Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
Hem 11:26 AM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by dave:
Hem, I think that to some degree it depends on 'quality' of your pallet. Mine sucks. Took many years to get to point I am now.

You'll see Gurkhas in my humis, too. Three different paths; some left over from early cbid binges where I bought the hype; some (two?) that I found that I actually enjoy when I can 'steal' them on cbid, and some that arrived via bombs - from other poor botl's who got duped, I guess. They get ripped pretty bad on forums, but I think they have their place.

If you have any confidence in your pallet, pick up two or three of something that experienced brothers here are largely happy with - not something released in last 6 months -- that excitement can evaporate -- let others chase LE's. But try a brown label Tat or an Illusione....and see if your taste coincides at all with what you might have read in a favorable review.
I appreciate the input! Now I have a direction to begin looking. I have no taste yet whatsoever so I appreciate all the help I can get! I'll keep a look out for a brown label Tat or an Illusione, much appreciated.:-)
[Reply]
dave 11:46 AM 01-12-2012
And/or if you're like me and spending a lot of your early days at cbid because the allure of searching for the perfect $3 cigar is strong....then, I guess another approach is also worth your attention.....check out the cheap cigar thread on this forum and seek out some singles and 5ers from those recommended by brothers here
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=cheap
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:47 AM 01-12-2012
Hey you guys, when using Cbid, use this tactic:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52579
[Reply]
Crownedone 05:33 PM 01-12-2012
I have had many of the Gur's in my humidors, most got from C-bid. They have always been worth the $1.00- $1.50 that I have paid for them.
[Reply]
Hem 06:44 PM 01-12-2012
Welp they can start aging and be for guests and myself since I have nothing else to smoke in the new 150ct humidor I just picked up on Cbid! LoL :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 07:40 PM 01-12-2012
When you all get your packages in from c-bid I wouldn't mind (as I am sure many brothers wouldn't) seeing pictures of your hauls! When I get the box, or bundle I won (can't remember which it is coming in as) I will throw a pic up.
[Reply]
maconusmile 07:57 PM 01-12-2012
Geez... I just opened my first account with cigar bid about 2 hours ago and have already won (2) 150 count humidors and about to win 3 more 20 ct humidors. The 150 ct humidors are identical to the ones I already own but got them for 1/2 the price I spent on the others and shipping included. I am hooked already! Wife is gonna give me some nasty looks this week!
[Reply]
crazyirishman 08:10 PM 01-12-2012
I haven't even bought anything from Satan's Shop yet, and I've already started buying things mentally...

Uh-oh...
[Reply]
colinb913 08:13 PM 01-12-2012
^Thats where it starts. I will be in the middle of class and start mentally planning what to buy, where it will fit, and when I will have the extra cash for it.. Slippery slope indeed.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 08:18 PM 01-12-2012
"I want that Gurkha 5'er, that Fuente 5'er, that VS 5'er, that RP 5'er, well at this point I'm going to need another humidor. I don't like that humidifier or hygrometer, so I'll just order a crystal humidifier and a digital hygrometer. Wow! Look at that cutter! Gotta have that..."

That, plus about another half hour, was my exact thought process earlier...

:-)
[Reply]
Hem 08:25 PM 01-12-2012
I'll definitely throw some pics up when my little haul comes in...now that you mention it...I will need a digi hygrometer in the new humi I just won....bbl haha :-)
[Reply]
crazyirishman 08:39 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Hem:
I'll definitely throw some pics up when my little haul comes in...now that you mention it...I will need a digi hygrometer in the new humi I just won....bbl haha :-)
hehe.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 09:00 PM 01-12-2012
I'll through up some pics too!
[Reply]
maconusmile 09:01 PM 01-12-2012
lol... yup it's addicting indeed... just had to get another stinky jr, 2 Xikar lighters to go with my 5 new humidors! I am having a blast tonight. Smoked a Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro double toro and just lit up a Short Story after I made my Crown Royal and diet. What a wonderful life this is!
[Reply]
44stampede 09:40 PM 01-12-2012
I'll def throw some pics up. Looking at getting a coolidor going asap. Need to protect this investment!
[Reply]
colinb913 09:52 PM 01-12-2012
Just put the finishing touches on my coolidor a few moments ago. I threw a CPU fan in it to get some circulation going!
[Reply]
crazyirishman 10:03 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by maconusmile:
lol... yup it's addicting indeed... just had to get another stinky jr, 2 Xikar lighters to go with my 5 new humidors! I am having a blast tonight. Smoked a Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro double toro and just lit up a Short Story after I made my Crown Royal and diet. What a wonderful life this is!
I still have not yet tried any of the Hemingway Series, despite loving cigars and Hemingway novels. I'm betting that if it's anything like either or both of it's namesakes, it's fantastic.

Sorry. Off topic.
[Reply]
44stampede 10:12 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by colinb913:
Just put the finishing touches on my coolidor a few moments ago. I threw a CPU fan in it to get some circulation going!
Got a pic? I think I am going with a thermoelectric vs a compressor. That uses the ambiant air around the cooler but not sure if there is enough circulation.

Did you need to cut into the cooler at all?
[Reply]
colinb913 10:13 PM 01-12-2012
[Reply]
colinb913 10:15 PM 01-12-2012
Didn't make any cuts at all. Literally hot glued some cedar in, threw a few extra sheets in the bottom. Ran the fan wire through the back of the lid, and hot glued the fan in place, cigars, humi care jars, badda bing, badda boom.

Your talking about a wine-a-dor or a vinotemp. A coolidor uses literally a cooler. It's much cheaper, and from what I have seen does the same thing. It is by far the best "bang for your buck". But it sure isn't the prettiest.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up