00 AM 09-10-2020
I had Campagnolo on my titanium bike but it wasn’t that good quality. I changed back to Shimano.
Do you remember which groupo that was? Been a Campagnolo fan for 40 years and had Dura Ace on an Eddy Merckx like 20 years ago.

Shimano make nice stuff too. I see the difference between Shimano and Campagnolo like cars. Which do you want to take for a drive through the Alps; a Nissan GTR (Shimano) or an Aston Martin / Ferrari (Campagnolo). All will do it brilliant, may the GTR the fastest... I know which one I'd rather drive.

Even when it comes to wine; it Campagnolo all the way!

[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 5131415
Up