Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 67 of 196
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
tsolomon 04:42 PM 02-09-2013
Stopped by my local dispensary to get Evan Williams SB on sale and they now have the 4 Roses Small batch and Single Barrel. I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if they put them on sale. :-)
[Reply]
frantisek 11:19 AM 02-10-2013
We don't have much choice of bourbon overhere but Makers Mark is what I'm drinking :-)
[Reply]
forgop 01:20 PM 02-12-2013
Picked up a couple bottles today...

Four Roses 2011 Lt Ed Small Batch
Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:41 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Shane, how is the Black Maple Hill? I saw some when I was last back home and was tempted to grab it
It is not nearly as smooth as Elijah 12 or WR. I need to revisit this one again, all I remember is the burn.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:31 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
Picked up a couple bottles today...

Four Roses 2011 Lt Ed Small Batch
Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year
Duane..... Glad you found some small batch that you could grab!! Hope you didn't go too far away from home to buy it!
[Reply]
forgop 04:53 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Duane..... Glad you found some small batch that you could grab!! Hope you didn't go too far away from home to buy it!
A couple of fine BOTL's here are assisting me with the 2012 limited edition Four Roses small batch and single barrels.

The "high end" liquor store here in Indy didn't have any 2012 limited editions and I thought I'd give a place about a 5 minute drive where I work out a try. They have the biggest beer selection I've seen, so it was the only other hope I had in town. Sure enough, they had the Jefferson 18 year I heard so many things about and noticed the small batch limited reserve from 2011, so I decided to pick it up since it was "only" $69.99 there.

What's your take on the Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:45 PM 02-12-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:

What's your take on the Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year?
It's been a couple or more years since I had that one. Seem to remember a decent taste, strong bite.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:26 PM 02-13-2013
Here's the Four Roses I had before. They still have a few bottles of the 2010 stuff bottled just for them in barrel strength. And to make things better, it was on sale tonight for $12 off their regular price! At $47 per bottle, I grabbed two bottles!!

[Reply]
DaBear 06:01 PM 02-13-2013
Gah, stop making me so jealous :-)
[Reply]
Boz 03:47 PM 02-14-2013
Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden's a couple days ago. Think I might pour some tonight.
[Reply]
smokin5 04:59 PM 02-17-2013
Update on my "Makers Mock" rant -
I received the following email today from the distillery:

Dear Ambassador,

Since we announced our decision last week to reduce the alcohol content (ABV) of Maker's Mark in response to supply constraints, we have heard many concerns and questions from our ambassadors and brand fans. We're humbled by your overwhelming response and passion for Maker's Mark.
While we thought we were doing what's right, this is your brand, and you told us in large numbers to change our decision.

You spoke. We listened. And we're sincerely sorry we let you down.

So effective immediately, we are reversing our decision to lower the ABV of Maker's Mark, and resuming production at 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof). Just like we've made it since the very beginning.

The unanticipated dramatic growth rate of Maker's Mark is a good problem to have, and we appreciate some of you telling us you'd even put up with occasional shortages. We promise we'll deal with them as best we can, as we work to expand capacity at the distillery.

Your trust, loyalty and passion are what's most important. We realize we can't lose sight of that. Thanks for your honesty and for reminding us what makes Maker's Mark, and its fans, so special.

We'll set about getting back to bottling the handcrafted bourbon that our
father/grandfather, Bill Samuels, Sr. created. Same recipe. Same production process. Same product.

As always, we will continue to let you know first about developments at the distillery. In the meantime please keep telling us what's on your mind and come down and visit us at the distillery. It means a lot to us.

Sincerely,

Rob Samuels
Chief Operating Officer,
Ambassador-in-Chief

Score one for the consumers!
It's true - the squeaky wheel gets the juice.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:14 PM 02-18-2013
Some nice glasses at Crate & Barrel today with free shipping! TODAY ONLY for free shipping, no minimum order.
I ordered two glasses, less than $15 shipped.
[Reply]
GWN 12:50 PM 02-18-2013
Picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace based on recommendations here. Look forward to sampling some.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:20 PM 02-18-2013
Originally Posted by smokin5:
Update on my "Makers Mock" rant -
I received the following email today from the distillery:

Dear Ambassador,

So effective immediately, we are reversing our decision to lower the ABV of Maker's Mark, and resuming production at 45% alcohol by volume (90 proof). Just like we've made it since the very beginning.

Sincerely,

Rob Samuels
Chief Operating Officer,
Ambassador-in-Chief

Score one for the consumers!
It's true - the squeaky wheel gets the juice.
I'm impressed! Didn't know you where an Ambassador:-):-) Congratulations on your input to the MM Company.

BTW, a few days back or so, I was at Traders Joes and happened to peruse their Bourbon section. Noticed a 750ml bottle of MM sitting there for $23.99 @ 45%alcohol/90proof. Happy to hear they will not be diluting their product...
[Reply]
cobra03 04:29 PM 02-18-2013
Went through a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 on my ice fishing trip last week. Really enjoyed it especially for the $20 i paid for it. Gonna keep some on hand at all times now.
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:39 PM 02-18-2013
Enjoyed some EWSB tonight. One of my favorites for the value.
[Reply]
forgop 12:13 PM 02-23-2013
My latest addition thanks to a fine BOTL from Texas.
Attached: four.jpg (53.0 KB) 
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:31 PM 02-23-2013
Very nice pickup Duane:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:08 AM 02-25-2013
New glasses arrived!
[Reply]
forgop 02:57 AM 03-01-2013
Strolled into Meijer and they've got alcohol on sale. Saw Rock Hill Farms on sale for $39.99. Reviews on it seem to be quite good so I'll pick up a bottle. Blantons was $44.99.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 196
« First < 1757656667 686977117167 > Last »
Up