Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cabaiguan Corona Extra
Smokin Gator 03:48 PM 01-06-2009
I know this isn't much of a review... I didn't plan on doing one.

I picked up several Cabaiguan Corona Extras a while back. I smoked a couple and they were good but nothing awe inspiring. I pulled one out today after they had been in down for a few months and it was really good. Very creamy and mouth coating with just a bit of the Pepin spice.

:-):-) in my book!!!
[Reply]
mash 04:20 PM 01-06-2009
I have smoked a number of these and have been underwhelmed. Very so-so. I'll break out one again in the next month (probably 6 months since my last one) and see if they're any better.
[Reply]
rockyr 04:39 PM 01-06-2009
I have a few of these from a box I bought in 2007. They are excellent, but then I like a cigar that doesn't kick my butt.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 01:27 PM 01-07-2009
I just reviewed this on a Blind Tasts Test (BTT) Here is the link. :-)

http://http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb...?t=927&page=16
[Reply]
Zoomschwortz 09:05 PM 01-12-2009
I have never had a chance to try one of these. I have asked at the B&M but only get a deer in the headlights look.

In blind taste tests they are often mistaken for Cuban by people that know Cubans.

Take care.
Ken
[Reply]
Homebrewer 09:53 AM 01-13-2009
Savor, that linky no worky
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 11:27 AM 01-13-2009
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...?t=927&page=16

Maybe this will work??
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:48 AM 01-13-2009
There are a handful of NC's that I like and this is one of them. Great mild/med flavorful smoke, perfect for a morning smoke.
[Reply]
TimS 11:55 AM 01-13-2009
I agree with David... ah Jbaily. Great first smoke of the day.
[Reply]
Steelergar 04:45 PM 01-19-2009
I love this cigar size, try the Guapo corona extra for a little more kick.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:36 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I love this cigar size, try the Guapo corona extra for a little more kick.
I have wondered what the difference was.
[Reply]
Steelergar 08:53 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I have wondered what the difference was.
It has a Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper wich adds a little more spice and flavor. As far as I know the filler and binder are the same. I just saw that one of the sizes made Cigar Aficionado's top 25 list.
[Reply]
mash 07:09 PM 03-24-2010
Just smoked another one from my box. Man, are they ever getting good. Age is very kind to these. I smoke 90% Cuban, these are a very pleasant change of pace.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:11 PM 03-25-2010
Originally Posted by mash:
Just smoked another one from my box. Man, are they ever getting good. Age is very kind to these. I smoke 90% Cuban, these are a very pleasant change of pace.
Agreed. I have found this with all of the Pepin made/blended cigars that I have had for any length of time. I'm still pulling from a box of Corona Extras that have a, IIRC, April 08 box code, and they are way better than they were a year ago. Really sweet and creamy now with just a touch of spice. But like I said, I haven't had a Pepin stick yet that wasn't way better after some rest time.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:21 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Zoomschwortz:
In blind taste tests they are often mistaken for Cuban by people that know Cubans.
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Great mild/med flavorful smoke, perfect for a morning smoke.
Originally Posted by mash:
Bumpin' this old thread because I just had one (aprox. 2 years old) and I love these! They get to be really great with some time under the belt. So smooth and creamy & gives you hints, every now and again, of a Cuban cigar. They absolutely can be tricky in blind tastings. :-) Especially the older ones that were made in Miami. Production has been in Nica for a while now.
[Reply]
Up