1 2 >
General Discussion>My family's hobby
jsnake 04:08 PM 07-18-2011
Spider Ball Python
Mojave Ball Python
Bumblebee Ball Python
Pastel Het Albino Ball Python
Pinstripe Ball Python

All dominant traits that when bred together will produce these same traits plus other genetic morph variations. The pastel has the albino gene which is co-dominant so when bred the other snake must have the albino gene as well for it to appear.

I used to be terrified of snakes but after learning more and finding out there was good money in breeding I overcame my fears. Fun to learn about genetics with the kids.
[Reply]
acarr 04:18 PM 07-18-2011
Those are some purdy snakes.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:22 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by acarr:
Those are some purdy snakes.
And I bet they's tasty too.
[Reply]
jsnake 04:37 PM 07-18-2011
I had rattlesnake years and years ago
[Reply]
Stephen 04:43 PM 07-18-2011
Two questions:

1. Where's Damien?
2. When's your next match against the Honky Tonk Man?

:-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:47 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Two questions:

1. Where's Damien?
2. When's your next match against the Honky Tonk Man?

[Reply]
massphatness 04:57 PM 07-18-2011
DDT, baby!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jesseboston81 05:03 PM 07-18-2011
Paging Jim/KenyanSandBoa to thread!
[Reply]
area51 05:11 PM 07-18-2011
Thats awesome. Great looking snakes.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:16 PM 07-18-2011
Cool snakes, just keep them away from me!
[Reply]
Wanger 08:11 AM 07-19-2011
How about piebald? LOL Albino ball pythons are some pretty animals, too. They are great snakes. If I were allowed to get more snakes, thats one that I'd consider. There's a few others, too.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:02 AM 07-19-2011
The third and fourth pics are nice looking snakes!
[Reply]
Eleven 09:52 AM 07-19-2011
I miss my Ball Python!

That bumblebee is awesome!
[Reply]
jsnake 10:00 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Wanger:
How about piebald? LOL Albino ball pythons are some pretty animals, too. They are great snakes. If I were allowed to get more snakes, thats one that I'd consider. There's a few others, too.
We had het Piebalds but sold them before they bred. We might get a visual morph piebald but we are sticking to dominant traits now. The pastel het albino has to have a male with the albino gene in order to make it. Since pastel is dominant the other snake can be normal and you still get pastels. Learning about genetics while doing this has been pretty cool.
[Reply]
issues 10:08 AM 07-19-2011
The bumblebee is simply gorgeous!!!

I used to breed snakes long ago and far away. We mostly dealt with Carpet Python strains although my favorite snake was a beautiful Brazilian Rainbow Boa. Unfortunately, she died when I went out of state for 6 weeks and my roommate neglected to give her water.
[Reply]
sikk50 06:09 PM 07-19-2011
Ugh, this thread gives me the willies
[Reply]
Wanger 06:31 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by jsnake:
We had het Piebalds but sold them before they bred. We might get a visual morph piebald but we are sticking to dominant traits now. The pastel het albino has to have a male with the albino gene in order to make it. Since pastel is dominant the other snake can be normal and you still get pastels. Learning about genetics while doing this has been pretty cool.
Awesome to learn about all that stuff. :-) Especially when teaching the kids, too. If/when you get some hatchlings, let me know, I'll talk to the wife about adding to the collection. :-)

Originally Posted by issues:

I used to breed snakes long ago and far away. We mostly dealt with Carpet Python strains although my favorite snake was a beautiful Brazilian Rainbow Boa. Unfortunately, she died when I went out of state for 6 weeks and my roommate neglected to give her water.
I've wanted one for YEARS! BEAUTIFUL snakes. I only have a Dumeril's ground boa and a green tree python right now.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:00 AM 07-20-2011
Pic from the weekend of the GTP:
[Reply]
hotreds 07:55 AM 07-20-2011
Very nice indeed!
[Reply]
hotreds 07:56 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by issues:

I hope that was also the end of that roommate!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up