Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 281 of 285
« First < 181231271279280281 282283 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>I had a great cigar today thanks to......
4WheelVFR 07:41 PM 05-29-2020
Last night was a SLR Marquez courtesy of Mr Icehog. Such a generous guy willing to share a great smoke with me. I'll be returning the favor soon. Thanks very much!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:36 AM 05-30-2020
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
Last night was a SLR Marquez courtesy of Mr Icehog. Such a generous guy willing to share a great smoke with me. I'll be returning the favor soon. Thanks very much!
I think you're thinking of yourself, Ray! :-) Glad you enjoyed it, My Friend!
[Reply]
massphatness 02:09 PM 05-31-2020
OpusXtasy! Gary gifted me a 2018 Connie B a while back, and it was the perfect smoke for today's hike.

Thanks, Gary!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:46 PM 05-31-2020
...stearns! Ben provided not only this HUHC for my breakfast cigar, but also some dessert for my rock glass tonight. Thanks Ben!

[Reply]
Flynnster 06:28 PM 06-01-2020
I'll be honest and say I don't remember who gave them to me, but I had some friends over who were looking to get into cigars, and it was the perfect time to grab some randoms that had been passed on to me in trades/bombs to have them start with.

Thanks to this awesome community of folks, we may have gotten a couple more hooked!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:40 PM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by Flynnster:
I'll be honest and say I don't remember who gave them to me, but I had some friends over who were looking to get into cigars, and it was the perfect time to grab some randoms that had been passed on to me in trades/bombs to have them start with.

Thanks to this awesome community of folks, we may have gotten a couple more hooked!
Payin' it forward.... Nice! :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 11:53 PM 06-02-2020
From Hipi3Slay3r a very tasty and potent Caldwell Long Live the King in his MAW bomb. Yummy.

[Reply]
icehog3 05:16 PM 06-05-2020
….stearns again! A tasty 30 year old La Corona this afternoon. Thanks Ben! :-)

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:48 AM 06-07-2020

Two more tasty stogies from my most recent trade with Weelock -

CigarFed Ctrl-Alt-Delicious - actually had this one a while ago, I recall it was quite good, spicy and powerful!

Fratello Navetta Toro - this was interesting! My first time trying a Fratello, this one reminded me a little of a Le Careme, tasty!!
[Reply]
Weelok 02:22 PM 06-07-2020
Glad you enjoyed them. The Navetta I enjoy the flavors and it’s improved since ROTT but they seem to struggle with burn issues. If they burned more consistently, it would definitely be a must smoke but man, frustrating.

I’m hoping they burn better now and maybe I will dig one up tonight.

Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

Two more tasty stogies from my most recent trade with Weelock -

CigarFed Ctrl-Alt-Delicious - actually had this one a while ago, I recall it was quite good, spicy and powerful!

Fratello Navetta Toro - this was interesting! My first time trying a Fratello, this one reminded me a little of a Le Careme, tasty!!

[Reply]
Weelok 06:20 PM 06-07-2020
From gomeitsmybday and the Isabella is on deck. Not even cut but wow the the end have sugar LOL. Like candy cane. Interesting.

[Reply]
Weelok 06:24 PM 06-07-2020
Thursday and Friday were two great cigars from Hipi3Slay3r. I’ve smoked many a box of the Cuban Maduro but it has since fallen off my radar. Was nice revisiting this cigar. The Saka, very nice. Well constructed so 3 thumbs up.

:-) :-) :-)

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 09:21 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
From gomeitsmybday and the Isabella is on deck. Not even cut but wow the the end have sugar LOL. Like candy cane. Interesting.

Nice! What did you think of the Isabela?

Yeah, all of the Isabela cigars have sweetened caps, according to the owner - this is done because some cubans cigars had sweetened caps in the past. I'm not a big fan of it, but fortunately it is very light and tends to disappear after the first few puffs.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:29 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
Nice! What did you think of the Isabela?

Yeah, all of the Isabela cigars have sweetened caps, according to the owner - this is done because some cubans cigars had sweetened caps in the past. I'm not a big fan of it, but fortunately it is very light and tends to disappear after the first few puffs.
I enjoyed both cigars quite a bit. I think the sweetened cap went quite nicely with the strength and somewhat dry mouth tobacco to give a very nice blended flavor.

Very good Isabela cigar.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:48 AM 06-11-2020
….4WheelVFR! A smokestack of a Juan Lopez PC, delicious little bugger threw out more smoke than I could have ever hoped for. Thanks Ray!

...and Malakai! An old RASS that was better than the ones in my humidor. Thanks John!

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:15 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
I enjoyed both cigars quite a bit. I think the sweetened cap went quite nicely with the strength and somewhat dry mouth tobacco to give a very nice blended flavor.

Very good Isabela cigar.
Excellent! Yeah I was eager to see what someone else from the forum thought of Isabela, as I haven't really seen many posts about them here, and from my experience, blend a damn fine cigar. The robustos and pyramids are especially tasty, planning to grab more soon.

Also happy to hear you liked the Sabor Aganorsa...I think I got those from Atlantic and the box was dated 2016, so while that's great, I worry that's because they weren't selling much, which is a shame because it's an excellent smoke as well.
[Reply]
Weelok 09:19 PM 06-14-2020
From 4WheelVFR a great Illusione Epernay, one of my favorites from Illusione and in my favorite size as I feel Illusione blends are really designed around the corona size IMHO. I love the other sizes as well but he really nails the corona size.

[Reply]
icehog3 03:53 PM 06-15-2020
....RevSmoke! A yellow celloed PG Cabionet Series from the turn of the century. Thank you Todd! :-) :-)

[Reply]
Weelok 11:16 PM 06-19-2020
From 4WheelvFR and it’s been a long time since I smoked an OpusX. Such a great cigar to the nub. Think it was and hour and a half. Great!

[Reply]
4WheelVFR 06:58 PM 06-21-2020
Awesome Dave! Glad you enjoyed it. That size has been hit or miss for me, but I'm really glad you got a hit. If the larger size I sent you smokes the same, you're in for a treat.
[Reply]
Page 281 of 285
« First < 181231271279280281 282283 > Last »
Up