Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>R.I.P. Charlie Daniels!
Brian D. 11:56 AM 07-06-2020
Reported to have passed away from a stroke at 83 years of age. What a talented musician, and a great guy. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:10 PM 07-06-2020
Saw him once around 1975, at the height of his popularity, at a free concert on the Vanderbilt campus. I was never a big fan, but it was worth the price.

Rest in peace, Charlie. Hope you need not out-fiddle the Devil.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:17 PM 07-06-2020
Worked security at a show at Northern Illinois University in 1984 or 85. I'm not a huge country music guy, but it was definitely an entertaining show. RIP, Mr. Daniels.
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 12:36 PM 07-06-2020
RIP Mr. Daniels!!!
[Reply]
Mystophales 01:21 PM 07-06-2020
Sad to hear. I remember as a kid Charlie Daniels was the person that made me realize I liked "rock" music. My parents were big fans of his and the song Devil Went Down to Georgia. I remember as a kid thinking that the devil actually won that fiddle contest...lol
[Reply]
hotreds 02:49 PM 07-06-2020
Lucky to have seen him a coupla times. RIP, Charlie!
[Reply]
AuDogg07 09:10 PM 07-06-2020
I'm not big on country music but with someone as big as he was, you can't help but appreciate his contribution to the music industry.

RIP Charlie
[Reply]
G G 08:08 AM 07-07-2020
As a youngster feeling out the music styles I liked, of course I had heard a few of Charlies hits from earlier. But just shy of 14 years old his blockbuster album, Million Mile Reflections was released in April of 1979. This album I don't think would be fair to say was country. it had quite a mix of different styles. Of course The Devil Went Down To Georgia was a hit, but the song "Reflections" was a haunting tribute to Elvis, Janis Joplin, and Ronnie Van Zant. I became a fan that year and still am today. I read his book not too long ago and it was a great insight into the man. He also wrote articles for a couple conservative news outlets for several years too and they were good articles. In my estimation Charlie Daniels was obviously a great Artist/Musician, but a great American Patriot. Charlie was also a devout Christian and I can almost see the Lord welcoming him to Heaven and saying to him, "Welcome home Charlie, can you get that golden fiddle over there and play The Devil Went Down To Georgia one time? Godspeed Charlie and thanks my friend.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:12 AM 07-07-2020
May He Rest In Peace.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:16 AM 07-07-2020
Long Haired Country Boy was my moniker for years. (Till I went bald) RIP CD.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:24 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Long Haired Country Boy was my moniker for years. (Till I went bald) RIP CD.
But I liked the way you're livin'.... :-)
[Reply]
Up