Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Show us your most prized cigar(s)...
JE3146 07:19 PM 12-10-2008
I know in each of your humidor you have that 1 or more cigars that you'll never touch or are saving for just the right occasion...

Show us some pics and tell us some stories.

I'll even go first.

Some of you may remember this. Others may have no idea.

This little box of cigars is what keeps me functioning after working for 72 hours straight with no sleep in a lab at school. Or having to leave my fiance at 10pm at night to go to a study group. Or waking up that extra hour early before a test. It's the box that has nearly turned my entire college career around.

This box was given to me by my good friend Shawn (SilverFox). It was custom made by Scott (Shilala) for the 3 cigars it contains. The first (bottom) is to be smoked when I graduate college. The 2nd is to be smoked when I'm married (this July). The third (top) is to be smoked when we have our first child (Not happening for a while :-) ... knock on wood).

Sadly the 2nd will likely be the 1st to be smoked, and sadistically the one I'm looking foreword to smoking most is the Cohiba, even though it'll require a kid in exchange for it's fiery death. :-) The God of Fire will have to wait until Spring 2010. A year from this coming spring.
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 07:27 PM 12-10-2008
I dont have pics....but did want to comment on that box again!

Hell of a gift from one HELL OF A GUY to another GREAT GUY...good luck #2

Shawn
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:41 PM 12-10-2008
That is a sweet set of cigars...

Here is one of mine, it's a 1930's era White Owl I won in a contest... I have no idea when I will smoke it... It's the one on the left... the middle one is from the 40's and the right from the 50's...

[Reply]
MTB996 07:47 PM 12-10-2008
Old photo, but still a nice present from a good overseas distributor. Still have the 'A' and Esplendido waiting on a special day.

[Reply]
alfbacca 09:17 PM 12-10-2008
Wow, mine really isn't as great as all the previous cigars, but it's special to me. It's a Padron 64 'A' that my fiance bought for me last year for my birthday. It's still sitting on top of my humidor. I'll probably smoke it this Christmas unless another cigar catches my eye. :-)
Attached: IMG_1246.jpg (54.9 KB) 
[Reply]
JE3146 09:45 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by alfbacca:
Wow, mine really isn't as great as all the previous cigars, but it's special to me. It's a Padron 64 'A' that my fiance bought for me last year for my birthday. It's still sitting on top of my humidor. I'll probably smoke it this Christmas unless another cigar catches my eye. :-)

Very cool. I've never seen a pic of one of those.
[Reply]
perogee 09:46 PM 12-10-2008
Currently, I would consider these my most prized
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...4&postcount=39
I think that these have had the most meaning for me
[Reply]
Heliofire 10:25 PM 12-10-2008
These are 5 I would consider, The Sunkist clear "Havana clear" in the foil is from 1910-1917, the second one was a very nice gift, both from lenguamor. The Forbidden X was also a gift, The Casa Fuente is from when I got married in Las Vegas, and the BTL I found a few weeks ago and is something that I have been wanting for years now. I just love collecting rare cigars. I also was lucky enough to find a box of Davidoffs at a B&M from the 2004 RTDA retailer dinner.
[Reply]
spectrrr 10:47 PM 12-10-2008
mmm, my prized sticks would be 3x 1958 pre embargo partagas churchill tubos. I'll post pics later :-)
[Reply]
alfbacca 10:57 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Very cool. I've never seen a pic of one of those.
Yeah, I never knew Padron made an 'A' size until she gave it to me. At the time I honestly thought she was giving me a fake cigar :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 01:45 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
mmm, my prized sticks would be 3x 1958 pre embargo partagas churchill tubos. I'll post pics later :-)
nice! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:51 AM 12-11-2008
Hmmm..... Right now I don't have any rare cigars, but I do have an Illusione culebra that is pretty cool. I also have some Tat Blacks. :-)
[Reply]
barbourjay 06:31 AM 12-11-2008
still waiting for my b&m to get me the other two bundles he promised. this has become one of my all time favorite cigars.

[Reply]
smitdavi 06:35 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
still waiting for my b&m to get me the other two bundles he promised. this has become one of my all time favorite cigars.

dayum...They are good cigars, they will be even better with some age :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:39 AM 12-11-2008
I love all my cigars equally. Asking me to pick favorites is like asking a father to pick his favorite child. It's just not going to happen. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:13 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I know in each of your humidor you have that 1 or more cigars that you'll never touch or are saving for just the right occasion...

Show us some pics and tell us some stories.

I'll even go first.

Some of you may remember this. Others may have no idea.

This little box of cigars is what keeps me functioning after working for 72 hours straight with no sleep in a lab at school. Or having to leave my fiance at 10pm at night to go to a study group. Or waking up that extra hour early before a test. It's the box that has nearly turned my entire college career around.

This box was given to me by my good friend Shawn (SilverFox). It was custom made by Scott (Shilala) for the 3 cigars it contains. The first (bottom) is to be smoked when I graduate college. The 2nd is to be smoked when I'm married (this July). The third (top) is to be smoked when we have our first child (Not happening for a while :-) ... knock on wood).

Sadly the 2nd will likely be the 1st to be smoked, and sadistically the one I'm looking foreword to smoking most is the Cohiba, even though it'll require a kid in exchange for it's fiery death. :-) The God of Fire will have to wait until Spring 2010. A year from this coming spring.
Very cool gift and I really like the custom box. Like how each one has a goal set to it.
alfbacca, don't sell yourself short. That's a pretty great group of smokes you got there. I am just amazed at Barbourjays collection of Blacks. Holy cr@p, stopping at that B&M would need to be part of my daily routine if they treated me that well.
Great pics and great groups of smokes fellas, keep em coming.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:07 AM 12-11-2008
Mine would be an 06 Opux X Perfection #2 to smoke when my book gets published and an 03 Monte #2 when I get a career.
[Reply]
warpedcigars 09:53 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Heliofire:
The Forbidden X is a great cigar. And the band, I love the colorway.
[Reply]
hsmunoz 01:55 PM 12-11-2008
these are some of my fav's
Attached: IMG_0893.jpg (102.7 KB) 
[Reply]
landhoney 01:58 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by hsmunoz:
these are some of my fav's
Pretty nice. Wish someone would have pushed me down the slope a few years ago. :-) If only I had started smoking cigars back then...:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up