Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beads and Cigar juice
Azaelius 10:28 PM 05-01-2010
I have just bid on a new humidor on the "devil's site" and am most likely going to win. I hope. And pray. I need a humi. Bad. At least a 75 capacity.

Anyway, I digress. After bidding on said humidor, I had decided I would go the humi-care gel route for humidification. So, I thought I'd bid on some Cigar Juice PG 70/70 solution to go with it. I am also unfortunately going to win this.

Well, turns out I decided I'd rather have some lifetime lasting RH beads from heartfelt instead, which I ordered.

So! After that somewhat lengthy exposition on my situation, my question is thus: Can I use the Cigar Juice with the RH Beads, or only distilled water? I have read in ONE place that the PG 70/70 juice will clog and destroy the RH beads and is unnecessary. If this is the case, I am out $6 for nothing. :-)

Thanks very much.
[Reply]
loki 10:36 PM 05-01-2010
i've always just used distilled water on my beads..
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:22 AM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
i've always just used distilled water on my beads..
:-)
[Reply]
macsauce13 12:24 AM 05-02-2010
I AM NOT AN EXPERT... That being said...

I don't think you should use the solution with the beads. My understanding is the calibration in the beads could be severely damaged by adding another solution designed for a similar purpose.

Stick with distilled water with the beads! :-):
[Reply]
bobarian 12:25 AM 05-02-2010
Only distilled water with Heartfelt or Cigarmony beads. I would also avoid using the PG with a second humidifier in the same container. Hold on to the PG and the gel. You can give to a newbie who cant afford to upgrade to beads or put it together with your next donation to the troops. :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 01:12 AM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Only distilled water with Heartfelt or Cigarmony beads. I would also avoid using the PG with a second humidifier in the same container. Hold on to the PG and the gel. You can give to a newbie who cant afford to upgrade to beads or put it together with your next donation to the troops. :-)
This is a good idea. I didn't get the gel, but I'll keep the juice for that reason.

Thanks everyone. And it's only $6 right? Feh. No biggie now that I've had time to think about it. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:23 AM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-)
Bob is wise.
[Reply]
Starz26 04:38 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by Azaelius:
If this is the case, I am out $6 for nothing. :-)
Honestly, if you are worried about $6.00 then you may want to reconsider hobbies :-)

That said, distilled water only...
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 05:06 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:
Honestly, if you are worried about $6.00 then you may want to reconsider hobbies :-)

Eric, that's way your my friend and brother! :-)
[Reply]
Azaelius 06:05 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by Starz26:

I'm not worried about spending money. Not too much anyway. Just about buying things I don't need where the money could have been used better... like say, a $6 cigar! :-)
[Reply]
shadow king 06:01 PM 05-08-2010
I received a bottle of cigar juice way back when I first started this fine hobby. I never used it tho because I was scared to death of how the juice looked. It was brown and had nasty lookin floaties in it. Ended up pitching it. Distilled water is the only way to go!
[Reply]
rharris 11:15 PM 05-09-2010
Do not use the cigar juice. It contains propylene glycol. Gylcol will ruin the beads.Use distilled water only!
[Reply]
Up