Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Ipod Touch
rack04 03:55 PM 01-19-2009
Is there anything similar to an Ipod Touch that is less expensive? My wife wants an Ipod Touch but I just don't see her using it all too often. Thanks.
[Reply]
JKim 04:02 PM 01-19-2009
Samsung P2 is an alternative. http://pages.samsung.com/us/p2/
[Reply]
JKim 04:04 PM 01-19-2009
http://www.amazon.com/tag/ipod%20touch%20alternative
[Reply]
tchariya 04:14 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by rack04:
Is there anything similar to an Ipod Touch that is less expensive? My wife wants an Ipod Touch but I just don't see her using it all too often. Thanks.
What are you looking for for her? multi-media player? bigger screen? internet accessibility?

How do you envision her using it?
What does she want out of it?

Do you want the GUI interface to be super friendly?
How about loading the music to it?
[Reply]
Blueface 04:29 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by tchariya:
What are you looking for for her? multi-media player? bigger screen? internet accessibility?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
The Professor 04:36 PM 01-19-2009
You could also do a used iPod Touch from ebay or CraigsList. Personally, I've never seen anything that's quite as user-friendly as the iPod ... and the Touch is in a league of its own (especially when you consider all the apps and stuff you can get for it).

:-)
[Reply]
rack04 04:41 PM 01-19-2009

Honestly, I think she wants it because it's cool and since we don't currently have AT&T she can't get an IPHONE. She'll use it for listening to music while jogging. She want's video capability so she can watch movies while traveling. Super friendly would be real nice but not a requirement.
[Reply]
AD720 04:52 PM 01-19-2009
Does she currently use iTunes to organize/play her music on the computer?
[Reply]
doctorcue 05:11 PM 01-19-2009
Honestly, I think she wants it because it's cool and since we don't currently have AT&T she can't get an IPHONE. She'll use it for listening to music while jogging. She want's video capability so she can watch movies while traveling. Super friendly would be real nice but not a requirement.
If it is going to be used during exercise; how about the Nano? It can play video too; just a smaller screen (about 1/2).

The Touch is sweet. TONS of apps available either for free or less than $10. The GUI is sweet. iTunes just went DRM-free and better quality.

Tough to beat Apple in this segment. Man up and get the Touch! Got to take care of the lady!
[Reply]
tchariya 05:17 PM 01-19-2009
Hard to work out with that nice piece of hardware in your hand..or not secured to the machine or even on your arm.

Its hard to reason with S.O. sometimes. I say look out for a good deal for the previous gen with 4/8gb and see how she likes it and how she might handle it.
[Reply]
King James 05:21 PM 01-19-2009
If she doesn't want it for internet/apps then no need really...that is the big selling point I think. You can just get a regular ipod to watch videos on.... but if she will use the internet and that then the touch is definitely worth it.
[Reply]
rack04 05:32 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Does she currently use iTunes to organize/play her music on the computer?
No.

Hard to work out with that nice piece of hardware in your hand..or not secured to the machine or even on your arm.

Its hard to reason with S.O. sometimes. I say look out for a good deal for the previous gen with 4/8gb and see how she likes it and how she might handle it.
She'll be jogging behind a stroller. So having a place for the device shouldn't be an issue.

Originally Posted by doctorcue:
Man up and get the Touch! Got to take care of the lady!
Very likely.
[Reply]
AD720 06:50 PM 01-19-2009
The reason I ask about her currently using iTunes is if she was it would be a PITA to get a non-apple device. You have more options if she is not.

Seems like she wants what she wants though. I figure if you get her the ipod you are good for at least 2 boxes of cigars. :-)

Apple has a refurb 8gb for $179.99, refurb 16gb for $219.99 and refurn 32gb for $319.99 (all first generation) -

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA...mco=MjE0NTU0MQ

That will save you a couple bucks.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:24 PM 01-19-2009
I love my Ipod touch, great little gizmo.
[Reply]
Cigargal 07:28 PM 01-19-2009
nothing can touch the iTouch. I have used mine to surf the web in airports and watch movies, play videos
[Reply]
rack04 07:31 PM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
The reason I ask about her currently using iTunes is if she was it would be a PITA to get a non-apple device. You have more options if she is not.

Seems like she wants what she wants though. I figure if you get her the ipod you are good for at least 2 boxes of cigars. :-)

Apple has a refurb 8gb for $179.99, refurb 16gb for $219.99 and refurn 32gb for $319.99 (all first generation) -

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FA...mco=MjE0NTU0MQ

That will save you a couple bucks.
Now you're talking. Do these carry any kind of warranty?
[Reply]
AD720 07:54 PM 01-19-2009
Now you're talking. Do these carry any kind of warranty?
The same warranty as a non-refurb -

Overview

Apple Certified Refurbished Products

- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited

To learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products
CLICK HERE.

Plus you can still get the apple care for an extra $60.
[Reply]
rack04 08:02 PM 01-19-2009
Thanks for all the help. I see Amazon has the 2nd gen for not much more. When you all talk about "cool" applications, what are you referring too? Games?
[Reply]
Swampper 08:18 PM 01-19-2009
If SHE wants the Touch, you got to get the Touch. You have no choice bro. :-)
[Reply]
King James 08:25 PM 01-19-2009
if you want one... I would suggest paying a few more bucks for the 2nd gen ones versus the 1st gen. increase in battery life, external speaker, and smaller size
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up