Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>The gift idea thread
theycallmedan'lboone 01:17 PM 12-02-2008
well, I'm kinda short on gift idea's for the little woman. So I figured we could all pitch in of what we're getting for whom...

She wanted Gilmore girls, so she gets Gilmore Girls :-) but I need to pick up something else, more personal type. I was thinking one of those uber girly bath robes, but then she'll be opening this in front of her family and I don't want to give the wrong :-) idea. She just got a new phone, so that's out. She's not a big Chocolate or candy fan. She told me I could NOT buy her a gun... :-):-)
l need some help.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:19 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
well, I'm kinda short on gift idea's for the little woman. So I figured we could all pitch in of what we're getting for whom...

She wanted Gilmore girls, so she gets Gilmore Girls :-) but I need to pick up something else, more personal type. I was thinking one of those uber girly bath robes, but then she'll be opening this in front of her family and I don't want to give the wrong :-) idea. She just got a new phone, so that's out. She's not a big Chocolate or candy fan. She told me I could NOT buy her a gun... :-):-)
l need some help.
1) Tickets to Anfield.
2) Cigars
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:19 PM 12-02-2008
My brother-in-law always bought a rug. And when he unrolled the rug a gun was in there. Everyone was happy.

I'm sure she can use a nice end table humidor.

Really.. Gift cert. to a spa for her hair or massage or to do her feet. She would never spend the money herself but I bet she would like it.
[Reply]
Mugen910 01:21 PM 12-02-2008
Well since times are tough and $$ has been tight for the last 2 years for us..we've concluded that we just each buy ourselves 1 thing nice. That way we know we'll like it and won't have to worry about the other person.
[Reply]
MadAl 01:21 PM 12-02-2008
Maybe you should have a gift you give her in private. The family doesn't need to see everything, you can even tease her...
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:23 PM 12-02-2008
Gift certificate for a day at the spa. Works every time. Plus, it also gives you a free day to sit around smoking cigars. It's a win win.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 01:25 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
1) Tickets to Anfield.
2) Cigars
:-) we're getting married in the Summer, and she said she'd like to take me to Anfield for our honeymoon... :-) sadly, no football in July... :-) So I told her as long as we got there eventually I'd be ok... so that Idea is out... cigars... yeah after she saw how "expensive" they were.. no go.

CBSMOKIN
thats a great IDEA! high five for you! she got that for her birthday, and loved it, so why not... she's gonna open gilmore girls :-) and a gift card to whatever they call that place... excellent!
[Reply]
SilverFox 01:26 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
My brother-in-law always bought a rug. And when he unrolled the rug a gun was in there. Everyone was happy.

I'm sure she can use a nice end table humidor.

Really.. Gift cert. to a spa for her hair or massage or to do her feet. She would never spend the money herself but I bet she would like it.
Damn I have to agree with Al, you give her a gift card to a spa for a pedicure and a manicure and a massage or whatever combination thereof you wish and the time for her to go and enjoy it and you will be top shelf
[Reply]
mrreindeer 01:57 PM 12-02-2008
My wife loves her really really soft whatever-the-material-is robe; not sexy but if you're thinking robe...those are awesome. And certainly nothing to be embarassed about when opening in front of folks.

I'm at a complete loss with mrsreindeer. All she wants is clothes and basically, she's putting together a specific list for me because she has particular tastes and I'd likely do a lousy job picking stuff. Oh well, I gave her a big 'ol list for me in return. :-)
[Reply]
MadAl 01:59 PM 12-02-2008
Have been getting the missus gift certificates to a spa in Boston, massage, Pilates, whatever she likes. Got to tell you, she's gotten me some to the same place for massages, DAMN those are good back rubs!
[Reply]
pnoon 02:07 PM 12-02-2008
There is always the universal pleaser - jewelry.
[Reply]
dunng 02:09 PM 12-02-2008
Wii Fit... she wanted it, I swear! :-)

Gift Certs to the local day Spa always works good as well... :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 02:10 PM 12-02-2008
There is always the universal pleaser - jewelry.
:-) ooof - I tell mrsreindeer that she never wears the stuff I've gotten her so she ain't gettin' no mo! :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:11 PM 12-02-2008
Right on! Great idea CB!!
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 02:14 PM 12-02-2008
MY dad, little brother and sisters and mother is easy:
dad: predator calls (no not "if it bleeds we can kill it")
brother: tool box/tools/good knife to deploy with
sister 1: those dumb sheepskin boot things
sister 2: goalkeeper gear: gloves/jersey
sister 3: painting paper, khols gift card.

Fiance just got easier.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:14 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
:-) ooof - I tell mrsreindeer that she never wears the stuff I've gotten her so she ain't gettin' no mo! :-)
She loves (and wears) everything I've given her. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 02:29 PM 12-02-2008
get her a nice purse with a gift certificate to a spa in it
[Reply]
ucla695 02:50 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Just gotta go bigger and with more bling! :-)
Same here. It's always on her Christmas and Birthday wish list.
[Reply]
ucla695 02:52 PM 12-02-2008
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
Gift certificate for a day at the spa. Works every time. Plus, it also gives you a free day to sit around smoking cigars. It's a win win.
:-) For sure!! You get to have your cigar and smoke it too! :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 06:22 PM 12-02-2008
At the same time Peter? Like this:

Wait just a rootin' tootin' second.....THAT'S where mrsreindeer is gettin' that stuff from....it's YOU! :-):-)

And don't she look fine? An awful lot like Mr. T, but fine! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up