Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 70 of 124
« First < 2060686970 717280120 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
NPRCHRISTOS 08:56 AM 07-21-2013
Just tried JD single barrel. Very smooth and goes well with an Oliva V!! :-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 07:56 PM 07-21-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Well how was it?
Not buying again. Buy buffalo trace or old weller 107. Much better. I prefer Devil's Cut, 7yo white label, or JB Black, but I prefer JB anyway....
[Reply]
kickerb 01:03 PM 08-01-2013
Anyone know where I could pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 Year?
[Reply]
Frodo 01:04 PM 08-08-2013
Originally Posted by kickerb:
Anyone know where I could pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig 18 Year?
I read it was being discontinued in favour of a 20yr expression at almost double the price. Pick up the dusties while you can...
[Reply]
proguy747 09:22 PM 08-19-2013
Tried Stagg JR today.

Stay away. Way to hot and not even close to the real thing. Waste of money
[Reply]
smokin5 10:55 AM 08-20-2013
Has anyone tried Watkins Select bourbon?
Normally runs about $20/750 ml, but I see Total Wine has it for $28/1.75 l,
so I'm tempted to pick some up.
Little leery, as it's only barrrel-aged 3 years.

If you've had any, what does it compare to?
[Reply]
5newmans 12:13 PM 08-20-2013
Has anyone tried the new Knob Creek Smoked Maple?
Image
[Reply]
Sanitariumite 12:28 PM 08-20-2013
I'm deployed to the beautiful country of Afghanistan right now, and won't be back for another 8 months or so. I've decided to send my wife on a quest for THE bottle of bourbon that's going to be waiting to welcome me home (after she does, of course.) My question to all of you is: if it were you, what would be the bottle you'd choose? This will be my first taste of whiskey in close to a year, and I want something that's worth the wait. Something to blow my mind and tastebuds into a state of sweet bourbon-ey nirvana. So let's hear it, gents. What are your personal recommendations?
[Reply]
smokin5 02:54 PM 08-20-2013
Bourbon's a subjective item (like cigars), but here's
a list of what was awarded 'gold' at July's
International Wine & Spirit Competition:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-1...ca-2013-8?op=1

Good a place to start as any. Get one of each & pour a set!
[Reply]
MarkinOR 04:26 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Bourbon's a subjective item (like cigars), but here's
a list of what was awarded 'gold' at July's
International Wine & Spirit Competition:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-1...ca-2013-8?op=1

Good a place to start as any. Get one of each & pour a set!
The Hudson Baby Bourbon and the Hogs 3 Bourbon' look pretty interesting on that web site Eric...
[Reply]
RepoGenetic 04:28 PM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by 5newmans:
Has anyone tried the new Knob Creek Smoked Maple?
Image
Haven't seen this one. Would try if it's not priced way higher than their other expressions. (like Woodford does)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:20 PM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite:
I'm deployed to the beautiful country of Afghanistan right now, and won't be back for another 8 months or so. I've decided to send my wife on a quest for THE bottle of bourbon that's going to be waiting to welcome me home (after she does, of course.) My question to all of you is: if it were you, what would be the bottle you'd choose? This will be my first taste of whiskey in close to a year, and I want something that's worth the wait. Something to blow my mind and tastebuds into a state of sweet bourbon-ey nirvana. So let's hear it, gents. What are your personal recommendations?
Pappy Van Winkle. Get her started looking now as it'll probably take eight months to find a bottle.

Stay safe, and keep one in the chamber around the locals.
[Reply]
big pete 01:30 PM 08-24-2013
^^ Spoke to a local store that carries a lot of HTF stuff and they said the next shipment should be around December. Hoping to score a bottle for Xmas

Pick up a bottle of Angels Envy that was finished in Caribbean rum casks. Can't wait to dig into it. Tried a similar blend at the local cigar bar (that they blended themselves at AE) and it was really good. Whiskey up front with a sweet rum finish

Image
[Reply]
mkarnold1 10:51 PM 09-10-2013
Just sipped down a couple glasses of the Kirkland brand (Costco) bourbon, and I gotta say it's pretty damn good. If you're only into the fancy bourbons, like 4 roses or bulleit, you may not appreciate it. But for a Knob Creek fan like myself, this stuff rocks. For the record, I love 4 roses and have not tried Bulleit. Price tag on the Costco bourbon is $17 a liter and it's 103 proof. I tried the bourbon with a 2002 LGC mdo#3 which was an amazing smoke and may have improved the beverage it was paired with by virtue of how awesome it was.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:40 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by big pete:
^^ Spoke to a local store that carries a lot of HTF stuff and they said the next shipment should be around December. Hoping to score a bottle for Xmas

Pick up a bottle of Angels Envy that was finished in Caribbean rum casks. Can't wait to dig into it. Tried a similar blend at the local cigar bar (that they blended themselves at AE) and it was really good. Whiskey up front with a sweet rum finish

Image
Looking to try the Rye shown here. Have the bourbon, and it's very good! They do not sell this in Bama, and when I got mine in Knoxville, they only had the bourbon, and not the rye. Enjoy, and..... Stay Thirsty, My Friend:-)!!!
[Reply]
big pete 01:23 AM 09-11-2013
I think the store I picked it up from may still have a bottle. Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you (think it was around $90-95 after tax).
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:07 PM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by big pete:
Image
Woah didn't know they sold a rye! :-)
[Reply]
RepoGenetic 03:30 PM 09-16-2013
Replenished my supply of Bulliet (reg and rye). Love the stuff.
[Reply]
Tredegar 08:30 PM 10-06-2013
While in Milwaukee this weekend I went ahead and bought a bottle of Russell's Reserve 10 year old. Nice nose, a bit tough on the tongue but pleasant flavors throughout. For 20 bucks a bottle a pretty good deal. If it were aged a bit more I believe it would be stellar.
[Reply]
MarkinOR 11:25 PM 10-15-2013
Enjoying two fingers, well, maybe three fingers of Elmer T Lee neet this evening:-)
[Reply]
Page 70 of 124
« First < 2060686970 717280120 > Last »
Up