Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>La Flor Dominicana Icepick-Crackstick
Garbandz 02:09 PM 05-25-2009
I ran across a dealer who has boxes of the La Flor Dominicana Ice pick.It is a ligero tobacco offering from Litto Gomez.I have heard it was gone from the shelves,this dealer says they are making them just for him.I got a couple for later myself.He offered to give a 15% discount to members of this site if you mention you saw them here,if you are not in NC ,he will not charge tax.
The dealer is Empire Cigars in Raleigh,NC,the owner is Hal Rubin.You can call 919-870-0081,try after 10:00 AM est.He usually sells out rapidly,if you want these don't delay.......
[Reply]
troutbreath 02:33 PM 05-25-2009
That's supposed to be a great store. I think he was one of the few that got the Tatuaje Franks last year. I never get over to Raleigh anymore, but might have to make a roadtrip in the future.
[Reply]
elderboy02 03:30 PM 05-25-2009
I heard these are good. I have one in my humidor that I might have to fire up now.
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:30 PM 05-25-2009
Hal is a class act all the way. Next time you see him tell him Ian said hi.
[Reply]
s0leful0ne 12:13 AM 05-26-2009
just got back from herfing at this shop...WOW...awesome place to go
[Reply]
TanithT 12:36 AM 05-26-2009
It was pretty yummy. A tiny stick of pure focused power and intensity that also somehow managed to be smooth and tasty rather than harsh. I wouldn't call it one-dimensional, quite, as the flavor was very good, but it didn't have a ton of depth or complexity. The strong ligero flavor was excellent, but there was basically only the one flavor there. If you happen to like that one flavor a lot, then this is definitely your stick.

In terms of body, it had a whole lot of punch and power, but was not what I'd call a rich or heavy smoke. It was an excellent palate cleanser, with a pleasant lingering aftertaste. If this cigar was a coffee, it would be a short shot of single-origin espresso.
[Reply]
Garbandz 09:45 AM 05-26-2009
She's everywhere! She's everywhere! {and she knows of what she speaks}...So glad you made BOTH herfs,we are all enriched by your presence.....and you roast some yummy coffee.....
[Reply]
RHNewfie 10:18 AM 05-26-2009
Sounds like a great stick! If someone would like to trade one off shoot me a PM!
[Reply]
Up