Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Cojonu 2003
TomHagen 10:21 PM 01-10-2009
I just revisited one of my favorite cigars of all-time, the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003, a brown-label with second band Cojonu 2003.

Origin: Nicaragua
Length: 6 1/2
Ring Gauge: 52
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

I first had this cigar in my B&M about 2 years ago and it was almost too complex for me at that point, but knew I had something special.

I bought another and was really blown away by it's initial peppery-ness, but it's full-body and complexity that takes place as it smokes. It really develops so many different flavors as it is smoked, but remains balanced, and with a great strength. I picked up about 5 more right afterwards and only 2 lived up to my initial tasting. The others being good, 1 very good, but not life changing.

I have smoked one every once in awhile since, saving it for when I really had the time to enjoy it properly. I smoked one at my B&M 2 days ago and relived my initial impression - rarely can one find this amazing balance of strength and complexity that leaves you satisfied, yet looking forward to your next visit with this smoke.

Highly recommended, put in the time after a good meal.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:56 AM 01-11-2009
Thanks for the review! So, far I've only smoked the 2006. But I have some 2003's that I just haven't gotten around to enjoying as yet. Somehow, they always end up at the bottom of my humi and so get lost in the shuffle so to speak. From reading various reviews the consensus seems to be that the '03 is better than the '06.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:58 AM 01-11-2009
I have a few of these but have never smoked one... That is going to change!!!

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
G G 11:05 AM 01-11-2009
Never had one. Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:12 AM 01-11-2009
These are great, I agree 100%, I have the great fortune to travel through Miami a few times a year and try to visit the shop on Calle Ocho!

Nice review, thanks.
[Reply]
TomHagen 01:39 PM 01-11-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Thanks for the review! So, far I've only smoked the 2006. But I have some 2003's that I just haven't gotten around to enjoying as yet. Somehow, they always end up at the bottom of my humi and so get lost in the shuffle so to speak. From reading various reviews the consensus seems to be that the '03 is better than the '06.
Agreed. I have not smoked as many 2006, but they didn't come near the complexity of the 2003, which was IMHO a better smoke.
[Reply]
Zoomschwortz 08:53 PM 01-12-2009
Thank you for the review. I used to love most of the Fuente line until I discovered Tatuaje. Except for Opus and Anejo, I haven't looked back.

I have never tried the 2003 or 2006 Cojonu, but will need to look for them. My favorites are the Blacks then the Brown line up and then the Red line up. I don't care much for the P's though.

Thanks again.
Ken
[Reply]
Up