Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 17 of 196
« First < 7151617 18192767117 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Ken 11:00 AM 05-01-2009
Originally Posted by :
Speaking of that, all you Stagg drinkers, how do you enjoy your? Neat, with a drop of water, or on the rocks?
I almost always drink mine with ice. Though the 1st glass is poured neat so I can taste the bourbon before I add the ice.

For Derby I went on the cheap and grabbed a bottle of Old Crow. I've been told it is very good chilled.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:12 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by Ken:
For Derby I went on the cheap and grabbed a bottle of Old Crow. I've been told it is very good chilled.
You'll probably have to get it pretty cold! :-)

I am kidding, I haven't had it in years and have no idea how it is... let us know...
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:18 AM 05-02-2009
Just cracked my bottle of Eagle Rare 17. Pretty smooth.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:02 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Just cracked my bottle of Eagle Rare 17. Pretty smooth.
I think you need some help brother....8:18am and your hittin the bourbon...:-)

:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 09:30 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
I think you need some help brother....8:18am and your hittin the bourbon...:-)

:-)
It is Kentucky Derby Day. :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:56 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
It is Kentucky Derby Day. :-)
what about last week, what was the excuse then?
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:34 AM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by Ken:
I almost always drink mine with ice. Though the 1st glass is poured neat so I can taste the bourbon before I add the ice.

Old Crow will work in a pinch, but it's a bit rough!

Next time, for about the same money get some Early Times. It's very smooth and easy to drink. For a buck or two more, go with Old Grandad, true great for very cheap money!
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:51 PM 05-02-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
what about last week, what was the excuse then?
Was it a tuesday? that would work too. :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 02:53 PM 05-02-2009
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 07:22 AM 05-03-2009
Had more of this stuff yesteday for the Derby!! Really good stuff for $50.:-)

[Reply]
BengalMan 07:11 PM 05-04-2009
Wow, what a weekend at Derby! Lots of Woodford, Early Times Mint Julip (blah!), beers, and more Woodford was drank and many great Oliva cigars were smoked! Oh, and by the way, I hit the Derby winner on a $5 bet for $250! All in all a great weekend!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:02 PM 05-04-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Wow, what a weekend at Derby! Lots of Woodford, Early Times Mint Julip (blah!), beers, and more Woodford was drank and many great Oliva cigars were smoked! Oh, and by the way, I hit the Derby winner on a $5 bet for $250! All in all a great weekend!
Sounds like a good time! Congrats on the pick. I hope to make it one of these years.
[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 09:34 PM 05-04-2009
Cant stand all this derby talk = driving me CRAZY!
So... i must relax with a Julep :-)

Love those things when it comes to drinks im Classic... Sidecar/Mint Julep or Straight up bourbon and im happy as hell-

Cheers!
[Reply]
Ken 09:10 AM 05-06-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I am kidding, I haven't had it in years and have no idea how it is... let us know...
I have to say I was surprised at how easy it seemed to drink. I really didn't drink much straight, so I'll open back up in a couple of days. But right at this moment I'm going to say that it was easy to drink over ice and wasn't in-your-face powerfull.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself before I can actually sit down to a glass and say something like; I'd prefer a glass of Old Crow over Eagle Rare (and a few others).

Originally Posted by :
go with Old Grandad, true great for very cheap money!
Old Grandad wasn't too bad at all the last time I drank it. I believe it was the orange label.
[Reply]
BengalMan 12:30 PM 05-08-2009
Went into The Party Source today to pick up the Gentleman Jack for the Nub Live event in Columbus tomorrow and stopped by the bourbon section and what do I see? Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond 100, FINALLY! Picked up 3 bottles of it. It's been a while since I've had this stuff, I still stand by it's one of the best rye's out there, and under $20 to boot. Just gotta find it and you'll be good!
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:10 PM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Went into The Party Source today to pick up the Gentleman Jack for the Nub Live event in Columbus tomorrow and stopped by the bourbon section and what do I see? Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond 100, FINALLY! Picked up 3 bottles of it. It's been a while since I've had this stuff, I still stand by it's one of the best rye's out there, and under $20 to boot. Just gotta find it and you'll be good!

Nice find!
I need to get some, to bad I gotta pay to have it shipped though. :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:33 PM 05-12-2009
Just cracked my bottle of Sazerac from the '08 Antique collection. I don't know, I guess I should stick to Bourbon.

But before I do, I have a question....

How does this compare to other Ryes out there? Which other one should I give a chance?
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 07:34 PM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Just cracked my bottle of Sazerac from the '08 Antique collection. I don't know, I guess I should stick to Bourbon.

But before I do, I have a question....

How does this compare to other Ryes out there? Which other one should I give a chance?
Van Winkle 13yo Family Reserve - There is none better IMHO!!!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:21 PM 05-14-2009
Just enjoyed a nice glass of Four Roses Single Barrel on the rocks!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:19 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Just enjoyed a nice glass of Four Roses Single Barrel on the rocks!
:-):-):-):-):-)

----------------
Now playing: Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head
via FoxyTunes
[Reply]
Page 17 of 196
« First < 7151617 18192767117 > Last »
Up