Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 19 of 198
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Jdbwolverines 10:24 PM 06-06-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Purchse advice needed. I love elijah Craig 18... the vanilla/toffee on the nose is outstanding. I am looking for something just as "sweet" if not sweeter and smooth. Any recommendations?
I think that a bottle of Elmer T Lee may be just what you are looking for. Definitely one of the sweetest bourbons I have had and it also has many toffee/vanilla/carmel/honey etc. types of flavors you typically find in sweet bourbons that you said you liked in the Elijah Craig. For about $25-30 a bottle, it's easy on the wallet too. It's made by Buffalo Trace so its easy to find too.
[Reply]
bigloo 04:53 PM 06-08-2009
Originally Posted by Jdbwolverines:
I think that a bottle of Elmer T Lee may be just what you are looking for. Definitely one of the sweetest bourbons I have had and it also has many toffee/vanilla/carmel/honey etc. types of flavors you typically find in sweet bourbons that you said you liked in the Elijah Craig. For about $25-30 a bottle, it's easy on the wallet too. It's made by Buffalo Trace so its easy to find too.
Bottle of ETL on the way! This and Wellers came recommended. Wellers i cheap so grabbed one too.... how bd can it be:-)

Thanks!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:15 PM 06-08-2009
Bottle of ETL on the way! This and Wellers came recommended. Wellers i cheap so grabbed one too.... how bd can it be:-)

Thanks!

ETL is quite good...
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:53 PM 06-08-2009
Makers Mark?
[Reply]
smokin5 07:57 PM 06-08-2009
Still MY favorite, Bro!:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:52 PM 06-08-2009

Thanks!
Weller was my favorite in college, cannot tell you how many nights it put me to sleep :-)
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 10:03 PM 06-08-2009

Thanks!
From what I've heard Wellers is very similar too, I've just never had it so I couldn't say for sure. Have fun trying them all out. I know I sure do.:-)
[Reply]
kevpierson 07:38 AM 06-09-2009
Booker's and Baker's... The best of the Jim Beam Bourbon Family
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:03 AM 06-13-2009
I had several good bourbons yesterday for my birthday including;

Makers
Weller
Eagle Rare
Four Roses Small Batch

I had a great time and enjoyed each of these great bourbons while in the great state of Kentucky!
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:32 PM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I had several good bourbons yesterday for my birthday including;

Makers
Weller
Eagle Rare
Four Roses Small Batch

I had a great time and enjoyed each of these great bourbons while in the great state of Kentucky!
Wish I would've known you were in KY, would have tried to meet up. I was in Lexington on Friday doing an event and Louisville Saturday for another.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:37 PM 06-15-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Wish I would've known you were in KY, would have tried to meet up. I was in Lexington on Friday doing an event and Louisville Saturday for another.
Dang, I was in Lexington at the Hilton Suites! That would have been awesome!
[Reply]
OLS 12:25 PM 06-17-2009
Out of respect I will list Wild Turkey as number one. It has been, since 1980, my staple bourbon
and it's like saying you don't love your mother anymore because you met another woman.
But after that, Woodford Reserve is the total package. I have not tried many of the others
in this thread, since I AM loyal to the old Turkey. It can get in the way when you are not
a rich man. You don't have the fundage' to walk into a liquor store and "try" something new.
You go for what you know. (not that money spent on a bottle of whiskey that cost alot of
money would be WASTED, per se'...it's whiskey, after all.) Plus, my mad money is spoken for.
Fidel said he needeed it to carry out his commie plan.:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:23 PM 06-18-2009
Ladies and gentleman, today I hit the jackpot when it comes to bourbon collecting. I was able to pick up 2 sets (2 bottles per set) of the Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection. To give you an idea how rare these bottles are, each bottle is filtered using a different method. Each bottle is .375 liters. Only ONE barrel is used per bottling with an evaporation rate of 51%. Needless to say, these are next to impossible to get. I've been trying to get a hold of a set for a few years now, finally today I got my keep. Now the question is if I'll open them, lol.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:04 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Ladies and gentleman, today I hit the jackpot when it comes to bourbon collecting. I was able to pick up 2 sets (2 bottles per set) of the Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection. To give you an idea how rare these bottles are, each bottle is filtered using a different method. Each bottle is .375 liters. Only ONE barrel is used per bottling with an evaporation rate of 51%. Needless to say, these are next to impossible to get. I've been trying to get a hold of a set for a few years now, finally today I got my keep. Now the question is if I'll open them, lol.
:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:38 AM 06-19-2009
oh chill out and give me a bit, lol.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 07:43 AM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:27 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
:-):-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 08:44 PM 06-19-2009
http://twitpic.com/7stuw

There you bastages go.
[Reply]
Ken 09:05 PM 06-21-2009
Woke up to a bottle of Knob Creek this morning. The wife maid a good choice this year. :-) Wasn't planning an doing any drinking today, though I had to sit down for a taste or two.
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:31 PM 06-22-2009
Enjoy the Knob Creek while you can. Apparently they are coming up on a shortage and don't have enough to finish out the year. The good thing is that they refuse to bottle next years release early so that quality remains.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 198
« First < 9171819 20212969119 > Last »
Up