Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 91
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?
Snook 09:37 AM 05-24-2020
No pictures taken but yesterday I enjoyed:
CLE Chele. Smooth and creamy Connecticut that went well with a lager in the heat of the day.
Boli PC. Classic.
Herrera Esteli maduro lonsdale. Perfect nightcap, butterscotch and chocolate.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:38 PM 05-24-2020

Aganorsa Leaf Supreme Leaf Robusto - okay so, this is the 2nd specimen I've smoked and I have to regretfully admit that they are not smoking well. I saw some others review it similarly and I just didn't want to believe them, but I should have.
Now that isn't to say that there isn't promise, I do pick up some interesting notes, but overall it's an extremely harsh smoke. I've had these resting for about a month and a half now and I find that most smokes are at the very least, palatable by that point - but not these.
I think I'll stash these at the bottom of one of my coolidors and try to forget about them for a long while, hoping they'll improve with some age.
[Reply]
Snook 08:32 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

Aganorsa Leaf Supreme Leaf Robusto - okay so, this is the 2nd specimen I've smoked and I have to regretfully admit that they are not smoking well. I saw some others review it similarly and I just didn't want to believe them, but I should have.
Now that isn't to say that there isn't promise, I do pick up some interesting notes, but overall it's an extremely harsh smoke. I've had these resting for about a month and a half now and I find that most smokes are at the very least, palatable by that point - but not these.
I think I'll stash these at the bottom of one of my coolidors and try to forget about them for a long while, hoping they'll improve with some age.
That's too bad. Aganorsa usually puts out solid smokes. Thanks for the update.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:32 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Snook:
That's too bad. Aganorsa usually puts out solid smokes. Thanks for the update.
I know, I'm a huge Aganorsa fan, which was why I decided to order a box anyway. I agree it's totally out of step for them, which is why I'm wondering if maybe the leaves are just really young? I'll post an update when I revisit in 6-12 months, hoping they'll smoke better with some time.

This morning I went with..

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Corona - saw this one recommended here and decided to pick up a 5er, very nice, flavorful medium bodied cigar! Excellent breakfast/coffee cigar :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 01:06 PM 05-25-2020
Moving right along...

Dunbarton Mi Querida Robusto - decided to revisit these and I'm glad I did. Superb cigar, a gritty spiciness that is reminiscent of the Tabernacle, however not as sweet as the Tabernacle. I pick up a lot of damp earth and mineral notes in this cigar, very unique and interesting to smoke. Recommended!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:39 PM 05-25-2020
Moving right along...

Dunbarton Mi Querida Robusto - decided to revisit these and I'm glad I did. Superb cigar, a gritty spiciness that is reminiscent of the Tabernacle, however not as sweet as the Tabernacle. I pick up a lot of damp earth and mineral notes in this cigar, very unique and interesting to smoke. Recommended!
I've smoked a couple of those, Michael, thought they were interesting and enjoyable as well. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:40 PM 05-25-2020

Yeah, you know me. :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:12 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yeah, you know me. :-)
Hey, a good cigar is a good cigar!!

Speaking of good cigars....

Southern Draw Cedrus Toro <--- (I think) - woooooo dohgies this is the finest rootin'-tootinest (channeling my inner Yosemite Sam) cigar I've had since.... well, since the Mi Querida anyway!!

Nice peppery start, I'd say medium body the first 1/3 then ramps up to about a medium body. Lots of subtle complexities, but at its core there is a lot of leather, bittersweet chocolate and cedar. Similar to many cigars this way, it's not the most unique profile, but what it does, it does well...and again, there is a lot of subtle complex notes throughout. Definitely recommended, particularly to any Southern Draw fans that haven't tried this one yet!!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:35 PM 05-28-2020
I've tried and tried but I do not like Southern Draw cigars and yes, I have had multiples of most of their offerings. Just finished another Jacob's Ladder and as much as I wanted to like it, had to stop halfway. Just not my cup 'o tea.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:15 PM 05-28-2020
Caldwell All Out Kings Robusto
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:40 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I've tried and tried but I do not like Southern Draw cigars and yes, I have had multiples of most of their offerings. Just finished another Jacob's Ladder and as much as I wanted to like it, had to stop halfway. Just not my cup 'o tea.
I've only ever smoked the Jacobs Ladder Brimstone but I definitely need to get around to trying to original as well to see how it smokes. I will say that I've found that many of the stronger SDs smoke far better at lower RHs fwiw. NC - have you tried the Firethorn? More of a medium body but really a fun spicy smoke, particularly in the AM with some coffee.

@ James AOK is a great cigar :-)

For me this evening -

DPG Series JJ Belicoso - been a while since I've had one of these, definitely enjoying it!
[Reply]
Weelok 10:49 PM 05-28-2020
This weeks cigars so far. Last years and ROTT Bishops Blend from BLTC. Both Bishops Blends were identical IMHO and awesome.

[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:10 PM 05-29-2020
NC - have you tried the Firethorn? More of a medium body but really a fun spicy smoke, particularly in the AM with some coffee.
I have. Not a fan and I do keep my stock around 60-62%. I officially give up on them. :-)

Today, I've had a Surrogates Tramp Stamp and an Illusione F9.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:37 PM 05-30-2020
I have. Not a fan and I do keep my stock around 60-62%. I officially give up on them. :-)
Ah yeah sounds like SD just isn't your brand, that's cool! :-)

This evening I went for...

Diesel Hair of the Dog Toro - sheesh, I forgot how good these are. Pretty sure they are my favorite out of the Diesel lineup. Really unfortunate that every vendor I've found these at enforces my state's excise tax. :-)
Might have to face the music in order to get some more!
[Reply]
hammondc 07:51 AM 06-01-2020
Very hit and miss for me as well. Really the only ones from the whole lot I care for are the red label ones from the Quickdraw line.
[Reply]
Snook 10:39 PM 06-01-2020
Leche de Mama maduro -- outstanding after dinner smoke. I want more of these.

Perdomo Estate selection maduro torpedo -- Good, classic Perdomo style, but nothing to make me crave another soon.
[Reply]
The camaro show 09:54 PM 06-02-2020
Moving right along...

Love these as well, have you tired the new red band one Michael?
[Reply]
Weelok 11:56 PM 06-02-2020
Last few days.

[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:09 PM 06-03-2020
Guardian of the Farm day for me.

Natural Apollo lonsdale
Nightwatch Campeon
[Reply]
icehog3 05:22 PM 06-03-2020

Caldwell Midnight Express…...Oh, Billy......
[Reply]
Page 50 of 91
« First < 40484950 515260 > Last »
Up