Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 106 of 196
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 09:41 AM 03-09-2020
Haven't seen the Larceny BP on the shelves here, but I've heard lots of good things, Ben. Glad you dig it, and the McKenna is really good too.

Last night's pours:

[Reply]
Beagleone 01:09 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Finally tracked down a single bottle of Larceny BP on Saturday, had a pour of it on Friday and was very impressed. Called the store, they said they had one bottle and couldn't hold it, I rushed down to get it and as I was walking in the door a guy was walking out with it :-)

They did have one bottle of McKenna 10 year, so I picked that up instead, but not what I was hoping for
I'll check, but last I saw, there were quite a few on the shelves here in DFW. That was a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
stearns 07:25 AM 03-10-2020
Opened up my bottle of ECBP B519 last night, I think this is one of the best pours I've had in recent memory. Sweet charred oak from nose to finish, reminded me of freshly cut used barrel staves. To be fair this is my first ECBP and now realize how much I've been missing out, looking forward to opening up some more :-)

Originally Posted by Beagleone:
I'll check, but last I saw, there were quite a few on the shelves here in DFW. That was a few weeks ago.
When they first showed up a month or so ago they sold out immediately, they've been slowly trickling in since then and last a day or two now but still gotta be vigilant to land one
[Reply]
icehog3 09:17 AM 03-10-2020
Cracked the Booker's 2019-01 last night. My friend from another board said it was pure "funk". True, but in a delicious way. The finish is amazing, cayenne and spice. Right in my wheelhouse. It's one that I'll want to share with friends, but will have a hard time keeping my mitts off of. Yup, if I ever see another bottle near MSRP, I'm snaggin' it.

Ben, I have another uncracked B519, along with an uncracked C919 and a 3/4 full A119. Haven't had a disappointing pour from the BPs yet.
[Reply]
stearns 09:40 AM 03-10-2020
We Want The Funk! We Want The Funk!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:09 PM 03-10-2020
We Want The Funk! We Want The Funk!

Gotta have that funk.
[Reply]
stearns 07:26 AM 03-11-2020
Opened up the McKenna 10 last night, thought it was very solid. Enjoyed the Bookers Country Ham I poured after more but will be working the McKenna into the regular rotation
[Reply]
Steve 10:09 AM 03-16-2020

My weekend self-medication...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:05 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Steve:

My weekend self-medication...
You Dick(el)! :-)

Last night:

[Reply]
Gabe215 07:22 PM 03-16-2020
Slim pickings at the Pennsylvania controlled liquor store. New to bourbon but drink and really enjoy Eagle Rare. Only good bourbon they had left after announcing its closing due to coronavirus was Basil Hayden 80 proof any good?
[Reply]
icehog3 11:20 PM 03-16-2020
The regular BH Straight Kentucky Bourbon, Gabe? If so it's not bad, and on par with the Eagle Rare for smoothness.

Spent some quality time with the Colonel tonight.

[Reply]
stearns 08:33 AM 03-23-2020
In the store a couple days ago and saw a few bottles of Dickel BiB so I grabbed one. I really enjoyed it, not quite as complex as some of the higher end (and higher priced) bottles but I happily grabbed a second pour and am looking forward to my next glass :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 AM 03-23-2020
I'm got 3 BiB bottles from Black Carl recently (he's a gentleman and a scholar). McKenna 10 Year, Dickel and Early Times. The Early Times is a $24 1L bottle, and crazy as it seems, I like it best of the 3 so far.

[Reply]
The camaro show 10:18 AM 03-23-2020
With the liquor stores being closed really makes me wanna go grab a new bottle.
[Reply]
stearns 10:19 AM 03-23-2020
Get a few :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:56 PM 03-23-2020
They're open here. I'll pop in if I go by one, but I will only buy if it's something that I've been looking for and unable to find.

Speaking of which, I am not a fan of the 1792 Small Batch, but I am intrigued by the 1792 Full Proof. Anyone had both who can comment, please?
[Reply]
stearns 02:46 PM 03-23-2020
Haven't had the small batch in years and can't really compare, but I'm not super impressed with the full proof. I keep retrying it as a change of pace but I don't get much more than an ethanol heat out of it. It has gotten better since the bottle was opened, the first pour was not pleasant
[Reply]
SSDVC 02:46 PM 03-23-2020
In the store a couple days ago and saw a few bottles of Dickel BiB so I grabbed one. I really enjoyed it, not quite as complex as some of the higher end (and higher priced) bottles but I happily grabbed a second pour and am looking forward to my next glass :-)
If that is the 13 Year Old BiB, that is quite the score. I can't find it anywhere here in the east, same for the Four Roses Small Batch SELECT (just finished the bottle). I would love to be able to find a few bottles of either, but I also heard the original retail price of $36 for the Dickel is a long gone dream.
[Reply]
stearns 03:03 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
If that is the 13 Year Old BiB, that is quite the score. I can't find it anywhere here in the east, same for the Four Roses Small Batch SELECT (just finished the bottle). I would love to be able to find a few bottles of either, but I also heard the original retail price of $36 for the Dickel is a long gone dream.
This is the 13, got it at $36 after a couple months of looking. Shoulda bought more, I might go back and see if I can get another before everything shuts down tomorrow afternoon
[Reply]
icehog3 06:22 PM 03-23-2020
Haven't had the small batch in years and can't really compare, but I'm not super impressed with the full proof. I keep retrying it as a change of pace but I don't get much more than an ethanol heat out of it. It has gotten better since the bottle was opened, the first pour was not pleasant
Thanks Ben. You saved me $50 in "speculation". :-)
[Reply]
Page 106 of 196
« First < 65696104105106 107108116156 > Last »
Up