Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars you enjoyed once upon a time
RevSmoke 01:17 PM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Todd's mention of Honduran cigars reminds me that I sorely miss almost EVERYTHING that came out of the old Villazon factory.
Have you had any El Rey del Mundos recently? I think that the Robustos and the Robusto Largas are very similar to what they tasted like back in the day (1990s).
[Reply]
The Poet 01:41 PM 11-06-2020
I like the ERDM maduros, and the JR Ultimates also. These are more than acceptable as Villazon clones.
[Reply]
Willem2 02:35 PM 11-06-2020
Loved Torano in 2011 but had a Tatuaje Anarchy also that year. Just started smoking so I kept as it was a full bodied cigar. Later that year I smoked it and loved it.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:25 PM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I like the ERDM maduros, and the JR Ultimates also. These are more than acceptable as Villazon clones.
I bought a box of ERDM Rectagulare Maduros recently and am happy.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:28 PM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I bought a box of ERDM Rectagulare Maduros recently and am happy.
Yeah, they are tasty. Not a big fan of box-pressed, but will make an exception for these. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:29 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
They don't make them anymore.

Long time ago, Bock y Cia was a brand that JR cigars used to carry in the late 90s early 2000s.
What's left of the Dunhill distributed NC brands like Santa Cruz, Tempe Hall, Henry Clay, etc???
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:33 AM 11-10-2020
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What's left of the Dunhill distributed NC brands like Santa Cruz, Tempe Hall, Henry Clay, etc???
Some live on, some are gone. Henry Clay has had a few niche releases and a collaboration with Pete Johnson a few years ago. Temple Hall lives on as a JR Cigars bargain brand.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:39 AM 01-03-2021
I tell ya .. I really miss the Pepin CI Legends. Those were so good... and the Padilla Miami 8&11 were too.

Are there any blends out there similar to these? What ever happened to all the Pepin blends? He was on fire for a few years.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:58 AM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by Thrak:
I tell ya .. I really miss the Pepin CI Legends. Those were so good... and the Padilla Miami 8&11 were too.

Are there any blends out there similar to these? What ever happened to all the Pepin blends? He was on fire for a few years.
I still like the Pepin Blue label on occasion. Other guys here probably know more about Pepin's current status though.
[Reply]
Thrak 11:36 AM 01-03-2021
Yeah I have some still ... they don't have that pepper hit that the others did though.
[Reply]
Gabe215 06:27 PM 01-03-2021
Used to love AVO signature and heritage lines
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:59 AM 01-06-2021
Reading thru this thread brings back memories from when I first got started. We’re lucky in the Detroit area to have a JR’s store. I remember it being a treasure hunt, finding those boxes/bundles lost in the back of the shelves, with a few years of age on them.

Belinda, Hoyo Excalibur, Maria Mancini, JR Ultimate.

The one I really miss is Padron. Smoked thru countless boxes of the 2000’s and quite a few of the Anniversarrio. I’ve tried a few over the last few years, but they taste like ash to me.

Someone else mentioned the OR Camacho’s. That first inch of the Corojo. You had to smoke it on a full stomach, even then it’d still set you on your a$$.
[Reply]
Steve 06:26 AM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I miss the heck outa the O cloth band cigars. O M G

I actually need to get some Vs, haven't had one in a while.
Originally Posted by G G:
You know I had two of those cloth banded that Mac gave me at Epic in 2011. I held onto both of them for a while, but finally smoked one about 4 years ago. Then when Mac passed away, I smoked the other one in his honor. They are great cigars for sure.
I still have one that he gave me :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up