Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
Subvet642 10:24 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Dave128:
What were they at half time for the Patriots? Isn't that what started this entire debacle?
I've read the report and they were low. One of the problems is that the pressures measured before the game weren't recorded. Furthermore, the two gauges gave different readings as one had a bent needle. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but the sloppy evidence and low standard of proof remain inconclusive. The report in PDF is below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.b2w&cad=rja
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 11:47 AM 05-12-2015
What a bag job..this was a set up and the Colts were in on it.That alone violates NFL rules.

Tom did not have to give up his cell phone all the phones that were given up belonged to the Patriots..so if Tom text them it would be on the company phones.

They got nothing, Krafty Bob is pissed and heads will roll!!!

This is not over by a longshot.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:30 PM 05-12-2015
A murderer, a cheater and a liar show up at a bar.
One bartender looks at the other and says "the Patriots are in town".
[Reply]
icehog3 01:16 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
If only we could be so passionate about real issues.
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Justice is a real issue, Admiral. If we continue to accept lower and lower standards of it that's just what we'll get; that's why I'm so passionate about it. The news has been filled with reports of people convicted of murder being released because they've been exonerated by DNA evidence. Those people were convicted by a pretty high standard, "beyond a reasonable doubt" and that standard failed as well. Innocent people lost decades of their lives. If we expect justice for ourselves we must be scrupulous about defending it in all cases, no matter how small. Eternal vigilance, as Jefferson said. :-)
While I understand the point you are trying to make, Darren, I would hardly equate people on death row with their life in the balance to an NFL quarterback who makes 20 mil a year bring suspended for 4 games. That is what I meant by "real" issues.

And as has been pointed out for others, Brady isn't subject to any criminal penalties for the alleged indiscretion, so the burden of prove would be preponderance of the evidence, rather than the "beyond a reasonable doubt" of said murder suspects.

No real horse in this race, just mildly amused how wound up people on both sides get about a sports issue like this. Reminds me of the Cubs-White Sox people.
[Reply]
Subvet642 01:44 PM 05-12-2015
While I understand the point you are trying to make, Darren, I would hardly equate people on death row with their life in the balance to an NFL quarterback who makes 20 mil a year bring suspended for 4 games. That is what I meant by "real" issues.

And as has been pointed out for others, Brady isn't subject to any criminal penalties for the alleged indiscretion, so the burden of prove would be preponderance of the evidence, rather than the "beyond a reasonable doubt" of said murder suspects.

No real horse in this race, just mildly amused how wound up people on both sides get about a sports issue like this. Reminds me of the Cubs-White Sox people.
My point above is that even high standards of proof fail. The standard of proof as displayed in the report doesn't rise above playground justice as it was based solely on the investigation, not a tribunal of any sort where both sides get to present evidence to an impartial adjudicator. It would be like the police deciding the guilt and punishment of whom they arrest. In this case the investigator, judge and jury were invested in a single entity. I think that's spooky on any level. He won't get paid during the suspension so four games adds up to 5 million dollars. The Constitution says:... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law... While it may not be a criminal penalty, It sure looks like one. Hell, the IRS has a higher standard.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:13 PM 05-12-2015
Hope he can still live on that 15 million he has left. :-)

We just have different thoughts on how important this is in the grand scheme of things, but I don't begrudge you your feelings, Darren. If they suspended Jonathan Toews for scuffing pucks, I'd probably have an aneurism. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:31 PM 05-12-2015
How about the 50+ un-investigated abuse charges against NFL players, I think I've heard enough about Tom's balls.

….
[Reply]
BigAsh 02:52 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
A murderer, a cheater and a liar show up at a bar.
One bartender looks at the other and says "the Patriots are in town".
now THAT'S funny!!!!:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 03:26 PM 05-12-2015
Hey guys, you all need to clam down!

What difference does it now make! That's a quote.

It is what it is now and then what it will be, after the appeals are heard!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:10 PM 05-12-2015
Hey everybody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:21 PM 05-12-2015
Local DJ said if they really wanted to punish people they would force Brady to play for Cleveland and Bill should have to coach the Jags. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:23 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Local DJ said if they really wanted to punish people they would force Brady to play for Cleveland and Bill should have to coach the Jags. :-)
Screw that. Send Bill back to Cleveland with him. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 05:04 PM 05-12-2015
I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
[Reply]
Blueface 05:10 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I think just for Darren et. al, the investigators should be granted subpoena power so they can get Tom's phone records, get all his texts related to this over the last 24 months. Put Tom, the EQM, the other cat & a few others in front of a grand jury and see how it shakes out.

I'm sure that Tom, his agent, the Pats ect. all would prefer the truth come out and clear Tom & the franchises name. Sure we'd see some "proof" then...unless this is a witch hunt...
You are right, except I think he may have used a private server and everything has been destroyed.
I may have facts confused.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:27 PM 05-12-2015
Ray Rice?
Michael Vick, branching out.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:46 PM 05-12-2015
Brady is going to war..this guy kicks the NFL's ass!! :-)
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pat...for-legal-team
[Reply]
markem 05:48 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Hey everybody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4
Tom Brady could do that better even with deflated breasts.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:53 PM 05-12-2015
It is not I who is in the crucifixion business; you seem to have that well covered already.
Funny, I don't recall commenting one way or the other on this, "issue" but merely your overreaction to it.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:57 PM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
:-)

:-)

(Yes, sadly enough I vaguely remember watching this show as a young kid. Don't judge me!)
[Reply]
Stephen 06:00 PM 05-12-2015
My point above is that even high standards of proof fail. The standard of proof as displayed in the report doesn't rise above playground justice as it was based solely on the investigation, not a tribunal of any sort where both sides get to present evidence to an impartial adjudicator. It would be like the police deciding the guilt and punishment of whom they arrest. In this case the investigator, judge and jury were invested in a single entity. I think that's spooky on any level. He won't get paid during the suspension so four games adds up to 5 million dollars. The Constitution says:... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law... While it may not be a criminal penalty, It sure looks like one. Hell, the IRS has a higher standard.
Okay...Where was your beef with all this during Bountygate?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up